|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning (PFL)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin
Sacrifice Mogg Fanatic: Mogg Fanatic deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Mogg Fanatic Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
1 month ago
SCARY_N00B I prefer Mogg Fanatic because even when it's already tapped it can still be useful, Fanatical Firebrand doesn't do that, sure haste is nice but in my opinion the pros outweigh the cons with Mogg Fanatic
1 month ago
7 months ago
I could be wrong about how much some of the things I'm am going to list may effect your deck, but these are my thoughts on your list.
1) Cut the FETCHLANDS. Yes this seems like a bad idea at first, but as a three color deck with so much card draw in it already they don't provide much help with mana fixing. Okay, but then you say they thin the deck. Yeah they do, but they hurt all of your bottom deck manipulation making all of your Serum Visions , Opt , and Sleight of Hand even more mediocre than they already are.
2) Cut 1 Reveillark . I started my list with two, but I found with so much card selection I could always find a way prevent myself from drawing at least one and that's all you need in the library for the combo to work. Something to remember also is that since you have so many discard outlets drawing Reveillark will never be a problem for you. All you have to do is discard the one Reveillark in your deck and use Protean Hulk to find Viscera Seer and Body Double , Body Double enters as Protean Hulk , sac the new Protean Hulk (aka Body Double ), find Mogg Fanatic and another Body Double , have the new Body Double enter as a copy of Reveillark , and proceed to loop the Mogg Fanatic and Body Double for the win.
8 months ago
Zarathoustra Fanatical Firebrand isn't better. Sure it can attack as soon as you play it but you either have to attack or deal the 1 damage. Mogg Fanatic can deal the 1 at any time and I have 10 ways to give it haste. I was thinking about Impact Tremors . It feels like it would slow down the deck tho and it really wouldn't do as much damage as you think it would. Krenko, Mob Boss is way too slow in my deck. Its way too expensive and it would make more sense to spend that mana on two bushwackers instead.
8 months ago
Why don't you play Krenko, Mob Boss ?
I play a similar deck (https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-meat-shield/) and I found the Stoneforge Masterwork + Thud combo very interesting. In your deck, you could even play Thud alone, Goblin Piledriver can quickly become a huge threat and 7/9 dmg for one mana is unbeatable.
8 months ago
I think Mogg Fanatic is better than Cultist because you can cast Fanatic and use it to shoot down a hatebear or mana dork like birds. Also, you call this deck "Budget", but you play Mana Crypt and not Nature's Will , which comboes with Najeela and also taps down opponent's lands. In addition, I think the ideal ooze combo is Devoted Druid , Channeler Initiate , Blighted Bat or the new one with the infinitely better creature type, and Walking Ballista because it plays less cards that are bad on their own (just blighted bat compared to kiki-jiki, cultist, and anger).
9 months ago
guttersnipe is just terrible in modern.. 3 mana that could easily have just been another bolt, and there is a million better options than shock, most of which are fairly cheap.
some shock replacements include:
guttersnipe could be replaced by plenty of lower cmc creatures not seen in regular burn decks
sideboard you could and should run more artfact and enchantment hate like
No data for this card yet.