Massive Raid deals damage to target creature or player equal to the number of creatures you control.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Massive Raid Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Cool goblin deck! I play Krenko, Mob Boss as my commander sometimes.
3 months ago
Fair warning about Day's Undoing, you won't get snakes since it ends the turn before Xyris creates the tokens! I see Massive Raid, so you for sure should try out Burn at the Stake! Less than double the cost for triple the damage!
If you want to take a look at my take on Xyris, you can find it here!
6 months ago
Gomoomog. thank you for the considerate recommendations! I appreciate your insight into my build, and believe that Mudbutton Torchrunner is a definite consideration for this build. In regard to Goblin War Strike however, while I agree that it is an excellent card within for this build and is strictly superior to Massive Raid, it is unfortunately not legal in modern formatting, which is the format that I tend to build all of my budget decks. I really appreciate your taking your time to comment, and appreciate your insight into my build!
9 months ago
Added Moggcatcher , Lightning Crafter , and Mana Geyser to help us do the things we do. Since we are hungry for mana and sacs for our outlets, geyser makes sense. Added the other combo piece and the tutor that helps us get those pieces.
Also considering removing other last-ditch efforts such as Last-Ditch Effort , and the (conditional) bomb/removal/wipe/wombo spell Mogg Infestation . Although this card is versatile in this deck, I still question it every time I weigh edits.
Both Last-Ditch Effort and Mogg Infestation require conditions to be effective, but also trigger all the triggers that this deck is built around. The aforementioned sideboarded cards just did the face damage. Also, because we are not looking to go wide, but instead churn goblins for ETB and ETG effects.
11 months ago
Stoke the Flames feels like it will do a lot more than Massive Raid for me. I don't need creatures on the board for it and it can potentially cost far less for sometimes more dmg. Torbran is an odd one i can't figure out what to take out for him i'm going to do some testing with or without him.
11 months ago
An interesting inclusion if you need some extra damage out of nowhere. Massive Raid . I feel like goblins is the best place for this card.
1 year ago
Once you cut the Black cards from the deck, which you indicated was your plan, you'll have plenty of room for new toys. Looking at your Red cards, you could probably stand to cut the following:
- Act of Treason - too much mana for an effect you don't have full control over.
- Expedite - a lot of goblins naturally have haste, and the Bushwhackers also can confer haste. You don't really need this.
- Massive Raid - Generally you'll be better off with Goblin Grenade or Lightning Bolt . Raid might deal more damage, but at three mana, that means you're also forgoing casting a creature that turn.
- Blood Mist - Goblins want to stay low to the ground and swing fast. By the time you can cast a 4 mana enchantment, you'll already be getting close to kill range, and the additional 2 or 3 damage is not worth a card that's mostly going to sit around being dead in your hand.
- Obsidian Fireheart is another card that's just too mana-intensive to be worthwhile.