|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy all creatures target player controls. For each creature put into a graveyard this way, put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens into play under that player's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mogg Infestation Discussion
1 week ago
Top Ditches: (no order)
Ajani Goldmane-Focus on the Elspeths
Shrine of Loyal Legions-takes too long to go anywhere
Mogg Infestation-Just feels weak
World at War-Don't overdo the combat tricks
Mentor of the Meek-Checked the oracle text. If you have a static +X/+X effect mentor won't trigger
Thalia's Lancers-Good not great and you aren't playing Legendary.deck
Urabrask the Hidden-Again good not great
Angel of Serenity-You have Reya and Sun Titan to do this
White Sun's Zenith-On the boarder about this one. It is good and maybe even great but can be iffy.
1 month ago
Hi there. Firstly, go goblins! Hmm... So much to recommend. From the top of my head:
Mogg Infestation- doubles your goblin count
Goblin Warrens- goblins for goblins
Quest for the Goblin Lord- a cheaper anthem to boost your creatures
Shared Animosity- huge boost to combat damage
Myriad Landscape- only land I could think of at the moment for non basic land
On a sidenote, you may want to think about one of red decks greatest weakness: draw power.
1 month ago
I'm outta here! goodluck
1 month ago
Hey, maddoxmtg. I'm kind of with Hybrow on this. Emrakul's Hatcher is a good card to have in this deck, at least for the ETB effect to add tokens. Hmm, those two goblin-mana ramp cards are great if I do add Pentavus...
Hybrow, I'm probably not going to add Pentavus in the deck. Simply for the fact that i already have a good amount of token creatures. Also, if I add that card, I'd have to replace a card of about equal mana, and that would be replacing my ETB draw power dragon. However, I have added your recommendation to the description in the "modest budget" section, because it's a great card. Hellion Eruption is a great card, but I decided against that a while ago. Mogg Infestation and Descent of the Dragons are the mass creature transformation I stuck with in the end.
Hey, DrValium. Fiery Gambit is a pretty interesting card. Straight up damage if I feel lucky. Hmm, I don't think I would be able to use this card. The only gambling I would consider in this deck is Gamble and that's a scary card too. Honesty, the whole deck is a pretty fun gamble, not really an opportunity to tutor for that card you need and all.
Thank you guys. Good thoughts, Good advices, and a great way for me to start the day.
1 month ago
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle can be cut i think. Think over the games you've played, when was the last time you wanted to draw 7 lands, and how often do you need to deal 3 damage to something that you keep a CIPT land in your combo/aggro deck? Another mountain could do well
Goblin Wardriver is this strong enough?
Goblin Gardener not strong enough?
Lightning Crafter this card is another infininte combo with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. have kiki in play, another goblin and a sac outlet. play lightning crafter, champion the random goblin, then have kiki copy the crafter.the token champions kiki, taps to do 3, then you sac the token. Kiki comes back into play untapped and ready to do it again.The cool part about the combo is that you can search it all from Goblin Recruiter.
Breath of Fury is a cool card i've had success with when i had my Krenko deck up and running. you need at least one opponent to have no blockers, a mass haste outlet, one goblin and krenko on the field. enchant the random goblin with Breath of Fury, attack the player with no creatures with just that creature. when it connects and triggers, tap krenko to make 2 tokens, sac the creature with the enchantment and attach to one of the new tokens. repeat until you have a large enough army to kill each player.
Brightstone Ritual could led to explosive turns
also I'm not conviced on Extraplanar Lens, you're not a big mana deck so strip mine'ing a land to get more mana dosen't seem worth it.
Gamble might be something to look into as well. Just be aware that it's a gamble!
Mogg Infestation is interesting, what are you mostly doing with this? Targeting youself with Purphoros, God of the Forge out? Targeting an oppopent with Goblin Sharpshooter out? another 2 card combo you can't tutor for?
1 month ago
Thanks for he response!
I was running Sek'kuar largely for access to things like Beastmaster Ascension, Triumph of the Hordes, Fecundity, Bow of Nylea, and Descendants' Path- all things that pair nicely with a goblin tribal. Genesis Wave could be a beast especially if it hits Goblin Warchief/Goblin Chieftain. Goblins love to sac other goblins as well lol and buff each other. So Sek'kuar is largely a protection against boardwipes (how did I forget to add Mogg Infestation?) with the added bonus of adding to his own cannon fodder.
2 months ago
Great Primer! As a fellow Krenko player, I can personally attest to how much fun he is to play. I just wanted to point out that your Mogg Infestation + Purphoros, God of the Forge interaction is incorrect. Mogg Infestation gives Target Player or in the example you provided, your opponent the tokens. Purphoros only triggers on creatures that enter your battlefield, so you would have to use Mogg Infestation on yourself to do obscene amounts of damage.
2 months ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .