|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast a Sliver spell.
, : Put a 1/1 colorless Sliver creature token onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if you control a Sliver.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Kimimaro , xXThormentXx , Antiat , geazykagar , KipIsKosher , Nemesis , zachi , Famicomania , Boza , rebelteddybear , ibraJG84 , Justinaut , dplerner , NobleSlay3r , the.beanpole , Yawkcorb , FireRogue , TheRealPeaches , DudeMan1031 , mziter501|
|Want (3)||bradyofportdetroit , Turtlelover73 , Mousemke|
Sliver Hive Discussion
2 weeks ago
My thought was that you probably play at least one sliver per turn anyway (but I may be mistaken), in which case Unclaimed Territory guarantees that you have the right colors available to play those creatures and is always used to play creatures anyway, much like Sliver Hive and Cavern of Souls (that point could also be made about Ancient Ziggurat). In that case, the drawback of only producing colored mana for the purpose of casting creatures doesn't seem to be much of a drawback.
Furthermore Unclaimed Territory also produces colorless mana and can still be used to pay for the ability of Sliver Overlord or any other colorless mana-requirements. Therefore, at least in the case of Unclaimed Territory , it seems to do the job better than Gemstone Mine and the filterlands, since it produces all five colors of mana for your creatures, is mostly used to cast creatures or to pay for the ability of Sliver Overlord anyway and doesn't have a restricted lifespan.
That all depends on the premise though, that you play creatures/use Sliver Overlord fairly often. I agree that Exotic Orchard, Path of Ancestry and Ancient Ziggurat may cause some bumps in the early game that could be avoided with Gemstone Mine, although it seems like quite the drawback to me that it dies after three uses.
4 weeks ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Entrei: if i could afford the Cavern of Souls, i would take out Sliver Hive for them. unfortunately i can't use too many lands like that though since i'm also trying to cast Phantasmal Image and Collected Company.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Looks like your deck could use a little help. First I'd add sets of Sliver Hive and Unclaimed Territory to make your mana work a little easier. A set of Cavern of Souls would also help, but they're pretty expensive right now so I wouldn't fault you for not getting them. Next, I'd max out on 4-of the best slivers: Predatory Sliver, Manaweft Sliver, and I'd consider Sedge Sliver as well (you already have 4 Sinew Sliver, which is great!). Your 2x Spinneret Sliver and 2 of your Venom Slivers can be replaced with Galerider Sliver since flying is better than reach and lets your team get through more often. I'd cut the Diabolic Tutors since they're too slow for an aggressive deck like this and replace them with 2x Dismember and another Aether Vial if you can find one. If you really want the tutoring effect, 1 or 2 Homing Slivers would be better anyway.
If you'd like to see my Sliver deck, take a look here: Slivers beat Merfolk!
3 months ago
some thing to try to think about would be ramp and card draw to help make the deck more consistent, Distant Melody would be a fun card since you are tribal slivers. also to help with the land base try out Sliver Hive.
3 months ago
It certainly would work, though it does push slightly past the budget. That, Ancient Ziggurat, Thran Quarry and Sliver Hive will give you a lot of flexibility if you're willing to spend a few extra bucks on your mana base! Thanks for the suggestion!