|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Wall of Junk
Artifact Creature — Wall
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
Whenever Wall of Junk blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wall of Junk Discussion
3 months ago
I'm currently procrastinating, so I have more suggestions.
- Drift of Phantasms - A flying wall that can alternatively tutor for any 3 mana card
- Fog Bank - Not indestructible, but perhaps call it impervious
- Glyph of Delusion - Seems good in a deck with a lot of walls
- Glyph of Doom - A 1 mana Murder
- Hightide Hermit - Crab crab crab
- Oona's Gatewarden - 1 mana, flying, wither. And she's sassy.
- Isleback Spawn - I mean, the goal is to get your opponents to 0 cards which is definitely less than 20
- Wall of Junk - High toughness at low CMC
- Telemin Performance - Milling and stealing, all around excellent
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Often used as an ocean-denizen or mill commander but still effective as a normal creature
- Bojuka Bog - Milling your opponents won't work if they Elixir of Immortality or something, this prevents that
- Tormod's Crypt - Same as Bojuka Bog but as an artifact
4 months ago
This is so cool! What's the flip side of your commander?
I got some cards to suggest for this: Glory of Warfare, High Ground, Meekstone, Kindred Boon, Stalwart Shield-Bearers, Consulate Skygate, Wall of Junk, Shifting Wall, Taurean Mauler, Fog Bank, Stasis, Obelisk of Urd, Lumithread Field, Shared Triumph, and Crawlspace
6 months ago
Okay, so fair warning, I haven't looked through every past version of your list, so some of these may be cards you've already considered, but I wanted to take a broad approach and hope to give you some stuff you've never seen before.
Angelic Wall Avatar of Hope City of Solitude Cloudthresher Condemn Conqueror's Galleon Flip Dazzling Ramparts Deathless Angel Doomgape Eater of Days Elderscale Wurm Engulfing Slagwurm Erebos, God of the Dead Giant Adephage Grave Sifter Gutter Grime Hunted Horror Jareth, Leonine Titan Karametra, God of Harvests Kin-Tree Invocation Luminate Primordial Palisade Giant Pelakka Wurm Platinum Emperion Primal Command Scaled Behemoth Solar Tide Sunscape Familiar Sylvan Primordial Terastodon Terra Stomper Vengeful Archon Voice of Resurgence Wall of Hope Wall of Junk Wall of Nets Windbrisk Raptor
9 months ago
Thanks for the Suggestions. I'm still trying to decide if I want this to be more tribal treefolk, or just good creatures with high toughness. I'm leaning towards the latter. Wall of Junk is definitely legal but has been errata'ed to be a wall and have defender. Grizzled Leotau is fantastic for the mana cost, but might be a little vanilla. I'm just adding Aerial Responder and Vampire Nighthawk
9 months ago
+1, love the concept! I'd try using a few more creatures with higher toughness (like walls) in order to kill other creatures quicker.
Tower Defense could also be a really fun card, essentially giving your creatures +5/+5 until end of turn for only 2 mana!
1 year ago
1 year ago
Proper Burial's almost the right idea, but it only triggers if things are going wrong for you. I'd run Angelic Chorus instead, which gains you life every time a wall so much as shows up. Speaking of which, you know which wall shows up many times indeed? Wall of Junk fits the bill perfectly, bouncing itself but being cheap to play, as well as extremely tough and gaining you seven life a pop if the Chorus is out. You might also be able to run something like Ghostway or Eerie Interlude to help your walls dodge removal or just gain you a ton of life with the Chorus at the end of your opponent's turn.