|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
Legendary Creature — Goblin Advisor
Whenever another Goblin you control becomes blocked, sacrifice it. If you do, it deals 4 damage to each creature blocking it.
Sacrifice two Mountains: Put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician Discussion
6 days ago
I would skip Frogtosser Banneret, all your spells are so cheap that it's not really relevant to make them even cheaper on turn 4. I'm not sure what to think about Krenko's Enforcer, it's not that strong by itself so I would recommend to add two additional Goblin Chieftains or Goblin King, who would make all your goblins stronger and unblockable if you're playing against a red deck. Go up to 4x bolt, at the expense of Doom blade. I think you have too much removal, you don't really need 7 kill spells, replace most of them with burn, so that you can both kill early blockers and burn your opponent.
Some other cards that are worth to look at:
Goblin Guide - expensive but it's pure win.
Goblin Wardriver - A bit slow, but he can really boost your attackers.
Searing Blood - Good early burn, can kill a blocker and damage your opponent at the same time.
Skullcrack - Sideboard
Quest for the Goblin Lord - Not the best 1-drop, but if you have maybe one or two of them it can boost you small goblins quite a bit.
2 weeks ago
- Azorius Signet
- Boros Signet
- Dimir Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Gruul Signet
- Izzet Signet
- Orzhov Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Simic Signet
- your and my suggestions for flyers
Regarding flyers, here are some good draws into bant. Not sure what the rest of the payoff is for green (maybe you grab cards like Glare of Subdual, Sylvan Library, Survival of the Fittest, Edric, Spymaster of Trest or big green beaters), but I figured we should enable that color combo a bit more while staying on-theme:
- Coldsteel Heart
- Fellwar Stone
- Mind Stone
- Pristine Talisman (though this might be keepable for drain. Maybe we will put it back in later)
- Quirion Elves
- Urborg Elf
- Utopia Tree
- Beastcaller Savant
- Channeler Initiate
- Sylvan Caryatid
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician (this should have been removed before this update)
- The tempting cards. I mentioned this before, but we should assume that our playgroup isnt stupid enough to fall for these traps.
- Obelisk of Urd (no real tribal support will be possible it seems)
Regarding blink: I would be fine with that, but I think it would be better to see if there's room once we start trimming down the cube.
Green is looking pretty underpowered right now (no real big threats, not much utility. we should fix that)
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
1 month ago
Hey there! So this will be an odd suggestion, but I think that Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician can actually be built to compete higher than the T4 that he is currently listed at.
He breaks Stax parity pretty well, can handle Mass Land Destruction/Resource Denial better than most other decks, and even benefits from being Blood Mooned. It is still a Monored aggro deck at heart, so not T1 or T2 deck by any stretch, but I think T3 is definitely a more accurate evaluation of how he can be built.
1 month ago
I love the deck and I'll definitely be playing it more.
I tried it out and it completely wiped the floor with Damia, Sage of Stone, Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician, and Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis. Consecrated Sphinx drew me 10 cards off of Damia's trigger and that was more than enough to instantly win the game on turn 6.
I'll stay tuned to all changes.
2 months ago
Have you considered Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician? If you're in a good position when he comes down, you can simply sac all of your lands for goblins and nuke everyone at the table.
4 months ago
Siege-Gang Commander, Goblin Recruiter, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, Festering Goblin, Goblin Striker, Battle Squadron, Goblin War Strike, Goblin Piledriver, Wort, Boggart Auntie, Goblin Rabblemaster, Mogg War Marshal, Skirk Prospector, Stingscourger, Goblin Assassin, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Ringleader, Foundry Street Denizen, Beetleback Chief, Brightstone Ritual, Goblin Warchief, Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician are all of the goblins that I have.