|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Rare|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, : Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Shiromakuro , marcus638 , Cunningcrow , Va1mar , itheoryz , sonnet666 , Swamy , plof , frederiklw , silvereh|
|Want (16)||planar_snap , Daenyth , coadster , PUfelix85 , fancysaurus , Talonisnthavingit , Turtlelover73 , vashaclarens , obitus , pphhaazzee , kovellen , The_Red , zephyrmoth , zomburs , brutusq13 , Geerie|
Journeyer's Kite Discussion
19 hours ago
Journeyer's Kite seems pretty slow. you might be better off with something like Chandra, Torch of Defiance, It ramps you and has a lot more versatility. Also, I don't know how much value you get off Homeward Path, and Reliquary Tower. cards like Koth of the Hammer want mountains in specific. on the other hand you might want the other haste lands. Hanweir Battlements and Flamekin Village.
1 month ago
Keeping the demon subtheme I would suggest: Ammit Eternal, Baleful Ammit, Archfiend of Despair, Demon of Catastrophes, Demon of Dark Schemes, Demon of Wailing Agonies, Harvester of Souls, Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis, Reiver Demon
I would remove: Buried Alive (don't see strong graveyard recursion), Temporal Extortion/Dash Hopes (bc if its that important to your opponents they will pay the life), Grinning Demon/Minion of Leshrac (no upside), Gloom/Infernal Reckoning(unless this is a meta choice but its too situational), Sanguine Bond (do you gain that much life to be relevant?), Death's Approach (for hard removal) and Without Weakness
1 month ago
Seems like a well balanced mix between fun and combo.
2 months ago
I was thinking, perhaps the familiars should be put in their respective 3-color shards? Or both sections.
3 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
3 months ago
Upvoted and saving for future reference; I'm debating building something similar myself at some point. Rebels strike me as an archetype that's strong to the point of being dishonorable -- even today when a 4/4 for 4 is a little expensive.
If it weren't for Lin-Sivvi, I'd suggest going WB for black's excellent card draw, and access to Deathtouch and a few black rebels; but I think Lin-Sivvi is stronger than the entire color black, in this deck.
Understand that I know very little about EDH -- I've only played a few games, and never won any -- but I've been reading up and gathering advice; hopefully what follows will be worth it.
Thoughts, from how I understand EDH so far:
- Rebels are playing a long game by definition; use land fixing to match. Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers can thin out the deck as well as Green can. Land Tax might also be worth it, but definitely keep your Tithe.
- Run Concerted Effort (tutor it out with Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance, or Windbrisk Heights), and tutor out Rebels with abilities you want to share. It looks like you're running most of them already -- I'm especially happy to see Thermal Glider and Rappelling Scouts.
- Mana ramp? I've heard it says that whoever gets the most mana tends to win an EDH game, and I can particularly believe it for this deck. Temple of the False God is reliable, especially with the tutoring solutions I mentioned. Sword of the Animist would also work.
- Card draw: use Mentor of the Meek, Slate of Ancestry, maybe Jayemdae Tome and Armistice.
- Light of Day if your play group will tolerate it.
Breaking off here, since there's only so many cards you can propose in one comment. Will resume in a moment.
4 months ago
I'm also just trying out Emeria Shepherd. In theory with cards like Wayfarer's Bauble and Burnished Hart I can use them to turbo ramp in the later parts of the game, and if that doesn't happen just a single plains activation to bring back a key permanent could prove to be worth the card slot. Ojutai's card selection along with Journeyer's Kite and Thaumatic Compass Flip should allow me to consistently get the plains trigger in my deck, but I haven't yet considered that your list is much heavier on the non-basics so the Shepherd might not be the right fit for you. Still, I definitely think that the Shepherd's effect is powerful enough to warrant the addition of maybe a couple more plains to at least try out.
With regards to Treasure Map Flip, I've found it more attractive in non-blue/green decks just as a cheap source of card selection with the scry while charging up counters, ramp with the land transformation, and since the map itself makes you 3 treasures on transform if you don't need the extra mana you can always just use the treasure to draw extra cards. It is pretty inexpensive to get going so I disagree with the high setup cost but its definitely not that impactful of a card.
5 months ago
This isn't super sorted, but I tried to keep similar effects together, sorted by cost as well.
