|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins (DDT)||Common|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Foundry Street Denizen
Creature — Goblin Warrior
Whenever another red creature enters the battlefield under your control, Foundry Street Denizen gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Foundry Street Denizen Discussion
2 months ago
I agree with hungry000, and also suggest
For a goblin deck, you are missing 1 drops and have too many 3 CMC cards.
3 months ago
Nice deck. +1 from me. Some nice additions for your deck could be:
- Arms Dealer
- Foundry Street Denizen
- Mogg War Marshal
- Ogre Battledriver
- Reckless Bushwhacker
- Reckless One
- Voracious Dragon
- Burn at the Stake
- Mogg Alarm
- Massive Raid
- Obsidian Battle-Axe (Krenko is a Warrior)
Just have a look at my Krenko's Mob
3 months ago
Krenko is hard to tune for cEDH because at his best he's probably still a 2.5-tier commander. I play Krenko as my "fair" deck but, I have given some though into making him faster. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that outside of a turn 1 wheel that has tons of ramp and nets another wheel, I see no way to get a turn 1 win with Krenko. Below are some of the cards I've considered that you don't currently have in your list.
- Add another chance for an extra turn with Warrior's Oath.
- You can take even more extra turns with Isochron Scepter + Final Fortune + Sundial of the Infinite. Add in something to untap an artifact and that would be bonkers!
- Dwarven Ruins is a not-as-good Sandstone Needle but, is still quite capable of helping with a Turn 2 Krenko.
- More 1cmc Goblins will give you more bodies, faster, and you're missing a few really good ones such as: Foundry Street Denizen, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Welder and Legion Loyalist.
- Goblin Instigator is another good 2cmc (1cmc with a reducer) for 2 1/1 Goblins.
- Mass Hysteria is probably the fastest and cheapest way to get haste for ALL of your gobos!
- The more Ramp the better because that's how you're going to drop Krenko Turn 1-2 and multiply your gobos fast! Find room for that Mox Diamond and also consider: Infernal Plunge, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Seething Song and Simian Spirit Guide.
- Draw helps a lot. You might also want to consider: Memory Jar, Reforge the Soul, Scroll Rack and Slate of Ancestry.
- More spell-cost reduction never hurt and in a tribal deck Urza's Incubator and Semblance Anvil could do some work.
- Staff of Domination to untap Krenko!
6 months ago
Goblin Rabblemaster great card to consider. Not seen in a lot of lists but could be good in the side
LuxuryBall on goblin
6 months ago
Boggart Shenanigans, Quest for the Goblin Lord, Impact Tremors, Raid Bombardment, Hazoret's Monument, Goblin Bushwhacker, Reckless Bushwhacker, and Foundry Street Denizen would all be great additions. I play a lot of goblins in standard and modern and these are the guys that really stick out.
6 months ago
Goblin Chainwhirler should be bumped to the sideboard for sure. Since you are running Foundry Street Denizen I would add cards that get you extra goblin bodies for cheep like Mogg War Marshal, Dragon Fodder, Krenko's Command.
7 months ago
Thanks for the advice, I recognize I need more cheap goblins and ways to produce tokens, and as you say the first 2 turns are difficult right now. Foundry Street Denizen would be a nice addition and I already have a set of Goblin Instigator. I'll take what you said in consideration and work on the mana curve.
I was trying something different but it doesn't work as expected to be honest, mainly because I fail to produce enough goblins in the first turns.
Boggart Shenanigans is useful but not enough to keep 4 of them, I might bring it down to 2 copies.
Thanks again !
7 months ago
The best way to get this working well is to remember your curve and gameplan- without the stabilisation tools that most other tribes enjoy, goblins will usually try and race the opponent, finishing out with grenade and lightning bolt. Its tried, tested, and enough cards have been printed to support that plan that it runs smoothly.
Running matsterwork into Thud as extra goblin grenades is a strong option- no problems with that- it just needs a stronger creature plan to support it.
You really only have 4 1-drops maindeck (the firebrands) so turn 1 plays will be awkward- wardriver and fodder are decent 2 drops, but most of your creatures start the 'go wide' plan in the 3-5 drops slots, and only have haste by virtue of Goblin Warchief. This is gonna be awkward, because this is usually the point where the board gets reset by a Damnation or Sweltering Suns. You should look at masterwork into thud as a 4 drop too, as it really needs your creatures on the board to function.
I'd look at doing the traditional goblin thing and dropping your curve, focussing in on Foundry Street Denizen, Mogg War Marshal, Goblin Instigator into Goblin Chieftain. This will give you a lot more early game damage, and help immensely with consistancy.
Foundry Street Denizen occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%