Creature — Goblin Warrior Ally
Surge (You may cast this spell for its surge cost if you or a teammate has cast another spell this turn.)
When Reckless Bushwhacker enters the battlefield, if its surge cost was paid, other creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain haste until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reckless Bushwhacker occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Reckless Bushwhacker Discussion
2 months ago
2 months ago
Cavern of Souls: cannot pay for bolt or grenade. you really need 100% of your lands to tap for red mana or the consistency of the deck is hit hard. not being able to be hit by counter magic isn’t that much of an upside because if the opponent is playing counter magic the matchup is likely already good fo us.
Goblin Chieftain: chieftain costs 3 mana for one card that is super susceptible to removal. the whole premise of the deck is “no lords 8 whack” which means you will always be pumping out damage and not give the opponent one target that can ruin you (the one exception being Goblin Piledriver but it has such a huge upside with way less investment and if it’s removed it’s not the end of the world). if you take Reckless Bushwhacker out of the deck it falls apart. unfortunately that one card choice is not personal preference it’s just too core to the deck. some people do still decide to run chieftain but you cannot take out reckless bushwhacker for it.
Shared Animosity: is definitely worth testing 3 mana might be a bit much but the potential of the card is high.
Mogg War Marshal: saying war marshal is 10000x better than Krenkos Comand and Dragon Fodder would be an understatement. you can sac him to grenade without going down a goblin. you can sac him to Skirk Prospector for extra mana he gives Foundry Street Denizen 3 power of the course of the game. It itself is a goblin so you can play it off the top of the library with snoop. It does many other things but these are just a few that spring to mind. you almost never pay the echo and you can just give the summoning sick goblin haste with your bushwhackers.
2 months ago
Cavern of Souls Protects against counters from blue. With the number of creatures in this deck, this should be a high priority!
Lastly, being creature heavy, I understand Mogg War Marshal, but Dragon Fodder or Krenko's Command offer the same number of creatures, and power, but you get to keep both creatures without ever having to pay additional mana.
4 months ago
I played a similar deck using spare cards from a family friend's collection, and it is good!
6 months ago
Have you thought of Captain Lannery Storm? It seems like a really good aggresive creature for the deck. Also, i dont think rig crew is worth running in the deck, since this seems like a really aggressive deck and 3 mana for those stats are really not worth it. Maybe something like Goblin Instigator to make tokens and trigger impact tremors. Its much more aggressive and cheaper. Reckless Bushwhacker might be a really good finisher for the deck because of how wide it goes.
6 months ago
7 months ago
Hey dude thanks for the feedback! i really like Icon of Ancestrywill add it, the goblin digging of it is really neat...Kaervek's Torch is cool cause the extra 2 mana for counter! add it!...i dont like Stoke the Flames cause if goblins arent being sac´d theyll be attacking :S I do realize that Krenko is gonna have a bullseye in his head so i did put some haste givers like Fervor, Swiftfoot Boots,Goblin Bushwhacker, Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Warchief and Reckless Bushwhacker....i didnt add Lightning Greaves cause of the tag price, its a bit high and im trying to make this deck as cheap as possible!
7 months ago
- Lightning greaves is a card to use or or you use something like momentrary blink. You get an etb and the orginal target no longer exists which means the spell fizzles. If you want it on an elemental creature: Flickerwisp.
- The downside to greaves its an artifact that does nothing turn 2. Artifact hate is easy to come by in green, red, (white), and in its own way blue. The match ups where it comes into play like jund will be able to get these affects no problem. equipping is also sorcery speed, so even if they cant remove the artifact they can wait for a target, or for you to cast a spell and now your out of luck.
- the goal is to cast Smokebraider and then activate it soon. Say you play it turn 2 and you can activate it turn 3. Well if you cast greaves turn 2 then you have to wait till turn 3 to cast Smokebraider, leaving you in the same spot.
- Clout of the Dominus might be better than boots for you.
- Reckless Bushwhacker is a source of hast you already have. I dont see a way to speed the deck up faster although itd be nice. It might not be even necessary being you can just keep bring back maw every turn.