General Tip - Since Narset can only cast things whenever they could be cast, instants are a big advantage
About Wraths - You won't want to cast them with Narset out, but it's better than dying(probably get 4-6)
Things to cut:
any equipment - equipment is okay, but since you don't get the equip cost for free you want to focus on low equip costs, or things that protect narset
about aura's - normally they're just card disadvantage but narset probably offsets that
bounce lands - (like Boros Garrison) are usually a little awkward and slow, in three colors you're better off with basics
Aether Gale - tricky since it needs six targets and that won't always be possible
Sea God's Revenge - bounce that only targets creatures usually isn't worth it in EDH, probably better to have hard removal
Breath of Fury - while decent if you have the creatures (and you have some token generation) it's probably not consistent enough, just run sorcs that give extra combats
Dissipation Field - often gives too much value to opponents, maybe even being a lure (lightmine field might be a decent replacement)
Dismiss Into Dreams - you're not targeting that often, and if you are it should be removal anyways
Assemble the Legion - Seems to slow to be effective
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - Need to go wide for this to be really effective
_cheap$$(around or less than a dollar): _
Swords to Plowshares(removal) - excellent creature removal, cheap if you happen to draw it
Crib Swap(removal) - still exiles a creature outright, but 3cmc
Banishing Stroke (removal, tuck, utility) - expensive hard cast without narset/miracle but tucking is often better than destroying(worse than exiling)
Relentless Assault(extra combats) - Extra attack steps with Narset is dumb, do it
Fury of the Horde(extra combats) - extra attack steps (they're the best)
Boros Charm(protection, burn) - versatile, keeps narset alive
Return to Dust(utility removal) - Exiling artifacts and enchantments is better than not
Vandalblast(Mass artifact removal) - not an exciting card, but taking out only opponents artifacts cripples some decks
Sunforger(tutor/equipment) - only good if you have enough cards it can search for, is mana intensive but if you have enough cards it can fetch it'll be worth it
Lightmine Field(pillowfort/defense) - Narset can attack through it, and keeps token swarms off your back
Crawlspace(pillowfort/defense) - Against, stops large swarms, still you'll probably get hit by the two biggest creatures
Counterflux(counterspell) - strong counterspell, wins counter wars
Render Silent(counterspell) - Makes people sad, locks them out of whole turns
Insidious Will(counterspell, spell copy) - versatile, let's you copy stronger effects from narset as well
Reverberate(spell copy) - often is what you need it to be, can be a counterspell or raw value, great for piggybacking on green ramp
Wild Ricochet(spell copy) - copy a spell, twice!
Spelltwine(spell copy, recursion) - recursion is great since you're putting so much stuff in your graveyard
Call to Mind (recursion) - you have spells, may as well re-use the best ones
Mystic Retrieval (recursion) - same but with flashback!
Mirari(spell copying) - copying any instant or sorcery for three is a pretty good deal if you don't have to pay for the spell already
Clone Legion(wincon) - With how many etb creatures people run, this can be a game ender, or enough raw value to put you ahead
Blatant Thievery(card advantage, removal) - stealing things makes people mad, but it's very effective
Journeyer's Kite(ramp) - slower than rocks, but more reliable, a slow and steady way to get mana
Brass's Bounty(ramp) - only good if you need a lot of mana one time
Chain Reaction(mass removal) - board dependent, and kills narset, sometimes you need more wraths
Day of Judgment(mass removal) - very strong
Final Judgment(mass removal) - against some decks destroying all creatures isn't enough, exiling is
_LANDS(can be boring, but are often a big part of how your deck performs): _
Command Tower - Must have in three colors
Mystic Monastery - Tapped lands aren't great, tri-color tap lands in your color are
Rogue's Passage(unblockable) - Being colorless is bad, being unblockable is good
not so cheap$$(around three or more dollars):
Path to Exile(removal) - a second StP, not all decks need it, but it is strong
Darksteel Plate(protection) - keeps your commander safer, isn't super powerful, cheap equip
Rite of Replication(wincon, value) - You still have to pay the kicker but this card is incredible
Waves of Aggression(extra combats) - take extra combats, plus you can play it from the graveyard
Wrath of God(mass removal) - it's the best, but day of judgment is as good 99% of the time
Austere Command(mass removal) - hit's only what you need it to hit, can ignore narset if necessary
Cyclonic Rift(mass removal) - one sided, but you have to pay for the kicker with narset, still can steal games
Blasphemous Act(mass removal) - often one mana