Creature — Elf Knight
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other white creatures you control get +1/+1.
If a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard Wilt-Leaf Liege, put it into play instead of putting it into your graveyard.
|Want (3)||Dykle_ , ratatattat , michaelkik|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wilt-Leaf Liege occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Wilt-Leaf Liege Discussion
1 week ago
the problem with Wilt-Leaf Liege and CoCo is the 4 drop issue. Playing both cards means that you have a lot of high cost cards for modern. CoCo is a really good card, and would also allow for Eternal Witness . There's also Gavony Township and Stirring Wildwood as lands to help you against flooding. I would personally play CoCo and trim on the lieges. CoCo also helps you find sideboard creatures for different matchups. I would personally also consider Knight of the Reliquary , which of course works best with fetchlands, but can still be used to find utility lands.
3 months ago
@ jesmister ... "just some creatures that don't have too much value"
- Kitchen Finks = one of the best value cards out there
- Wilt-Leaf Liege = gives just about all my creatures +2/+2 while also being a 4/4 with discard protection? solid.
- Dryad Militant = graveyard hate and solid aggro value at 1 CMC
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord = get a 1/1 creature w/ lifelink every time she taps? yes please
- Qasali Pridemage = exalted, enchantment/artifact hate ability which always comes in handy
- Voice of Resurgence = restricts opponents on my turn, comes back as a creature (usually much bigger)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar = great card to get out on turn 3, helps restrict opponent in the early game
- Scavenging Ooze = more graveyard hate, lifegain, gets big
- Knight of the Reliquary = mana fixer, gets big
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben = nuff said
- Knight of Autumn = great utility card
- Rancor = one of the best 1-drop auras in the game
- Path to Exile = arguably the best value-kill spell in the game
- Fleecemane Lion = doesn't wow, but 3/3 for 2 CMC with a late-game ability that gets full +2/+2 buff is solid
I've play-tested with other cards like Eternal Witness , Collected Company , Loxodon Smiter , and Birds of Paradise just to name a few, but currently am content with where this deck is at and how it fares in competition.
If you can't see any sort of value in this deck I'd recommend getting your eyes checked, or at least turning your brain on before posting another clueless comment like that :)
4 months ago
I've seen Qasali Ambusher do some crazy stuff before. The card is better than most would give it credit for, even in a format like modern (especially now, when the format is much more creature-centric and a bit slower).
Anyway, one thing I wanted to point out is that I used to play fair GW aggro/company lists a few years back (when the format was kinda in a similar spot, just without stoneforge and wrenn&sixx..) and I always found this little card - Shield of the Oversoul - to actually be good much of the time. I went from playing 1 just for shits to nearly always having one in those types of decks. I am well aware of the reasons against playing such cards (2-for-1's etc), but I dunno...THAT card always impressed me, esp in GW decks with lords like Wilt-Leaf Liege . I really loved putting it on a Voice of Resurgence or Liege. :)
Dromoka's Command is another card I always tried to fit in as a 1-of, but that's a more replace-able effect I guess (although it's versatility in these decks is great, esp when you consider it's a "counterspell" vs targeted or even aoe burn spells, w/ upside). Burrenton Forge-Tender is also nice to have in the board for those pesky red spells/decks.
Btw, may I ask why you are not using Noble Hierarch instead of the Birds? I find Hierarch to be one of the best creatures in the game, with that exalted ability being more meaningful on her than any other exalted creature. I realize she adds a huge amount to the cost of the deck, though. Cavern of Souls is another obvious one to me, but it poses the same problem as Hierarch...
5 months ago
I'm just gonna talk about the cards in the maybe board.
- Growing Ranks is bad. It's a much to slow card with very small rewards.
- Squirrel Nest is also slow and bad, unless you pair it up with Earthcraft .
- Chord of Calling is really good. You can use it in so many ways. Like a toolbox card.
- Heroic Intervention is really good.
- Smothering Tithe also really good.
- Planar Cleansing isn't that good. It's hard to cast and it has 3 white in its casting cost.
