At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top two cards of your library. You may sacrifice Preferred Selection and pay (2)(Green)(Green). If you do, put one of those cards into your hand. If you don't, put one of those cards on the bottom of your library.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Preferred Selection Discussion
1 year ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
1 year ago
I really wanna play with these cards: Abundance, Call of the Wild, Sylvan Library and Preferred Selection. They allow me to manipulate the top of my library alot. They, together with Omnath, Locus of Rage and Where Ancients Tread would be powerful & cool IMO.
2 years ago
Chord of Calling, Genesis Wave, Fauna Shaman, Enshrined Memories, Abundance, Cream of the Crop, Preferred Selection, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard = find Zada/Mirrorwing or Silverfur. And more lands (36 minimum)
2 years ago
Interesting deck. I never played monogreen, so I unfortunately lack experience in this color sheme, but it's the first time I'm seeing a pseudo-tax in monogreen that tries to mass fireball everyone!!! This looks terribly fun :P
A few questions that could raise updates:
Your list seems focused on dropping as much lands as possible, thus is 35 lands enough? Do you have moment where you draw just a few lands but have many "extra-drop lands" cards?
Preferred Selection seems overcosted (4 manas to cast) just for a semi-Sylvan Library, isn't it?
Nature's Wrath seems also overcosted (6 manas) for something that affects only U an B players. But maybe your meta is plenty of them?
Tangle is a fog I really like. It lets your opponent unprotected against other players that could take their chance with an open path. It helps distract attention away from you.
You should play Sol Ring at all cost, except for some weird theme reason, and even if you add Null Rod to your list (which is a really strong car against common manarocks and pesty artifact players -like me :p- )
Doubling Cube of course with this deck's strategy.