Creature — Elf Knight
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other white creatures you control get +1/+1.
If a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard Wilt-Leaf Liege, put it into play instead of putting it into your graveyard.
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wilt-Leaf Liege occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Wilt-Leaf Liege Discussion
3 months ago
SmokyDart13, I've thought about adding Wilt-Leaf Liege as a replacement, it definitely has it's benefits, as not all tokens are 1/1. But at the same time, most of them in this deck are, making that extra counter very useful for the mono colored tokens. I'm not too overly worried about the other creatures having the counters. But It's still something I'm considering.
4 months ago
Memphismaymagic5 I tested both mana dorks and Loxodon Smiter for long time. Mana dorks just never felt good to me for some reason; Loxodon Smiter on the other hand was an auto 4x in the deck until Knight of Autumn got released. Being uncounterable is nice but in most games it just felt like Smiter could do nothing except being chumped or killed without getting any value from it. When Knight of Autumn is bad, they are the same level of bad; in every other case Knight of Autumn is always just better.
I could run Smiter instead of Dauntless Escort but having the anti-wrath effect in the main deck severely helps against certain matchups.
5 months ago
the problem with Wilt-Leaf Liege and CoCo is the 4 drop issue. Playing both cards means that you have a lot of high cost cards for modern. CoCo is a really good card, and would also allow for Eternal Witness . There's also Gavony Township and Stirring Wildwood as lands to help you against flooding. I would personally play CoCo and trim on the lieges. CoCo also helps you find sideboard creatures for different matchups. I would personally also consider Knight of the Reliquary , which of course works best with fetchlands, but can still be used to find utility lands.
9 months ago
@ jesmister ... "just some creatures that don't have too much value"
- Kitchen Finks = one of the best value cards out there
- Wilt-Leaf Liege = gives just about all my creatures +2/+2 while also being a 4/4 with discard protection? solid.
- Dryad Militant = graveyard hate and solid aggro value at 1 CMC
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord = get a 1/1 creature w/ lifelink every time she taps? yes please
- Qasali Pridemage = exalted, enchantment/artifact hate ability which always comes in handy
- Voice of Resurgence = restricts opponents on my turn, comes back as a creature (usually much bigger)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar = great card to get out on turn 3, helps restrict opponent in the early game
- Scavenging Ooze = more graveyard hate, lifegain, gets big
- Knight of the Reliquary = mana fixer, gets big
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben = nuff said
- Knight of Autumn = great utility card
- Rancor = one of the best 1-drop auras in the game
- Path to Exile = arguably the best value-kill spell in the game
- Fleecemane Lion = doesn't wow, but 3/3 for 2 CMC with a late-game ability that gets full +2/+2 buff is solid
I've play-tested with other cards like Eternal Witness , Collected Company , Loxodon Smiter , and Birds of Paradise just to name a few, but currently am content with where this deck is at and how it fares in competition.
If you can't see any sort of value in this deck I'd recommend getting your eyes checked, or at least turning your brain on before posting another clueless comment like that :)
9 months ago
I've seen Qasali Ambusher do some crazy stuff before. The card is better than most would give it credit for, even in a format like modern (especially now, when the format is much more creature-centric and a bit slower).
Anyway, one thing I wanted to point out is that I used to play fair GW aggro/company lists a few years back (when the format was kinda in a similar spot, just without stoneforge and wrenn&sixx..) and I always found this little card - Shield of the Oversoul - to actually be good much of the time. I went from playing 1 just for shits to nearly always having one in those types of decks. I am well aware of the reasons against playing such cards (2-for-1's etc), but I dunno...THAT card always impressed me, esp in GW decks with lords like Wilt-Leaf Liege . I really loved putting it on a Voice of Resurgence or Liege. :)
Dromoka's Command is another card I always tried to fit in as a 1-of, but that's a more replace-able effect I guess (although it's versatility in these decks is great, esp when you consider it's a "counterspell" vs targeted or even aoe burn spells, w/ upside). Burrenton Forge-Tender is also nice to have in the board for those pesky red spells/decks.
Btw, may I ask why you are not using Noble Hierarch instead of the Birds? I find Hierarch to be one of the best creatures in the game, with that exalted ability being more meaningful on her than any other exalted creature. I realize she adds a huge amount to the cost of the deck, though. Cavern of Souls is another obvious one to me, but it poses the same problem as Hierarch...
10 months ago
I'm just gonna talk about the cards in the maybe board.
- Growing Ranks is bad. It's a much to slow card with very small rewards.
- Squirrel Nest is also slow and bad, unless you pair it up with Earthcraft .
- Chord of Calling is really good. You can use it in so many ways. Like a toolbox card.
- Heroic Intervention is really good.
- Smothering Tithe also really good.
- Planar Cleansing isn't that good. It's hard to cast and it has 3 white in its casting cost.
- Illusionist's Bracers to slow
- Selfless Spirit is what a token deck needs. It good when paired up with your own board wipe or get it with Chord of Calling in a pinch when getting wiped.
all of the un mentioned cards are just meh in a token deck.
As a deck as a whole. What you got looks good there isn't much I would change. It looks good.
Cards I would maybe change for better ones are
- Mycoloth , if you go to big with this card it's likely to get killed and all you've managed to do was kill all your creatures.
- Emmara Tandris 7 mana is a lot for a card that does not make any tokens and only cares about tokens. Of times you'll play this card it will be the only thing you do that turn leaving you with no responses for removal.
- Wilt-Leaf Liege although it's easy to cast I doesn't ad much to the token deck. This would be better as Triumph of the Hordes .
- Trostani Discordant is only just okay. If creature theft is a thing in your meta then keep it. Otherwise add Homeward Path and if it's for the tokens and the buff there is better stuff for that.
For more token deck tech ideas check out my token deck. I've been working on it for over 5 yrs now.
11 months ago
Also consider putting Kitchen Finks main.
11 months ago
Have you thought about running Gavony Township ? it's a bit slow but can close out games.