Silas Renn, Seeker Adept
Legendary Artifact Creature — Human
Whenever Silas Renn, Seeker Adept deals combat damage to a player, choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Silas Renn, Seeker Adept Discussion
2 days ago
Mechanized Production might not be a bad choice. You can copy your mana rocks to increase ramp or equipment to Voltron up, and possibly win if no one comes up with an answer in seven turns (unlikely).
You seem to have a lot of field buffs in this deck. Gideon, Ally of Zendikar fits into your Human tribal, and he can create an irremovable emblem that buffs your whole field.
Think about removing Elgaud Inquisitor, Fugitive Wizard, Research Assistant (for Azure Mage), Selhoff Occultist (unless you can create infinite death triggers),
2 weeks ago
Geralf_Cecani Thrasios is an oulet for infinite mana combos and costs only 2 to cast, which is great to have available at all times. I haven't seen anyone play this commander but it's surely great for a lot of combo decks...and in blue/green there are a huge lot of infinite mana combos, for example Grim Monolith/Power Artifact or Staff of Domination with something like Priest of Titania or (even colorless) Metalworker, Rings of Brighthearth and Basalt Monolith which are both tutorable with Trophy Mage...all the stupid tricks with Peregrine Drake and Palinchron...there's really a lot in these colours to abuse Thrasios.
Also, Silas Renn, Seeker Adept is probably one of the best partner commanders besides Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder (I personally like the combination of both in my aggro stax Workshop Party). You can even mess with Lion's Eye Diamond, Goblin Welder, Daretti, Scrap Savant and stuff like Su-Chi, Dack Fayden to make absolutely broken plays. Of course this requires a higher budget, because the artifact power alone is usually not cheap.
2 weeks ago
Thrasios, Triton Hero is a good card, but he isn't commander material, in my opinion, even with partner. His ability barely functions as a mana ramp, with a high chance you won't even draw the land, and even if you do, 4 mana is a shit load for a single land. And if you're after him for card advantage? Take a look at Arcanis the Omnipotent. There's all that card advantage you'll every need, and then some. And then there's the fact that all the other partner heroes are either terrible (Silas Renn, Seeker Adept) or require a deck to be built around them (Akiri, Line-Slinger).
3 weeks ago
The Grixis commanders I have experience playing with are:
Thraximundar: good, but more recent cards have made him less OP than he used to be.Nekusar, the Mindrazer: great, but his gameplay is a bit repetitive (force feed).Marchesa, the Black Rose: great, but again, she cuts a pretty straight line through the game (fill the board, wipe the board).
Either Marchesa or Nekusar are fair choices, but I expect you'll get board of them in a year or two, depending on how much you play them.
In the end, I'd suggest Vial Smasher the Fierce paired with one of the other new partners like Silas Renn, Seeker Adept or Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist that piques your interest. I think that leaves you with more routes to victory, keeping game play fresh and your investment well worth it long term.
3 weeks ago
I'm gonna go on a little "card vomit" here, so if I apologize if I repeat anything I didn't see that's already in your deck. Unwinding Clock, Darksteel Forge, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Silas Renn, Seeker Adept, Arcum Dagsson, Filigree Angel, Master Transmuter, Indomitable Archangel, Leonin Abunas, Muzzio, Visionary Architect, Steel Overseer, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Inventors' Fair, Time Sieve (goes great with Thopter Assembly, cough, cough, infinite turns), Krark-Clan Ironworks, Ethersworn Canonist, Marionette Master, Metalworker, Mirrorworks, Academy Ruins, Glimmervoid, Sculpting Steel, Phyrexian Metamorph, Tezzeret the Schemer, Tezzeret, Master of Metal, and Tempered Steel are all nice cards for any artifact deck.
Well, that's all I really have to say for the moment. Hope this wall of text I just typed helped, and good luck with your first EDH deck.
3 weeks ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?
1 month ago
Thanks for all the advice, guys :)
I think it's important to note that the decks I'll be playing against aren't the fully fleshed-out versions of their commanders; for example, the Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck is currently just an upgraded precon (though he's looking to buy a Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger and Sheoldred, Whispering One soon), so I won't have to worry much about being underpowered compared to my friends.
So, as Bhaal666 mentioned, the Breya, Etherium Shaper deck has always been my pet-favorite of the three. Although I probably won't be able to get most of the landbase for a while (damn you, fetches!), most of the deck can be bought on the cheap and it has that janky-but-powerful feel I enjoy.
For Izu_Korasu, the idea behind Breya, Etherium Shaper as the commander was that she could serve as a utility piece for using your excess Myr tokens (in addition to giving me four colors). Though, now that you bring up Silas Renn, Seeker Adept & Akiri, Line-Slinger, I'm starting to reconsider. I may make the switch to those two, but I'll have to find a card to cut in the maindeck to make room for them. Any suggestions?
And yeah, Daedalus19876, I've been interested in Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons since she was spoiled, and she seems awesome (love your deck, btw!). While she's probably the best long-term investment in terms of acquiring staples and such, I currently run an upgraded Daretti, Scrap Savant deck when we play, so I could cross some of the artifacts I'm currently using between the decks. Not sure how practical that is, but it's an option I suppose.
Anyway, I'm gonna make a few revisions to the decks and mull over my options for a while. Again, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it :)
1 month ago
so im leaning towards Hapatra, g/b gives you solid removal against the problematic cards from the above decks, and while I think it can benefit from some infect (Blightsteel Colossus, Triumph of the Hordes etc), I like the build and the creative space its exploring.
Breya feels like the wrong commander, she really doesnt do anything for the theme. i think Silas Renn, Seeker Adept+Akiri, Line-Slinger may be a better fit for the decklist. (one being a living Cranial Plating and he other connecting for artifact recovery)