|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice any number of artifacts, creatures, and/or lands. Draw a card for each permanent sacrificed this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
14 hours ago
1 month ago
Cut deathreap ritual it's not a guaranteed draw, Phyrexian Arena is just better. Cut Chromatic lantern, its only good in 3 color+ decks; in this deck it's a wasted card slot.
Cut Primal Vigor, and just add Doubling Season as it doubles the amount of spore counters put on your fungus every turn.
Cut Greener Pastures, it just helps your opponents as much as you.
Cut Strength In Numbers, in this deck you are either going to combo out or swing wide with a bunch of dudes.
Cut Evolutionary Leap, you don't have many creatures you make tokens.
Cut Life And Limb, because its gonna feel real bad when Lindsy WOGs your lands away.
Cut Costly Plunder
Cut Sprout Swarm, your commander does that for 1 mana less
Cut a tutor, I don't care which one and replace it with Natural Order to tutor up a Craterhoof Behemoth(yes you need one of these) for game.
Cards you NEED to add:
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: This will just win you games with brute force.
- Emrakul's Evangel: Can be a win con, and does turn a bunch of your 1/1's into 3/2s
- High Market
- Viscera Seer: This can help you get to answers if you need them
- Smothering Abomination: Sure it comes at a cost but it's a lot of draw power
- Reprocess: You can draw insane amounts of cards with this.
- Primal Growth: stupid good ramp, and you will almost always be able to sac something into it.
Here are some cards worth looking at, not nessecarily SHOULD go in:
1 month ago
I would cut the Slum Reaper before the dog. He's Maz's best friend after all, plus the reaper has redundant copies in the 3 drop slot. I think Pox under performs unless it's played after Mazirek, so that could be an ok cut. For the last card I'm stuck between Dark Prophecy, Reprocess, and Ruthless Knave. None of those cards are really bad, so cutting one is hard for me to figure out. All three of those cards have helped me win games but have also helped me lose in different games. Personal preference and your metagame will determine this choice I think. I'm curious how it all works for you. Come back and post a message after you've played with it and let me know what you chose. Cheers.
3 months ago
Those are very interesting suggestions! I liked the Reprocess for the card draw especially. I will take a look at your deck though to see how those others play. Thanks!
3 months ago
I just finished my own list for a landfall Gitrog deck (altough I didn't want to take the dredge or infinite combo way). Some cards I might suggest:
- Sword of the Animist to ensure landfall triggers
- Reprocess allows you to draw a lot of cards by saccing lands, while also bringing them back if you have World Shaper or Splendid Reclamation at the ready
- Baru, Fist of Krosa can pump your team pretty heavily when recurring your lands from the graveyard and also gives trample (this only works for your green creatures, note that opponents playing forests also pump your team)
- I would suggest Evolving Wilds and/or Terramorphic Expanse because you get 2 landfall triggers out of it, plus you also get to draw when Gitrog is in play
- Squandered Resources is an awesome cards for a deck like this, however it is maybe out of your budget
If you want I can post my list (or you can find it through my profile)
3 months ago
Hi! No problem! Got some ideas for ya!
I'm thinking this is a good start to a steal, dethrone, sack, gain control of a creature deck. Threaten effect, attack triggering Dethrone, sac to Ashnod's Altar, you end up with permanent control of the creature. P.S. I really like your Unspeakable Symbol in here. Brilliant!
So for what I'm thinking we'll need a bunch of stuff: Steal spells, ways to lose life(to activate dethrone), and sac outlets. Let's get to work!
Steal Spells: Slave of Bolas, Mass Mutiny, Insurrection, Mark of Mutiny(holy moley you don't even need dethrone :D), Act of Aggression, Word of Seizing, Zealous Conscripts, Kari Zev's Expertise, Act of Treason, Traitorous Instinct, Harness by Force, Hijack, Threaten.... these are all decent options. I think you should capitalize on the cost-efficiency of the red Threatens to leave room to do other things the same turn. Others like Insurrection are just game winners, especially if you end up with control of all of the stolen creatures in the end :)
Sac outlets: Fling(for the lolz and to deal some damage), Phyrexian Altar($$$$ I know), Attrition, Goblin Bombardment, Viscera Seer, Greater Gargadon, Grimgrin, Corpse-Born, Phyrexian Tower, Carrion Feeder, High Market... that's a good start. Hopefully find sac outlets with added utility. I also really like the lands, definitely run those.
Ways to lose life: Necropotence(commander staple, nice because you can pay only as much life as you need), Phyrexian Arena, Dark Confidant, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Bloodgift Demon, Sign in Blood & Night's Whisper, Dark Tutelage, Greed, Reprocess.... wow! luckily, black has us covered in this category! Take your pick! These are all amazing because they enable the strategy of the deck and draw you cards! Perfect!
Hopefully this will give you a good jumping off point! Good luck friend!
3 months ago
Black Market goes really well in a Yahenni deck. Maybe you also can consider Reprocess, Bitter Ordeal, Urborg Justice, Eliminate the Competition, and Plunge into Darkness are nice as well, especially in a sac-heavy deck.