|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
(3), Tap or (Blue), Tap: Return target creature to its owner's hand unless its controller pays (1).
Crystal Shard Discussion
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Alright hkhssweiss, so I have updated and edited my deck a bit, and I wanted to see what you thought. Here are the cards I took out:
- Open the Vaults
- Font of Mythos
- Howling Mine
- Temple Bell
- Time Sieve
- Dawn Charm
- Archangel of Tithes
- Ethersworn Adjudicator
- Iona, Shield of Emeria
- Magister Sphinx
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect
- Thopter Assembly
- Windborn Muse
- Dromar's Charm
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- and 1 Island
And these are the cards I put in:
- Grand Abolisher
- Aven Mindcensor
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Master Transmuter
- Arcane Denial
- Hurkyl's Recall
- Imp's Mischief
- Faith's Reward
- Strionic Resonator (To play the Triplets' Ability more than once, just like with Paradox Haze . With this, I can even play it more than twice!)
- Crystal Shard (When I take over someone with the Triplets' ability, I can use this on them to bounce one of their important creatures and then immediately recast it. The best thing is that it is repeatable!)
- Venser's Journal (I just added this to combat life loss with Necropotence . Since it also makes me have a unlimited hand size, it combos there as well.)
- Mystic Remora (Do you mind telling me how to play this card correctly? My guess is just leave it around for one or two turn cycles, right?)
- Paradox Haze
- Flooded Strand (I finally splurged and bought a fetchland. That's what I replaced the island with. Only time will tell if it was a good idea. I think it was, because I can use it later on in any deck that runs blue or white.)
Anyway, if you could tell me what you think, that would be great. And again, thanks for all of your help hkhssweiss!
1 month ago
What's your opinion on Crystal Shard ? You can target your own creatures and decline to pay (so you get them back i), or use it on the opponent's creatures to annoy them.
1 month ago
Jace's Triumph is a strictly-better Divination, but both are pretty bad.
2 months ago
Gwathnar that’s a good suggestion I should add it for some extra ramp.
Wedjat while I do have rift , I also have Curse of the Swine to take care of creatures and also Duplicant which can be abused with Crystal Shard and becomes absurd if I have shard with a paradox engine setup to exile all of my opponents’ creatures. Addionally, I have a good amount of countermagic to take care of problem cards. O stone is a good suggestion though as I can tutor for it easily. I’ll keep that on the maybeboard in case I find I need it going forward.
2 months ago
Hey, bounce of your opponent's permanents is a fine strategy, but consider expanding on this strategy? More bouncing or blinking of your own creatures with ETB abilities to then get more value from them.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding:
- Frantic Search : instant draw that's also good with High Tide.
- Peregrine Drake : good with High Tide, bounce and blink.
- Turnabout : good with High Tide.
- Snap : good with High Tide, bounce your own creature or an opponents.
- Spellseeker : tutor for High Tide or any other 2 or less CMC instant or sorcery. Good with bounce/blink.
- Merchant Scroll : tutor for High Tide, Supplant Form, Capsize or any other instant.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable ways to draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Supplant Form : instant speed grandeur with Linessa.
- Capsize : bounce any permanent including a land and buyback is powerful.
- Crystal Shard : repeatable bounce of your creatures.
- Temporal Adept : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanent.
- Aphetto Alchemist : repeatable untap of Heidar, Temporal Adept, Crystal Shard, etc.
- Freed from the Real : enchant a creature who has a ability to use that ability many times a turn. Good with Linessa, Alchemist, Heidar, Temporal, etc.
- Tidespout Tyrant : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanents. Combos with Sol Ring.
- Deadeye Navigator : repeatable blink, combos with Peregrine Drake. Good with any other creature who has an ETB ability such as Archaeomancer.
- Azure Mage : mana sink to draw.
- Stunt Double : instant speed Clone. Clones are good with bounce/blink.
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Displace : blink that combos with Peregrine Drake and Archaeomancer.
- Mind Stone : two drop mana rock that ETB untapped.
- Prismatic Lens
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- Aeon Chronicler
- Burnished Hart
- Jeering Homunculus
- Mu Yanling
- Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
- Soramaro, First to Dream
- Disappearing Act
- Dream Fracture
- Vision Skeins
- Split Decision
- Reality Strobe
- Grasping Current
- Rhythmic Water Vortex
- Argentum Armor
- Coveted Jewel
I offer more advice if you want it, including explanations about cards I'm suggesting to add/cut. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
You can consider adding in Crystal Shard , Deadeye Navigator , Eldrazi Displacer or even Conjurer's Closet / Erratic Portal . Aminatou, the Fateshifter can also be considered and paired with Felidar Guardian . Venser, the Sojourner can also be contemplated and be added in as another line to win.
Venser, Shaper Savant can be added in for multitude of uses, this paired with the color hacking/bouncing theme seems pretty solid :P
3 months ago
Here's some things you might consider changing around.
This deck wants to win by copying lots of things. There are a few ways for you to win. One of the easier ways to do this might be to exploit Biovisionary . You just have to get four of him on your board by the end of your turn to win. Cards that you included already, like Rite of Replication make this very easy to pull off, provided you have both ready to go.
Birthing Pod , and Fauna Shaman , although more expensive, can help you search for important creatures like Biovisionary or even Worldgorger Dragon . You already have a few ways to make tokens or copies of Biovisionary
Things to reconsider:
Comet Storm Bad.
Insidious Will You have a lot of counterspells. Consider cutting some of the higher mana cost ones like this.
Crystal Shard occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%