Creature — Dragon Wizard
Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Splashy , LegendDeer , sonnet666 , rikertchu , Nemesis , ZombieFood , maR2307 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Kvothe1115 , Va1mar , , johnsongrantr , thetechzombie , ShishkyBob , golgarigirl|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , pskinn01|
Dragon Mage Discussion
3 days ago
Chain Reaction is a really good board wipe: it's inexpensive, has a low CMC, and almost always kills everything.Staff of Nin is recurring card draw and it's cheap. Mind's Eye is more expensive but probably better at drawing cards. Magus of the Wheel and Dragon Mage are more wheel effects you could try. You might also want to try Mana Flare, Treasonous Ogre, or Caged Sun for even more mana to sink into Ashling.
You might want to try damage doublers: Furnace of Rath, Insult / Injury, Quest for Pure Flame, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Curse of Bloodletting, Gratuitous Violence, or Overblaze. All of these are pretty inexpensive.
Copying spells is a neat way to increase the value of your burns. You could try any of these: Reverberate, Wild Ricochet, Fork, Chandra, the Firebrand, Dual Casting, Dualcaster Mage, Increasing Vengeance, Howl of the Horde. You can also use most of these to copy pesky counterspells or copy draw or ramp spells. Price of Glory is great since you're mostly playing at sorcery speed. Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Ricochet Trap, and Burnout are good for hating on blue players. Overmaster, Reroute, or Shunt might be okay too.
1 week ago
Cards I was thinking about adding in
Kaervek the Merciless
Cavern of Souls
Temple of the False God
Rise of the Dark Realms
Torrent of Souls
Crucible of Fire
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Haven of the Spirit Dragon
Chancellor of the Forge
1 week ago
Platinum Angel, Balefire Dragon, Utvara Hellkite, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Angelic Skirmisher, Bladewing the Risen, Dragon Mage, and Archfiend of Depravity to name a few AMAZING creatures. I would remove your Sarkhan for Sorin Markov or just add him in.
Don't know if Akroma's Memorial would be counterproductive, but would still give your cards a lot of benefits. Armageddon and Wrath of God wouldn't hurt as wipes. Cavern of Souls would be good for counter decks. Blood Crypt and Godless Shrine is more useful for your fetch lands than Bloodfell Caves and Wind-Scarred Crag
2 weeks ago
I have a few suggestions, so just bare with me.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - She doesn't do anything to fit Kaalia's theme immediately. She's a great card, but will not be utilized efficiently in this deck.
- Burnished Hart - Keep this if you are passionate about it, but it's slow to utilize without a lot of ramp, and you'll want to spend the mana casting other spells to power your Kaalia engine.
- Mana Flare - I'd never give anyone else a bonus unless you were a group hug deck.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council - Like Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim this card doesn't fit your deck theme. You don't really have a lifelink sub-theme going here, so this should go.
- Sangromancer - If it ain't an Angel, Demon, or Dragon, or if it doesn't immediately have a use, like Grand Abolisher, then it should go.
- Angel of the Dire Hour - This will blow up your creatures if you cheat it in with Kaalia. Just saying.Fork - Keep it if you are passionate, but I personally don't see the use for this card in the deck.
- Wild Ricochet - Same as Fork
- Necropotence - You need the ability to draw, and this is the standard bearer for black card draw.
- Phyrexian Arena - If Necropotence is the champion, then this card is the runner-up.
- Greed - This is the second runner up.
- Ruby Medallion - Jet Medallion is a good idea in this deck. Why have one when you can have two?
- Diabolic Tutor - It's not the fastest tutor, but when you are desparate, you will appreciate it. Plus, it's budget friendly.
- Rune-Scarred Demon - This is Vampiric Tutor on a stick. Run it.
- Lord of the Void - This card is obnoxious in Kaalia. Sure, steal other players' creatures. Watch them sulk about it. Salty like the Dead Sea!
- Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor - If you have the dinero, then these are no question.
- Dragon Mage - I love this guy. Nothing like being able to cycle your hand because you've got nothing but lands that you don't need.
Anyway, dude, I hope this helps. Can't wait for you to kill someone with it. Peace.
1 month ago
Thank You Cthu1uS4uru5R3x and gadenlock for the suggestions. I have updated the list.
1 month ago
1 month ago
The first thing I see when looking at this deck is Sundial of the Infinite this card doesn't work with the end of turn trigger from unearth.
Third is Panharmonicon, this card is absolutely disgusting with it's ability to abuse the crap out of things like Sepulchral Primordial and other effects. Another really funny card to go along with the ETB abuse is Flayer of the Hatebound, nobody will notice until their life total is about 6.
MY PERSONAL ADDITIONS
Another good card to consider is Teferi's Veil, the card is old, and Vanishing is a confusing mechanic, but when you understand how fundementally broken the ability is you start to understand why WotC stopped putting it on cards.
Something I've noticed is the low amount of creatures, you might want to add more creatures to the deck, specifically lower mana cost early blocker style creatures like Fog Bank and Beetleback Chief, they provide good blockers for the token matchup as well as fodder for edict effects.
Taking note on seperate meta 1. There is a glaring lack of control in both of our meta. (control deck in my meta is a Sidar Konda of Jamuraa//Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist hatebear style deck 2. My meta is predominately combo driven middle schoolers who hate interacting with the people at the table. This does not appear to be a problem in your meta. 3. On more of a personal note, I would highly advise investing in a full set of both Shocks and Fetches, as they are only going to go up in price as there are less and less openings of MM3 and Kahns of Tarkir boxes and packs. (I am currently working on completing my set of Alpha lands, it's not easy, but it's worth it)
All in all your deck has a lot of potential and I would love to hear how it comes together.