No Rest for the Wicked
Sacrifice No Rest for the Wicked: Return to your hand all creature cards that were put into your graveyard from play this turn.
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
No Rest for the Wicked occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
No Rest for the Wicked Discussion
3 months ago
I'm not sure on Torbran, Thane of Red Fell in this deck. He only affects your red sources, and although great for you commander, I don't see him being very useful to the rest of the deck. If you've found this to be otherwise, though, then by all means, run him. At first glance, though, he doesn't seem to fit, and the slot could be better used for more sac outlets or something helpful to the aristocrats/sac theme.
A card you might find interesting is No Rest for the Wicked . It can be a risk if it gets countered, but it can also provide you with an explosive turn in which you can get a chunk of your non-token creatures back to your hand.
8 months ago
11 months ago
11 months ago
Suggestions for "additions" (I'm not sure what you want to take out)
Also here is my list if you want some additional inspiration: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadowborn-apostles-demons-will-rise/
The list is outdated, casual, and just a rough remake of a list I had previously that I lost, but there might be something you've missed in there.
- Aven Shrine - Provides ridiculous lifegains even with just a small number of apostles in the yard.
- Xathrid Necromancer - (Rotlung Reanimator v. 2) - Tokens enters tapped, which is an issue, but it triggers off humans which hits slightly more targets than cleric. More of an aggressive inclusion rather than combo defensive tool.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - gets back all your Clerics for another run.
- Rally the Ancestors - You have Immortal Servitude , this is its buddy.
- Doom Whisperer - Razaketh, the Foulblooded does what this does better under normal circumstances. Haven't playtested this one but the general idea is to Surveil as many Clerics into the graveyard as possible until you hit a mass-resurrection-spell. Combines really well with aforementioned Aven Shrine by possibly finding and fueling the Shrine's condition, leading to mass lifegains, leading to more Surveil.
- No Rest for the Wicked - Haven't playtested this one either and possibly more a jank inclusion. The idea is to make sure you can get your Clerics back into hand if Athreos is not available or people are willing to pay. It's better to just have the mass resurrection spells before this.
I would probably pull out:
- Krav, the Unredeemed - He seems lackluster in the setup and you don't seem to create an abundance of tokens to really abuse his ability.
- Harvester of Souls - Would likely swap him out for a Grim Haruspex . While the Harvester triggers off of your opponent's creatures dying, you would need a Grave Pact effect in play to actually take advantage of that. The main portion of cards you get from this is from your own creatures. And I figure if you are able to search for a demon, the Harvester is not the prime target. At least when I've played he has been under performing. The Haruspex is easier to cast and is returned with both Rally the Ancestors and Angel of Glory's Rise . You can even find her with Recruiter of the Guard in case you've already found your Edgewalker .
- Unburial Rites - Just seems lackluster to me but that's also because my playgroup run a lot of exile, especially on big targets in colors that usually gets them back. In general I find Phyrexian Reclamation to be a better inclusion because I can secure I get my Clerics back which is the overall gameplan.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Hope you can use it in some capacity :)
11 months ago
Finally, you'll want some more explosive ramp and draw. Jet Medallion , Thunderscape Familiar , Herald's Horn can lower your rats' cost, and Slate of Ancestry , Skullclamp , Reforge the Soul , Midnight Reaper , Dark Prophecy , Grim Haruspex , Night's Whisper , Greed , Syphon Mind , Promise of Power ,
11 months ago
Props for not going easy mode with Edgar Markov .
As for suggestions, the best thing I think you could do to improve this deck is to make it more explosive. The way to do that would be to add free sacrifice outlets, along with creatures that provide you multiple bodies.
For sac outlets, Viscera Seer , Indulgent Aristocrat , Bloodthrone Vampire , Bloodflow Connoisseur , Cartel Aristocrat , Blood Bairn , Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter , Vampire Aristocrat , and Yahenni, Undying Partisan are good vampire options. Sadistic Hypnotist , Dimir House Guard , Spawning Pit , Hidden Stockpile , Mind Slash are also good. What's important is that you can go off all at once. You want to sac a bunch of creatures to grow Elenda and sac her the same turn.
The other challenge you'll want to keep in mind is that Elenda, the Dusk Rose must go to your graveyard to get the trigger. That means If you want to recast her, you'll have to reanimate her or exile her from your graveyard. Bojuka Bog , Relic of Progenitus , Angel of Finality , God-Pharaoh's Gift (and Gate to the Afterlife !), Skeletal Scrying , Rescue from the Underworld , Necromancer's Covenant , Cremate , Seance , Planar Void , Goryo's Vengeance , Postmortem Lunge , Purgatory . Despoiler of Souls , Mistmoon Griffin , Purify the Grave , Offalsnout , Coffin Purge , Drudge Spell , Cryptwailing , Treacherous Vampire , and Consecrate / Consume , Angelic Renewal , Karmic Guide , Reveillark (the prior two being an infinite loop combo), Dread Return , Nim Deathmantle (there are combos with it and Ashnod's Altar , which you also want), Palace Siege , Bloodline Necromancer , Profane Command , Unburial Rites , Faith's Reward , Ever After , Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants , Hell's Caretaker . Apprentice Necromancer , Wake the Dead , Second Sunrise , Infernal Offering , Corpse Dance , Zombify , Resurrection , No Rest for the Wicked , and Footsteps of the Goryo , are all good options.
The final piece of the puzzle is making your sacrifices devastating. Dictate of Erebos , Butcher of Malakir , Grave Pact , Black Market , Harvester of Souls , Midnight Reaper , Grim Haruspex , Zulaport Cutthroat , Open the Graves , Blade of the Bloodchief , Ogre Slumlord , Athreos, God of Passage , and Dark Prophecy will help with that.
1 year ago
Young Wolf, Nihil Spellbomb, Ugin's Nexus, Midnight Reaper, Filigree Familiar, Glistening Oil, No Rest for the Wicked, Aspect of Mongoose, and Grim Haruspex are all decent cards for this deck, and work well with the Bros and the rest!
1 year ago
I need some help deciding to remove some cards to make it 100 cards commander legal, it’s 105 right now.
Throw me some ideas to add or replace cards too. Feel free to criticize me, tell me if there should be changes. First time really trying to put a deck together. I think I’m having mana and creature cost issues? I’m not sure? Thanks!