- Illusionist's Bracers to slow
- Selfless Spirit is what a token deck needs. It good when paired up with your own board wipe or get it with Chord of Calling in a pinch when getting wiped.
all of the un mentioned cards are just meh in a token deck.
As a deck as a whole. What you got looks good there isn't much I would change. It looks good.
Cards I would maybe change for better ones are
- Mycoloth , if you go to big with this card it's likely to get killed and all you've managed to do was kill all your creatures.
- Emmara Tandris 7 mana is a lot for a card that does not make any tokens and only cares about tokens. Of times you'll play this card it will be the only thing you do that turn leaving you with no responses for removal.
- Wilt-Leaf Liege although it's easy to cast I doesn't ad much to the token deck. This would be better as Triumph of the Hordes .
- Trostani Discordant is only just okay. If creature theft is a thing in your meta then keep it. Otherwise add Homeward Path and if it's for the tokens and the buff there is better stuff for that.
For more token deck tech ideas check out my token deck. I've been working on it for over 5 yrs now.
5 months ago
Also consider putting Kitchen Finks main.
5 months ago
Have you thought about running Gavony Township ? it's a bit slow but can close out games.
5 months ago
First of all, I would replace Angelic Gift With either Gryff's Boon or Rancor , just like you said in the description. Why? Because Rampage of the Clans would destroy it, and it gets returned to your hand/battlefield whatsoever. Then, I would highly recommend a few copies of Collected Company , since it can be cast in an opponent's turn. Did it occur to you that red als also some great centaurs? For example, Burning-Tree Shaman , Stonebrow, Krosan Hero , Nikya of the Old Ways and Fanatic of Xenagos . Utopia Sprawl is in my opinion better than Verdant Haven . Then there's Conclave Cavalier , which is totally bonkers, although that strategy would not be effective when running Collected Company . Rosemane Centaur is also a good addition, but mainly if you run lower CMC creatures. And even though Genesis is not a centaur, flavourwise it would be a nice addition to this list. Maybe one copy of Fated Intervention for some instant-speed pressure. Tribalwise, I would highly recommend Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton to replace the Stoneforge Masterwork , and you can even sacrifice them to Rampage of the Clans , for more value/pressure. Maybe a Mirror Entity to boost your crew in mid/lategame? If your having trouble getting the right creatures at the right time, maybe Eladamri's Call would be a nice tutor in this list. For fun, I would maybe even run a copy of Descendants' Path . You could also add some artifacts that suit nicely in any tribal deck. Think of cards like Icon of Ancestry , Obelisk of Urd , Bow of Nylea , Eldrazi Monument or maybe even Coat of Arms . Maybe even add a Selesnya Signet for fixing. All artifacts which you can even sacrifice to Rampage of the Clans . Also consider some Changelings, since they're basically just Centaurs... Chameleon Colossus . You could also add Oath of the Ancient Wood , if you're planning on running this amount of enchantments/auras. Then there's lands. I realize you want to keep this list budget, that's ok, in your case I would still run several Canopy Vista , Fortified Village , Temple of Plenty , Mutavault (which is a centaur), or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood . Chronicler of Heroes goes nicely with Lagonna-Band Trailblazer . Centaur Omenreader is also a pretty solid card by simple making your creatures cost 2 less when it's tapped. You also need cardadvantage. Think of cards like Harmonize . Also, in this meta, you'll need some hard removal. Think of cards like Dismember , Path to Exile , Generous Gift or Beast Within . You can also consider some allround lords and anthem effects. Maybe cards like Wilt-Leaf Liege , Always Watching , Glorious Anthem , Gaea's Anthem , Radiant Destiny , Hall of Triumph , Force of Virtue , Beastmaster Ascension or Collective Blessing . Maybe even a Song of Freyalise ? Yet again, all cards you can eventually sacrifice for Rampage of the Clans . You could even add some retrieval in this list, think of cards like Noxious Revival , Regrowth or Eternal Witness . Sideboard wise, I would highly recommend cards like Rest in Peace , Stony Silence , Dryad Militant , Krosan Grip , Damping Sphere , Grafdigger's Cage , Leyline of Sanctity .
This is it for now. When anything relevant comes up, I will let you know.
Keep up the good work.