|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
If you have no land cards in hand, you may reveal your hand rather than pay Land Grant's mana cost.
Search your library for a Forest card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Land Grant Discussion
6 days ago
The first places I'm going to test this:
1. Delver: we all know it's going to take another Treasure Cruise to make modern delver real
2. Soulherder + Stonehorn Dignitary
3. Some ridiculous zoo deck with goyfs and probably Mishra's Bauble and way too few lands
3.5: some kiln fiend deck or prowess of some kind that also plays way too few lands
4. Assault Formation decks: dont judge me. I've got a long history with doran
6. Freed from the Real combo
7. Kiki decks?
8. 8-whack. Seems sweet
10. Through the Breach /raze-boar decks
11. GW Value-town?! I'd love to see it come back
And since it looks like I'm stretching I want to end this with where i think we wont see it:
1. Tron: it misses planeswalkers and artifacts. Instant deal-breaker
2. Elves. They got searching on lock, though the Land Grant mode could come in handy
3. Neoform: it doesnt fit their playstyle, they go off much more like a legacy Belcher deck and a top 5 cards cantrip wont save many of their openers
4. Stoneblade: while turn 1 find a hierarch and play it be an awesome opening line,
The midrange uses of this card are pretty low powerlevel.
5. Crazy 5-color shenanigans: I dont think this will be enough to break some crazy ridiculous manabase deck or fragile combo deck.
cough (jeskai ascendancy) cough
6. Puresteel: drawing one of these during the beginning of the combo when you're still able to fizzle seems backbreaking, so maybe as a <2 of?
So naturally, the card is probably going to completely revolutionize one of those decks
3 weeks ago
Just so you also know, some cards, like Bant Panorama limit your search to a “basic forest” - Snow-Covered Forest has the basic supertype, so you will be able to fetch it with cards seeking a “basic forest” as well.
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
In general, I am not worried about these calculations, because the mana curve is effectively flat. If I have an opening hand with one land and a couple creatures, and some pump, then I'm good to go. This deck does require aggressive mulligans though. For example, I am not in the habit of keeping a Land Grant as my only "land" unless I am sure the opponent has no Force of Will or Daze . Even double Land Grant is risky.
2 months ago
- Land Grant allows you to keep greedy hands (one Land, w/Dork)
- It is fairly jank, haha. Very slow, unlike this next card...
- Treefolk Harbinger finds us: Lignify , Sheltering Ancient , Great Oak Guardian or Dryad Arbor (which works well in tandem with Gaea's Cradle )... So, removal, ramp, win con or mana. I suggest running it. Remember, Selvala let's us draw off fatties, so this isn't only a set up card.
- Neither are better, I hate to say. However, keep using them if you like!
- I've seen the Oasis, yeah! So, we don't use life as a resource, so having the Garden never hurts us. Lastly, it's Threshold ability is a mid-to-long game effect for us, only if needed; without being too Mana intensive (Oasis).
- Selvala does not need this. There are very few Cards here we're happy to pitch and too few Artifacts & Enchantments that truly stop us, so... Why help the rest of the board from Stax pieces?
- I ran this for a while: never had it go off successfully.
Thank you. Glad you enjoy the list and show! It will be updated once again after M20 fully releases (and the cards are made available here). I can tell you already that there is one definite update coming to the list with Veil or Summer and potentially Shared Summons. More on that later.
5 months ago
I really like your deck my friend. You made me discover cards I didn't even know such as Land Grant and the whole deck seems competitively solid as much as fun. The only thing I would recommand is going around 37/38 lands.
Can you tell us about how the deck perform in your meta ?
6 months ago
Board wipes are death to strategies with Edric or Tymna therefore my advice is to include a lot of creatures/counterspells that can stop or slow down board wipes.
- Selfless Spirit
- Gaddock Teeg
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Mausoleum Wanderer
- Hope of Ghirapur : only stops one opponent from playing a board wipe.
- Arcane Denial
- Unified Will
- Pact of Negation
- Mana Leak
- Spell Pierce
- Heroic Intervention
Mystical Tutor is helpful to be able to tutor for a counterspell and then draw it thanks to Tymna or Edric. Worldly Tutor and Eladamri's Call are great to tutor for a hatebear to help stop a board wipe or any other creature. Diabolic Intent is a budget unconditional tutor that's good when playing a lot of little creatures. Creatures such as hatebears/mana dorks who don't have evasion can benefit from Wingcrafter . Mirror Entity is another mid/late game way to pump all 1 power fliers or unblockable creatures; nice with Tynma because she has lifelink and Throng because Entity EOT turns creatures into Rogues.
Notorious Throng in combination with Rogues is another potential powerful mid/late game card. Land Grant and Nature's Lore in combination with Shock lands (Pool, Garden, Tomb) can be very helpful when you're trying to keep the manabase land count low. Brainstorm , Ponder , Preordain , Serum Visions are other spells that help to let you keep the land count low, since they can help to find lands.
6 months ago
@mal099 Thank you for your suggestions! :)
Actually, I've never thought of using any of those "block me instead" kind of creatures. I put together this list thinking that I'd either win in the first three turns, or scoop, haha.
I'm fond of Seal of Strength because I don't need to enchant a creature, but I'll think about adding Briar Shield in. I thought about adding Phytoburst or even a single Become Immense but I feel that the trample from something like Predator's Strike would be much more flexible.
Oh, and Invigorate is in the Maybeboard because it isn't Pauper legal. I feel that if it was, then Infect would have pretty broken and consistent T2 wins. But certainly, Giant Growth would get dropped for those in casual play. ;D
No data for this card yet.