|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
No Rest for the Wicked
Sacrifice No Rest for the Wicked: Return to your hand all creature cards that were put into your graveyard from play this turn.
No Rest for the Wicked Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Suggestions for "additions" (I'm not sure what you want to take out)
Also here is my list if you want some additional inspiration: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shadowborn-apostles-demons-will-rise/
The list is outdated, casual, and just a rough remake of a list I had previously that I lost, but there might be something you've missed in there.
- Aven Shrine - Provides ridiculous lifegains even with just a small number of apostles in the yard.
- Xathrid Necromancer - (Rotlung Reanimator v. 2) - Tokens enters tapped, which is an issue, but it triggers off humans which hits slightly more targets than cleric. More of an aggressive inclusion rather than combo defensive tool.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - gets back all your Clerics for another run.
- Rally the Ancestors - You have Immortal Servitude , this is its buddy.
- Doom Whisperer - Razaketh, the Foulblooded does what this does better under normal circumstances. Haven't playtested this one but the general idea is to Surveil as many Clerics into the graveyard as possible until you hit a mass-resurrection-spell. Combines really well with aforementioned Aven Shrine by possibly finding and fueling the Shrine's condition, leading to mass lifegains, leading to more Surveil.
- No Rest for the Wicked - Haven't playtested this one either and possibly more a jank inclusion. The idea is to make sure you can get your Clerics back into hand if Athreos is not available or people are willing to pay. It's better to just have the mass resurrection spells before this.
I would probably pull out:
- Krav, the Unredeemed - He seems lackluster in the setup and you don't seem to create an abundance of tokens to really abuse his ability.
- Harvester of Souls - Would likely swap him out for a Grim Haruspex . While the Harvester triggers off of your opponent's creatures dying, you would need a Grave Pact effect in play to actually take advantage of that. The main portion of cards you get from this is from your own creatures. And I figure if you are able to search for a demon, the Harvester is not the prime target. At least when I've played he has been under performing. The Haruspex is easier to cast and is returned with both Rally the Ancestors and Angel of Glory's Rise . You can even find her with Recruiter of the Guard in case you've already found your Edgewalker .
- Unburial Rites - Just seems lackluster to me but that's also because my playgroup run a lot of exile, especially on big targets in colors that usually gets them back. In general I find Phyrexian Reclamation to be a better inclusion because I can secure I get my Clerics back which is the overall gameplan.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Hope you can use it in some capacity :)
3 weeks ago
Finally, you'll want some more explosive ramp and draw. Jet Medallion , Thunderscape Familiar , Herald's Horn can lower your rats' cost, and Slate of Ancestry , Skullclamp , Reforge the Soul , Midnight Reaper , Dark Prophecy , Grim Haruspex , Night's Whisper , Greed , Syphon Mind , Promise of Power ,
4 weeks ago
Props for not going easy mode with Edgar Markov .
As for suggestions, the best thing I think you could do to improve this deck is to make it more explosive. The way to do that would be to add free sacrifice outlets, along with creatures that provide you multiple bodies.
For sac outlets, Viscera Seer , Indulgent Aristocrat , Bloodthrone Vampire , Bloodflow Connoisseur , Cartel Aristocrat , Blood Bairn , Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter , Vampire Aristocrat , and Yahenni, Undying Partisan are good vampire options. Sadistic Hypnotist , Dimir House Guard , Spawning Pit , Hidden Stockpile , Mind Slash are also good. What's important is that you can go off all at once. You want to sac a bunch of creatures to grow Elenda and sac her the same turn.
The other challenge you'll want to keep in mind is that Elenda, the Dusk Rose must go to your graveyard to get the trigger. That means If you want to recast her, you'll have to reanimate her or exile her from your graveyard. Bojuka Bog , Relic of Progenitus , Angel of Finality , God-Pharaoh's Gift (and Gate to the Afterlife !), Skeletal Scrying , Rescue from the Underworld , Necromancer's Covenant , Cremate , Seance , Planar Void , Goryo's Vengeance , Postmortem Lunge , Purgatory . Despoiler of Souls , Mistmoon Griffin , Purify the Grave , Offalsnout , Coffin Purge , Drudge Spell , Cryptwailing , Treacherous Vampire , and Consecrate / Consume , Angelic Renewal , Karmic Guide , Reveillark (the prior two being an infinite loop combo), Dread Return , Nim Deathmantle (there are combos with it and Ashnod's Altar , which you also want), Palace Siege , Bloodline Necromancer , Profane Command , Unburial Rites , Faith's Reward , Ever After , Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants , Hell's Caretaker . Apprentice Necromancer , Wake the Dead , Second Sunrise , Infernal Offering , Corpse Dance , Zombify , Resurrection , No Rest for the Wicked , and Footsteps of the Goryo , are all good options.
The final piece of the puzzle is making your sacrifices devastating. Dictate of Erebos , Butcher of Malakir , Grave Pact , Black Market , Harvester of Souls , Midnight Reaper , Grim Haruspex , Zulaport Cutthroat , Open the Graves , Blade of the Bloodchief , Ogre Slumlord , Athreos, God of Passage , and Dark Prophecy will help with that.
3 months ago
Young Wolf, Nihil Spellbomb, Ugin's Nexus, Midnight Reaper, Filigree Familiar, Glistening Oil, No Rest for the Wicked, Aspect of Mongoose, and Grim Haruspex are all decent cards for this deck, and work well with the Bros and the rest!
3 months ago
I need some help deciding to remove some cards to make it 100 cards commander legal, it’s 105 right now.
Throw me some ideas to add or replace cards too. Feel free to criticize me, tell me if there should be changes. First time really trying to put a deck together. I think I’m having mana and creature cost issues? I’m not sure? Thanks!
5 months ago
Runed Stalactite makes your boss a zombie for zombie bonuses.
Your zombies will die. Your boss can bring back zombies. You have to protect your boss in case of multiple exiles. Alexi's Cloak effectively counters whatever was going to kill him then gives him shroud. Neurok Stealthsuit can do the same. Swiftfoot Boots etc.
Does that planeswalker actually help?
6 months ago
Initial thoughts: Your curve is very 3 mana heavy, this is good and bad, means you can flood early, but leads to some dead draws late, assuming good draws, this will be fine.
For the amount of life you gain, Rhox Faithmender may be good in this deck. Big emphasis on may though.
For the amount of recursion you have, you need more sacrifice outlets. Diamond Valley Miren, the Moaning Well Phyrexian Tower Innocent Blood Vampiric Rites maybe even Carnage Altar Diabolic IntentDisciple of Griselbrand Hidden Stockpile Skirsdag Flayer Ashnod's Altar Attrition Bontu the Glorified
Oh, you sorta require Grave Pact I know it has a HUGE black requirement, but it's very much required in this sort of deck.
Some cards I'd consider cutting:
Arashin Cleric not good enough.
Greed you already have Erebos, God of the Dead you may as well replace with something better like Yawgmoth's Bargain Arguel's Blood Fast Flip that being said, you need more card draw. So maybe grab Necropotence or some of the other draw cards I've recommended here.
Some misc cards/tings (boom) you may want to consider:
Enchantment tribal? Constellation is a fun mechanic.
No Rest for the Wicked occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%