Creature — Elf Druid
When Elvish Rejuvenator enters the battlefield, look at the top five cards of your library. You may put a land card from among them onto the battlefield tapped. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
|Have (2)||abritt , OneRedHex|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Elvish Rejuvenator Discussion
6 days ago
2 months ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
8 months ago
Cut the basic lands. Add pretty much any non basic in their place. This will let you mill your entire library with Hermit Druid. If you have Muldrotha out you then cast Thassa's Oracle from your yard to win the game. Or, with 3 creatures on board, you can flash back Dread Return.
A copy of Phyrexian Delver will let you form a back up hulk pile around the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Walking Ballista combo by using Protean Hulk to find Delver and Viscera Seer, using the delver to bring back Hulk, sacking hulk to seer, and finding Mikaeus and ballista.
As for non combo related additions, Nihil Spellbomb is pretty much a strictly better version of Soul-Guide Lantern in this deck where you can recur them. Your only playing 9 peices of ramp in the deck with a 6 mana commander that seems to be your main value engine. I would recommend adding more with cards like Millikin and Deranged Assistant.Also run Simic Signet and the talismans in your colors like Talisman of Curiosity. ETB effects like Wood Elves and Elvish Rejuvenator may also be good. Your in green so mana dorks are very good. Elves of Deep Shadow and Arbor Elf in particular. Expedition Map may be worth playing due to your ability to recur it and find any land you want to your hand.
At 6 mana you also have to be able to protect your commander once she hits the board to keep from getting blown out. You have a few cards that do this already but Voidmage Prodigy is a very versatile card that can sacrifice itself and be recurred. Swiftfoot Boots is also a good effect for this.
As for general cuts, Avenger of Zendikar, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat, Tombstone Stairwell don't help you get to your combos faster, don't slow down your opponenets, and arent involved in any combos I can see myself. While Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat can be used as replacements for Disciple of the Vault in your persit combo, they can't be included in the hulk pile and don't contribute to any of your other combos.
I don't think you need 3 edict creatures in the deck so maybe cut Merciless Executioner. If you find you need that density than keep it but its going to kind of be a dead card if you can cast one of the others from your graveyard already.
I generally want my removal to actually get rid of the thing in EDH though it is worth noting you can use these effects to bounce your own commander to save it if need be. Aether Spellbomb and Seal of Removal are possible cuts but not neccessarilly. Recommend something like Shriekmaw or Executioner's Capsule if you do feel like removing it. Beast Within is also a good card, even if it doesn't synergize extremely well with your commander.
9 months ago
Some upgrades, things to look for and think about:
First, your commander Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait wants you to play lands and draw cards. Anything you can change towards that theme will help your deck run better. Also, there's some "sub-optimal" choices that could be upgraded for other things, some of which may have come with other commander precons, are really cheap, etc. Lastly, it looks like your paper version here has some token and +1/+1 counters sub-themes, which I'd bet would make your deck less focused, leading to more random things going on or you not being able to execute a game plan consistently.
So, with all that in mind, I would suggest some of the following changes, and my reasoning behind them:
If you can get your hands on a Scute Swarm, you'll have some awesome token stuff to go on.
Also, if you can get your hands on a Tatyova, Benthic Druid, you'll have some redundancy and not have to rely solely upon your commander (for when it's died too many times, or you don't have the extra lands / fetch to keep your commander chugging along.
Ghost Town is a cheaper land that will let you pick it up on opponents turns, so you'll always have at least one land to play on your turn.
You might want to change some other bodies like Ornery Dilophosaur and Wren's Run Hydra for bodies that fetch lands like Wood Elves, Farhaven Elf, or others like it (like Elvish Rejuvenator and Springbloom Druid). This will give you blockers earlier, help you ramp, and make use of your commander later in the game too.
You could possibly upgrade your land base a little (in case you find yourself without the right colors often enough?). Some include Breeding Pool (which is on the $$ side), Hinterland Harbor, Rejuvenating Springs, Command Tower, and maybe a few more.
Hopefully this helps with how you think about your deck, some choices of cards, what you ultimately want the deck to do, and things to look for. Let me know if you have questions on choices or anything else.
1 year ago
I just wanted to point out, unfortunately you can't use Rhys the Redeemed because of the hybrid mana symbol. Your commander would need white in it's color identity. If you need a replacement for now, I would add back in one of the cards that lets you put an Elf Warrior token into play for each Elf you control. Honestly, I'd put both back in. Elvish Promenade Elven Ambush .
As far as cuts, I would go with Pride of the Perfect End-Raze Forerunners Elven Bow Tergrid's Shadow Cultivator of Blades Voice of the Woods Twinblade Assassins You can easily replace Elvish Rejuvenator with Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf
I have only recently built myself a Lathril deck. Good luck with this! It's really fun to play.
1 year ago
I’d drop some of the more expensive tap ETB effect such as Frost Titan or Icefall Regent , as well as Sakura-Tribe Elder and Cultivate . In their place, you could add more creatures with ETB ramp effects (especially if you want to run such few lands).
Last thing i’d suggest is raising lands to 32-33. I’m notorious for playing few lands compared to other people, but this deck needs more low cost ramp and card draw to make that viable.
Hope this was helpful. Have fun!
1 year ago
1 year ago
You might like these: Cabal Coffers , Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth , Deserted Temple , Stone-Seeder Hierophant , Ephemerate , Cloudshift , Elvish Rejuvenator , Animist's Awakening , Lotus Cobra , Ramos, Dragon Engine