Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Test of Endurance
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 50 or more life, you win the game.
1 month ago
First, I keep forgetting to mention that you are at 101 cards, so you will need to cut a card. On to the cards I wanted you to keep in mind...
2 months ago
- Opposition Agent is a possibly and suitably oppressive card, particularly with tutoring and fetching running rampant. Great fun.
- Raffine's Tower is a fetchable tri-land, which is great early game for color correction.
- Imperial Seal has been reprinted, so it's an extra cheap tutor that might be handy.
- Counterbalance can be delightfully obnoxious, and while it's combo potential with Sensei's Divining Top, you do have Soothsaying as an alternate option. It's countermagic, but it's exceptionally repeatable. Also, in terms of countermagic- and control-like things, I'd say to go for things with benefits, like Commandeer, Desertion, Vindicate (which I say is a must in those colors), Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift, Sunder, The Meathook Massacre...
- Dream Trawler might be pricey, but it's also very obnoxious to face. You could also think, in terms of creatures and creature-generation, about Sigil of the Empty Throne, Heliod, the Radiant Dawn Flip, Field of the Dead...
- Felidar Sovereign is another alternate win with fewer life required than the Test of Endurance, though Aetherflux Reservoir can be another fun way to ensure your life shoots sky-high and gives you ammo to destroy things. I'm also partial to Kokusho, the Evening Star in any black deck.
- A fun (but slow) way to swipe creatures is Athreos, Shroud-Veiled. Great fun, and it's fairly hard for opponents to deal with if it's not a creature.
4 months ago
This is a good start, you have some really nice lifegain synergies going. It doesn't really seem like a card draw deck to me, though. It leans more towards the lifegain world of Aetherflux Reservoir than to the U/B world of card draw. There are a lot of black cards that exchange life for cards; if you want card draw, you should get a Graveborn Muse leave the Reservoir behind.
If you go the true lifegain route, you might add transmute effects for tutors, like Clutch of the Undercity or Dimir House Guard. And another good wincon could be Celestial Convergence + Solemnity. And Test of Endurance. Though those will require more counters/protection than you have right now.
I have learned from experience that strategies that ping your opponents for one or two life every turn get you killed very quickly, because they make you stand out even when you're doing very little. So things like Drana's Emissary are kinda dangerous.
One final bit of overarching advice -- since this is a 3-color deck, I suggest staying away from cards that require a lot of one kind of mana. Particularly lots of black mana, like Underworld Dreams or Peer into the Abyss, since this deck is heavily U/W right now.
Okay, now some slightly more nitpicky things about card choices:
Since the Mages only seem to fetch mana rocks at this point, might you switch them out with myrs? Like Alloy Myr.
Again, this is quite good, just needs a bit of focusing towards the endgame. All the nitty-gritty of the mana curve and stuff you'll work out in playtesting, and what you have so far is workable.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Metroid_Hybrid, Test of Endurance is a good card, and the redundancy with Felidar Sovereign would be very nice, but I could not find room for it, in this deck, so I chose the sovereign; actually, there were quite a number of cards that I would like to have put in this deck, but was not able to do so, as I mentioned in the opening post, so I needed to make the difficult decisions of which card to include and which to exclude.
6 months ago
8 months ago
If your main focus is lifegain, you can pretty easily win with lifegain alone using Test of Endurance, Felidar Sovereign, or Celestial Convergence - all three are very high-priority targets that need to survive a turn rotation, but Oloro can pretty easily bolster your life total enough and you have the counter magic to protect them (and if Convergence takes too long, something like Vampire Hexmage or Hex Parasite can skip the 7 turn clock). Or, if you want to focus more primarily on Aetherflux, you could use Sydri, Galvanic Genius to animate it and give it lifelink to make it game-winning at 51 life rather than 151.
9 months ago
If you're interested in alternative win conditions, Test of Endurance should be easy to achieve.