When Soul-Guide Lantern enters the battlefield, exile target card from a graveyard.
, Sacrifice Soul-Guide Lantern: Exile each opponent's graveyard.
, , Sacrifice Soul-Guide Lantern: Draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Soul-Guide Lantern Discussion
1 month ago
I’m trying to finish up my Pioneer Prowess deck, I’m mostly looking to trade for the cheaper stuff, I plan to buy the Steam Vents and Spirebluff Canal s this Friday. Just trying to save a bit of money by trading for the smaller stuff.
I just copied my binder from a different trade site I’m more active on, unfortunately it didn’t copy over correct sets, so ask if your interested. I’ll try to get all the sets updated tonight/tomorrow.
What I’m looking for:
- 1x Riverglide Pathway Flip
- 1x Bedlam Reveler (prefer Eldritch Moon printing)
- 1x Aether Gust
- 1x Alpine Moon
- 1x Soul-Guide Lantern
- 2x Dive Down
- 2x Soul-Scar Mage
- 1x Wild Slash
- 1x Stormwing Entity
Edit: I also have a bunch of BFZ full-art lands.
1 month ago
Hot takes from a randomer who plays a lot of mill: Meta is pretty fast at the moment with decks like DS, UR aggro and heliod combo. Control is not doing well to keep those decks in check, so Mill has to adapt to become a little more aggressive with cheap spells to deal with them. Luckily, with the printing of the new crab and madenning cacaphony, this has become the natural progression.
So personally, I would consider the following. These are my own opinions based off of playing and seeing which decks are doing well.
- Shelldock Isle is awesome but too slow considering the number of 1 and 2 drops. Most people have stopped playing them. I run one max.
- Darkslick shores is very good, would run at least 2 (you can cut a couple islands or a swamp)
- Ensnaring bridge is sadly too slow. If you cut it you can run Lurrus in the sideboard which is really good when you run out of steam
- Inqui is not that good right now. By that I mean I'd rather be running pushes or drown. When the format becomes slower, I would consider running it, but not now.
- 2x push and 2x drown is not enough. I'd run a combination of at least 6. Which ones depend on your local meta. Generally it's more pushes, but drown has more versatility if you're struggling against combo decks.
- With this mana curve shift, you can go down to 20 - 22 lands.
- Also depending on your local meta, you can move a surgical to the sideboard.
- Sideboard looks quite old - I'm guessing you took it off Sqlut's guide :D a lot has changed since. Generally you need faster answers, like Soul-Guide Lantern , Mystical Dispute , Aether Gust , Bontu's Last Reckoning , Extirpate and of course Lurrus of the Dream-Den !
- Mission briefing is awesome and I love it. A lot of people would argue it's too slow, but I like it.
IMO the toughest part about a mill deck nowadays if finding the right balance of cards. We no longer are looking for cards to supplement our strategy, but finding which cards to cut! As you can tell by my points above, they're all very minor (except maybe the lurrus point). All these cards are powerful and awesome and you have a good deck here. It's just about adapting to the meta. From your deck here, it's going to be about 95% how you play, and 5% the minor adjustments.
Best of luck pal!
2 months ago
der Ansatz des Decks gefällt mir sehr gut. Jedoch ist im Sideboard, imo., noch Spielraum. Gerade gegen Decks die sich über abgeworfene Karten im Friedhof freuen könnte ich mir vorstellen statt nur über Surgical Extraction etwas breiter gegen den gegnerischen Friedhof vorzugehen. Ich denke drei Nihil Spellbomb oder drei Soul-Guide Lantern sind Karten die das Deck benötigt. Auch würde ich eine Fracture gegen eine Engineered Explosives austauschen. Ebenso wie eine Wildfire gegen eine Kolaghan's Command . Ich hoffe das hilft weiter. :)
2 months ago
Hey MrNoodlesworth, I just picked up a Professor Onyx , I’m going to give her a shot. Instead of dropping Soul-Guide Lantern , I was contemplating dropping Painful Quandary because lately I’ve drawn it and been unable to cast it, but it has helped in the past. I’m hesitant to add Onyx (6CMC) without dropping another high CMC card (like you said, it’s a big hit with Ad Naus). The Lantern is a cheap one-sided 2-for-1 graveyard hater/card-drawer and brings down CMC, so I don’t really want to cut it. What are your thoughts about that?
Anyone else have any experience with Onyx?
2 months ago
Thanks for the comment and compliment.
This is a that is more interesting GPC (Gyruda, no Islands).
And this deck is my current Pride and joy Vorinzoo.
2 months ago
Interesting looking deck you have there. May want to consider trading the one of Spare Supplies for Soul-Guide Lantern . This will give you a graveyard hate card that can be sacrificed for card draw, that can be brought back with your Lurrus of the Dream-Den for repeatable grave hate/draw.
3 months ago
Great deck with enough ramp. I'd suggest bringing in two more card draw options as well as two more targeted removal.
Both seem very slow when you have much better options. And the sword is legendary which does not work with your commander.
These cards serve a double purpose for card-draw and removal.
3 months ago
Wow, what a deck, very creative. I would probably buy it. . . except for the three Mana Confluences, very questionable. I'm assuming that is for blue mana, honestly, just run an Izzet Guildgate instead. This is very good but lacks win conditions, I have some notable suggestions below:) Suggestions:(at least consider sideboarding) Colossification + Fling (will usually seem suspicious in a gruul w a lil blue deck, so wait for your opponents to tap out, and if you want to take it even further Unleash Fury ) Brash Taunter + Unleash Fury or Brash Taunter + Star of Extinction add some counterspells maybe? Dissolve or Cancel Guttersnipe + Dictate of the Twin Gods (note: if you really wanna go crazy, throw in some Shock s, you're paying 1 for four damage lol) Finally, always reccomend Soul-Guide Lantern , pioneer players are mean and very often try to recast from the graveyards, as you will run into a lot more dreadhorde archanists probably, in black decks which is even more scary, given some of the spells they could play.
So that's all i got, like I said, i like the idea of this deck, just take these into consideration:) aslo, if you put Colossification on your Dreadhorde Archanist, essentially you can cast any instant or sorcery spell you want lol