Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1.
Sacrifice a creature: Regenerate enchanted creature.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dark Privilege occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Dark Privilege Discussion
4 months ago
Dark Privilege is an all-star in Shirei decks. The art also happens to be awesome!
6 months ago
A cheap removal spell in this deck would be a Bone Splinters this of course depends on your meta.
Falkenrath Noble is another good card that also punishes other players who try to set up their sac engine and moves you toward your goal of winning.
I know it is a little pricier at $2ish but a Swords to Plowshares will be invaluable at keeping you alive.
I like Kambal, Consul of Allocation I didn't even know about that card. It doesn't synergize as much with the deck (except for it being a two power card) but it is a nice deterrent.
I dislike Ankle Shanker in this deck because his deathtouch/first strike ability don't trigger when you bring him onto the battlefield from the graveyard tapped and attacking. Which is a HUGE bummer.
I want to get the Archetype of Finality for my deck as well that is pure value in Alesha.
Overall I like it, you have all of the essentials in here. The biggest thing that I notice though is that you don't seem to have that many sacrifice outlets for this deck to get your infinite Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap combo off. I'd recommend Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar but those are pricey af and I can only recommend if you REALLY like this deck. But there are plenty of cheap ones that I run!
All of the above are under a dollar in price and able to get that sac engine up and running for you.
Anyway I know this was a lot but I hope that it helps you have a good deck here. Enjoy it!
1 year ago
This comes from love, I also have a Shirei deck and hate to see people misplaying him. Desecrated Tomb is overrated and should be pulled out, it only triggers once per turn. A better replacement would be Lightning Coils which gives you more creatures and more powerful creatures. I would recommend also pulling Liliana's Shade , which is a four drop for a land to your hand, Skittering Surveyor does the same thing and is a three drop. Soldevi Adnate is also pretty bad, most cards with a tap ability are in this type of deck. First you would only be getting 4 mana at the most, which is fine but underutilized. My final creature suggestion is to add more heavies. Where is the win-con? Where are the super demons who destroy things? Ob Nixilis, Unshackled , is perfect as is Razaketh, the Foulblooded
You also do not have commander protection. Sure you can re-animate him but you lose all of the creatures that go to the graveyard that turn before he died. Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and most importantly Dark Privilege . Which is a sac outlet and protection.
1 year ago
I'm stealing a couple of cards from this for my Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons deck lol. Blessing of Leeches , Dark Privilege , and Soul Channeling are so good, I'm surprised they're also so budget friendly. I'm really feelin' this deck... You're tempting me to make a mono black EDH deck lol.
1 year ago
Deck looks pretty sweet HyperViper191, especially for a budget/casual build!
As for cuts I'd say that Dark Privilege and Vindictive Vampire could go. They're neat cards, but I feel like privilege is a little situational and vampire is just a little expensive CMC wise. (Also, sorry this took so long, been busy lately).
Best of luck to you and this deck!
1 year ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
1 year ago
LeeRoy_Jenkiins, your mention of Souldrinker reminded me that I do have Unspeakable Symbol in the deck, which has been an absolute all-star. I like Souldrinker, but I don't like that he only puts the counter on himself. I'll consider finding a spot in the deck for him if I make some cuts.
I like Spawning Pit, but I'm on the fence. I'd never use the creature generation ability, meaning it'd only be a 2-mana sac outlet. While that in and of itself might not be too bad, I'm not sure if I want a card that I'd only use half of in the deck, especially when there are so many 2-mana or less sac outlets out there (Goblin Bombardment, Viscera Seer, Carrion Feeder, Skullclamp, Greater Gargadon, Bloodthrone Vampire, Dark Privilege, Dross Hopper, etc).
Thanks for the suggestions!