Artifact Creature — Beast
Sacrifice an artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on Arcbound Ravager.
Modular 1 (This enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. When it's put into a graveyard, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Arcbound Ravager occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.09%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Arcbound Ravager Discussion
3 weeks ago
I like those deckbuilding rules. I would build something like this for that challenge: Endless Swarm
For powerful artifacts, OG Mirrodin had the original Affinity™ with Arcbound Ravager which was banned in standard after the release of the Kamigawa block. As long as you choose your 8 sets ending with Fifth Dawn, you should be able to use Arcbound Ravager and all the Artifact Lands , right?
2 months ago
I think you’ve cast your net too wide here, trying to fit waay too many gameplans into one deck. What you’re going to end up with is lots of cards that don’t work well together, or to their full potential. I’d recommend figuring out what you actually want from this deck and narrowing down your options to a more fine-tuned machine.
So, some thoughts for consideration (further extrapolation):
1) you’re running a lot of cards mainboard here that typically are run in neither Hardened-Scales decks nor Affinity decks. Specifically, Darksteel Juggernaut , Padeem, Consul of Innovation , Phyrexian Revoker , Chalice of Life Flip and Trailblazer's Boots . Affinity decks typically aim to close the game out within the first few turns, where as scales decks are looking to get down as many counters as possible onto the board asap. None of these cards appear to help with either plan and i’m thinking you should question what purpose they serve towards your gameplan. Some look like viable sideboard choices however.
2) On top of your existing deck-mashup, i see you’re running the Urza lands and Karn, the Great Creator , cards which are again not seen in Scales or Affinity, but are seen in Tron. Having 3 decks mashed together into one is going to play just like it sounds - you’re often going to get fragmented pieces for each of the 3 gameplans, but seldom get the right draws to form a coherent strategy.
on the Tron front, you have no easy way to get it up and running, the payoff count is low, but it creates a few dead cards in-hand while you’re lacking Tron. I also don’t see any “i win” payoff targets for Karn?
on the Affinity front, you’re missing Arcbound Ravager to secure early wins, and not enough rampy pieces to empty-hand and overwhelm. Those zero-cost artifacts are only good in affinity cause they can win in the first 3 turns. Longer games tend to make them terrible pieces.
on the Scales front, you have too few creatures that provide counters, to make full use of the enchant. I also see Metallic Mimic , which is a great card, but is going to have difficulty with the sheer number of creature types you’re running.
Anyway, i hope this didn’t come across as being too harsh - and i’m happy to help with any suggestions you’re after and other help. I for one welcome our new robot overlords.
3 months ago
Geralf's Messenger is a great value three drop zombie. But aside from Diregraf Colossus , three drop slots are reserved for lords. Colossus is stiff competition against Messenger for value three drop, but in a true tribal shell the payoff of Colossus simply outmatches Messenger. Considering we can take advantage of the combo of Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler with Undead Augur , Colossus is another value piece that plays with that sac engine.
Plague Belcher in interesting in that you can loosely mimic Arcbound Ravager / Walking Ballista by combining with Carrion Feeder and dump your board on your opponent’s life. But like Diregraf Colossus to fill that role. He can be big on his own and also puts more pressure less directly on our opponent’s life.
3 months ago
This guy is super dope, it is just too bad he isn't jund and/or 1 cmc cheaper.I thought up a couple hulk piles with this guy on board. One is Arcbound Ravager , Lesser Masticore , and Walking Ballista . Sac lm to ravager until ravager is arbitrarily large and then sac ravager to put counters on ballista.
The other is Skirk Prospector , Scuzzback Marauders and Walking Ballista . Same concept with different method. Sac scuzzyboi for an arbitrarily large amount of mana and sink it all into ballista and ping down your opponents.
4 months ago
Misc - Sigarda's Aid , Arcbound Ravager , Inkmoth Nexus , Gideon, Ally of Zendikar , Gideon Blackblade , Shimmer Myr , Scrap Trawler , Myr Retriever , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Mycosynth Golem , Etched Champion , God-Eternal Oketra , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , City of Shadows , Brave the Sands , Duelist's Heritage , Heliod, God of the Sun , Baneslayer Angel , Archangel of Tithes , Sublime Archangel , Platinum Angel , Platinum Emperion , Odric, Master Tactician , Angel of Jubilation
Artifacts - Akroma's Memorial , O-Naginata , Inspiring Statuary , Blade of Selves , Godsend , Bloodthirsty Blade , Bloodforged Battle-Axe , Helm of the Host , Paradise Mantle , The Immortal Sun , Alhammarret's Archive
Protection - Selfless Spirit , Faith's Shield , Rebuff the Wicked , Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Leonin Abunas , Leyline of Sanctity , Indomitable Archangel , Mother of Runes , Giver of Runes , Divine Deflection ,
4 months ago
I'm thinking you'll want to maximize on artifacts that are sacrificed in order to reap great benefit.
If you want access to some great ramp for you deck, Tooth of Ramos and Heart of Ramos will allow you to get 2 mana from them. After they are sacrificed, if Gerrard dies you get them back for free. Now I'm not sure on the technicality / legality of it, but I believe Horn of Ramos , Skull of Ramos and Eye of Ramos can also be used in your deck. Their errata text contains the mana symbols, but the physical cards do not; They list the color by name, not by identification. So I believe they are legal in all decks, regardless of colors.
- Arcbound Ravager can go full beast mode
- Burnished Hart is an obvious must
- Boros Cluestone card advantage
- Boros Locket more card advantage
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk is a recurring boardwipe
- Dreamstone Hedron gives you massive card advantage
- Glaring Spotlight amazing finisher
- Hedron Archive more card advantage
- Hope of Ghirapur lock on a single player
- Idol of Oblivion finisher
- Krark-Clan Ironworks explosive turns
- Kuldotha Forgemaster tutors
- Life Chisel life
- Lotus Bloom ramp
- Lotus Petal more ramp
- Metalwork Colossus free cast
- Mind Stone card advantage
- Mindslaver and I can not stress this enough, Mindslaver
- Mishra's Bauble card advantage
- Phyrexian Dreadnought bomb and you get back your artifact creatures
- Ratchet Bomb disgusting one-sided removal if you put 2 - 3 charge counters on it to blow up stones
- Universal Solvent awesome spot removal
- Wayfarer's Bauble ramp and deck filtering
Probably a few I missed but there you go.
5 months ago
Pretty simple Teysa Karlov on the field, Arcbound Ravager in play. He dies, modular death trigger is activated. Now do I get to put his +1/+1 counters on 2 creatures? Do I put them on one and then move them to another one? Does this defy the laws of aristocracy and actually do absolutely nothing, like put all the counters on the first creature then putting his now 0 counters on the next?