Creature — Dragon Wizard
Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards their hand, then draws seven cards.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dragon Mage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Dragon Mage Discussion
4 days ago
So earlier I was playing Commander with a friend of mine and I found out that I need card draw in my deck! I need suggestions for them!
We played 2 games, I got mana flooded in my first game and in the second game I was top-decking early game!
I only have 2 cards that are card draw in my deck, they are Dragon Mage which the downside is that I have to be able to do damage to my opponent, and the other one is Skyline Despot and the downside of Skyline Despot is that I have to be the Monarch to get the draw which is at my end step!
I need Red Card Draw, Black Card Draw, both Red & Black Card Draw, or Colorless Card as I'm not changing the colors of this deck.
4 days ago
Great choice for a budget!
Piranha Marsh is a suprisingly effective land. I'm often very happy to play this on turn 5 to get Rakdos out.
Insolent Neonate is also surprisngly effective as an enabler with Menace. Being able to use him as card draw later is a big bonus.
Duplicant is .75 cents. That should be cheap enough to make your budget, right? It's removal and potentially another fatty that can be very cheap with Rakdos.
Knollspine Dragon is 1.28, but being able to draw tons of cards after an attack is brutal.
Steel Hellkite is .99 cents. Definitely worth an include.
Increasing Ambition is 1.26, which is pretty cheap for a good tutor.
Dragon Mage hits hard and wheels you into more fatties. .20 cents.
Demonlord Belzenlok is 1$ can has a pretty good chance of drawing you a lot of cards.
Pestilence Demon is freakin' awesome. .48 cents.
When Sire Of Insanity gets out early, the game usually ends. .67 cents.
Gorgon's Head doesn't make much sense here since most of your pingers don't hit creatures.
Staff of Nin is cool, but just way too expensive on mana to be worth it.
Ill-Gotten Inheritance seems pretty weak. You don't want your enablers at 4 mana, usually.
Morgue Burst is really expensive. It just doesn't seem worth it.
Tectonic Giant could easily be cut.
Since a lot of the budget mana rocks are 3 mana, maybe you should look into more 2 mana or less pingers, so that you can get to your Rakdos on turn 4 more often.
5 days ago
Two words: Dragon Mage.
Wheel on a creature. Let's you fill your yard better while giving you a fresh hand. Literally zero reason to not have it in here.
1 week ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
1 week ago
Runehorn Hellkite, Dragon Mage, Stalking Vengeance are some good non-devil creatures that work well with him. You'd also want Temple Bell in the deck if you're going to be sacrificing creatures Mass Mutiny, Mob Rule are good options, enchantment burn options that aren't the god of the forge, Impact Tremors, Warstorm Surge, Vicious Shadows.
2 weeks ago
Kravv, Lord of Immolation
Legendary Creature - Giant Dragon
Kravv can't be countered if you control three or more other Dragons.
Kravv costs less for each Dragon you control.
: Red Creatures you control get +1/+0 and haste until end of turn.
Exile three red cards from your hand: Untap all creatures you control. After this combat phase, there is an additional combat phase.
Dragon Mage says hi
1 month ago
- Gem of Becoming >> Geth's Grimoire
- Launch Party >> Molten Psyche
- Perilous Vault >> Sol Ring
- Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind >> Command Tower
- Iron Myr >> Damnable Pact
- Lightning Bolt? >> Dragon Mage
- Concentrate? >> Magus of the Wheel
- Sign in Blood? >> Perplex
- Seizan, Perverter of Truth, Jace Beleren, The Locust God
2 months ago
I try to find cards that fulfill multiple functions. Some are very easy to spot, for example Arterial Flow by itself is a powerful discard effect. In EDH, it is one of the most powerful.
It costs you 1 card to get 6 cards, (2 from each opponent) into the graveyards.
Then it can also hit for 2 life on each opponent if you have a Vampire. So, it functions as a "burn" spell, too. But it also gives you +2 life, meaning it gives you a 4-point spread between each opponent. That is to say, the gap between you and your opponent is widened by 4 life, and that's to all three of them.
These are not just big creatures with evasion, they are also the equivalent of burn spells.
Another example is Dragon Mage, who effectively is a draw engine.
My new deck is run by Oros, the Avenger, who with Deathtouch becomes a wrath on a stick.
So I prefer cards with multiple functions, even if they aren't directly noticable. I try for at least 2 functions per card, if at ever able.