|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
, Sacrifice a Wizard: Counter target spell.
Morph ((You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||LeroyJones , rakdos24 , Metaphisyk , releasethedogs , Nemesis , Ashy , Shiromakuro , Pumpkinking913 , KillDatBUG , rockleemyhero|
Voidmage Prodigy Discussion
5 days ago
Move Nezahal, Primal Tide to Draw. The draw makes him good more than anything... Like another Sphinx.
Glacial Chasm Count it as a land and take a land out. Downsides: Requires Muldrotha in play; Pricey Fog that requires players to run MLD or recurring land removal to answer; Probably not fun/healthy. Idk... I would play it competively, but you might regret having it in casuals.
Yavimaya Elder I bet you the is going to be annoying and he's 5 mana to run. Muldrotha is going to be under a lot of pressure to get things out when she's alive so he's by himself, really, and blue has good draw... so more baubles imo.
World Shaper If the gimmick isn't fun, out with him.
Ramunap Excavator I think Muldrotha covers both of these and only good if you hit the dinosaur or oracle.
- Perpetual Timepiece > Dreamborn Muse > Frantic Search. I would pick one. Probably the one that is worth and easy to cast with Muldrotha.
- Sultai Charm Versatile, but also conditional. I think we just wheel/loot into the removal we need.
So... we have enough cards that are good when Muldrotha is in play. Lets pretend she's dead (indefinitely)...
- Compulsive Research "Draw 2"
- Dark Bargain "Draw 2, lose 2 life"
- Birthing Pod < Sidisi, Undead Vizier < Final Parting cut two of these. Pod needs you to be creature based and to be built around... I think it interferes too much with the plan and is better with Elves and tokens. The latter two are close. Both want Muldrotha in play, but I think fetching Mimeoplasm or Ooze (or Dark Depths/Hexmage!) with Parting is stronger and less conditional. I love Sidisi though ;(
- Swan Song and/or Pact of Negation Negation is better if you have lots of counterspells or have to storm. If someone can tap your lands, gg. Sub in Voidmage Prodigy (same thing but reusable).
- Vedalken Orrery I don't think its worth when it doesn't interact with Muldrotha. You're running ramp and, again, not a lot of counterspells so you can just leave the mana open and spend it elsewhere instead of dumping into Orrery.
Also consider subbing more enchantment removal just to even the slots.
3 weeks ago
This is a super fresh take i like it a lot. How has Voidmage Prodigy played?
3 weeks ago
Wistful Selkie,Voidmage Prodigy, Spellstutter Sprite, Nightveil Specter and Exotic Orchard really don't have a place in the deck. They take up valuable slots you could have for things such as cantrips or draws.
3 weeks ago
If you really want to do aggro, Door of Destinies and Coat of Arms are obvious anthems, maybe Obelisk of Urd as well. Since Inalla gives extra ETBs, Naban and Panharmonicon can enhance Ambuscade Shaman, Boltwing Marauder, Ogre Battledriver, and In the Web of War. Kindred Charge can help end games. Flameshadow Conjuring can make even more copies. Replace Heat Shimmer with Twinflame.
Drop the monuments, the fixing cards, and some of the weaker creatures and play more lands, Command Tower, and signets. Drop Psychic Trance for Voidmage Prodigy or Glen Elendra Archmage or something. Drop the Arcane Adaptation stuff. Drop Gray Merchant since you don't have that much black costs.
3 weeks ago
i think ramp is key to victory with this kind of deck. there are some inexpensive ramp permanents that you can get extra value from with muldrotha. these include Wayfarer's Bauble, Khalni Heart Expedition, Yavimaya Granger, Dawntreader Elk...
any of the fetch lands let you play lands from graveyard, budget cards include Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Grixis Panorama, Bad River, etc. Strip Mine is probably worth the cost in the long run.
3 weeks ago
Bedlam Reveler seems hard to cast with only 19 lands and a relative lack of cheap cantrips to fuel it. It's also not evasive or particularly hard to kill. All in all seems like a lot of work for not a ton of payoff. I like additional copies of Enigma Drake and/or Adeliz instead.
To the extent that you're truly committed to the wizard sub-theme, I'm also not sure how much I like Delver of Secrets, because it's oftentimes not going to be a wizard when you go to cast your Wizard spells. I'm not sure you have enough wizards to otherwise reliably sustain the Wizard's Retort and Lightning. I like the Lightning more either way.
You also have a big gap at the 2-drop spot; Merfolk Trickster or Voidmage Prodigy could fill that spot, the former is more tempo so I'd probably go that route. Snapcaster Mage is also a wizard, obviously, but not budget.
Not a huge fan of Faithless Looting since it's card disadvantage you're not really looking to self-mill. The last copy of Serum Visions seems better. Sleight of Hand essentially digs you just as deep into your deck without the card disadvantage.
You could toss a couple of Grim Lavamancers in the sideboard.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Thank you, I will report my findings. The vessel may work well, I'll have to test it but it seems very good int the deck.
I took out some of the cards I felt didn't add to much value to the deck, and put in your suggestions and a few other cards I have found in the meantime.