|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Plant Wall
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
Tap: Add (Green) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Vine Trellis Discussion
2 weeks ago
The first thing that stands out is that the ratios for this deck lean very heavily towards single use, non-repeatable effects. There should probably be a bit more land (I'd aim for at least 36 or so), and a few of the cheap fetch lands would go a long way. While you have some token generators, some additional creatures would probably help as well. Think of it this way: late in the game with no cards in hand, how big of an impact will the card have? If you can include a card with more than one use, the chances go up.
TL;DR I would cut some of the limited focus instants and sorceries for some additional land and some creatures/artifacts that still move towards your theme.
Some Suggestions on what to add:
My suggestions on what to remove:
Land: 1 Forest, 1 Plains (2)
1 month ago
Maybe swap out Timber Protector since you don't run an overwhelmingly tribal list here? Also Night's Whisper. You could run Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares over Unmake, as well, or a Anguished Unmaking. Cystbearer might be too vanilla a 2/3 at its rate to fit with your other high-toughness creatures. Not sure Oketra the True has enough upside for this particular deck, either. Sylvan Caryatid seems not so great because of Defender. Same with Vine Trellis and Wall of Tanglecord.
1 month ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.
3 months ago
Hey there! Cool deck you have here! Have you considered Wall of Blossoms instead of Vine Trellis? I don't think you'll have a problem making mana, and the extra card draw to find your Assault Formation can be huge.
4 months ago
I think you would benefit from streamlining the deck by having fewer one-ofs, so here's some suggestions:
98% of the time Rancor is strictly better than Unnatural Predation, and since it was a common back in Urza's Legacy it's Pauper legal. You might also want to add a third Rancor instead of Wildsize as it is cheaper.
7 months ago
Wall of Tanglecord isn't really needed. I can understand a fear of fliers, but I feel that it could be better suited to something else. Maybe another wurm, like Wurmcoil Engine, or a wall that provides mana, like Vine Trellis. I'd recommend Whip Vine, but unfortunately it's not modern legal! Good luck with your deck!
8 months ago
Thank you for your suggestions.
Personally I believe Wall of Roots is by far better than Vine Trellis, because you can generate mana the turn it's played rather that having to wait to use it due to summoning sickness. However, Vine Trellis would be a good alternative if I were to go an ultra budget route.
I've always found Assault Formation to be a bit underwhelming. I want to like it, and I think it would be cool to combo with something like Behind the Scenes to make all of my walls unblockable. It's something I'll think about, but at the moment I don't see it having a place in this deck. I will probably put together a decklist consisting purely of defenders and utilize that combo.
Carven Caryatid is nice, but I don't know what I would take out for it and since I run 36 creatures in here I feel as if Lead the Stampede is a better draw engine since I often find myself putting three to four creatures into my hand consistently from it to assemble a win condition.
Sylvan Caryatid is definitely something I will consider when I eventually work on a sideboard.
8 months ago
I love wall ramps, my suggestions are as follows:
Add Assault Formation. This card is a cornerstone for Wall/Defender decks and is a must include IMO.