|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Mythic Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Dragons (DRB)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
Flash (You may cast this spell at any time you could cast an instant.)
When Bogardan Hellkite enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures, players and/or planeswalkers.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||Tiddilywinkus , Lucretian , Doom_of_Valyria , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , marcus638 , Forkbeard , frederiklw , johnsongrantr , jstn.mrrtt , Ashy , Wolfebladeelite , Msgstallion , Pelli , killstars , Spinalripper , rikertchu , Epidilius , MattN7498 , mziter501 , bpiser95 , BOFH , saj0219 , itheoryz , AcidZephyr , PTsmitty , Asuras , kykymonster , rockleemyhero , silvereh , Xz0mb13x91|
|Want (22)||theHopp , squirrelmeat , rco , BringerOfStorms , kovellen , ElCamino , clongst , GrandeKhan , BlacksmithOfDarksteel , Lythia , PopeJonIII , afeuling , waptdragon3 , CptnFab , Filie , wegotdahooch , rakdos24 , IamWaffleMan , PRO-AUGMANDOO , antivitamin , raespadas , AgentCrazyDiamond|
Bogardan Hellkite Discussion
1 month ago
If you're seriously gunning for Tier 2 cEDH, you will have to compete with infinite combos, stax, etc. Listen to CommandZone's "Breaking Boros" episode to get the lowdown, but in short, you would have to cut everything but the 60 most cutthroat cards: MLD, stax, infinite combos...no Concerted Effort, no protection, no Browbeat, no damage doubling, nothing but the best Sunforger cards, no Meld or bounce or extra turns. None of those are fast enough if Prossh or Narset is just going to kill you dead on Turn 4-5. Personally, I think competitive Boros sounds about as fun as playing Galaga in a full-body cast, since you don't have the liberty to put fun cards in. I do not advise building such a risky (not to mention very expensive) deck if you're just trying to prove a point, because there are no guarantees that you'd ever win or even have fun playing it.
Of course, I don't mean to presume -- for all I know, you could be a 10-year veteran of cEDH who plays pro Modern when s/he gets bored, but at that point I'd have you ask you for help (;
On the other hand...making a Boros deck that does things besides attack could be pretty interesting. Flameshadow Conjuring, Eldrazi Displacer, and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker could be the core of an interesting Flicker deck. When I'm thinking about a theme like this, I divide my cards into enablers and payoffs. The payoffs here would be the typical W suspects like Fiend Hunter, but also Warstorm Surge, Bogardan Hellkite, Flametongue Kavu, and Dualcaster Mage. That's the direction I'd lean if you just wanted to do something creative and offbeat for a more casual or budget playgroup, or for random strangers at FNM. Or I'd make Firesong and Sunspeaker, or Brion Stoutarm, or Basandra, Battle Seraph.
Finally, to your question: both those are terrible competitively. But if you're just trying to make friends and have fun, they're great! Just depends on your goal. How competitive is your playgroup?
No, you need 3 themes, max. Once that core of the deck is good, you can experiment. But you've gotta cut it down, first. Tough love (: if it hurts to lose all your Scryfall work, copy/paste these cards into a private decklist, then start fresh. But stick to 3 themes for now(;
Feel free to hmu once you get it narrowed down a little more!
1 month ago
Okay so I have a brew fairly similar to yours, except a few key factors:
1) include more creature removal. Works like a charm against opponents' commanders. Bogardan Hellkite, Spitebellows, Flametongue Kavu, and Firemaw Kavu are all good inclusions. On a related note, Meteor Golem deals with enchantments!
2) not enough land destruction. But that's more of an opinion.
3) you really don't have a lot of ways to get creatures in your graveyard. Try Smuggler's Copter, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Daretti, Scrap Savant, Cathartic Reunion, and finally, Anvil of Bogardan.
Lastly and most importantly, I named mine after food. If you read the description it makes sense. Take a look-
Commander / EDH
5 COMMENTS | 253 VIEWS | IN 4 FOLDERS
1 month ago
I think you need an Eternal Scourge for this deck.
AH HA! I finally see figured out what this deck is really needing. More punch.
Specifically, this deck should be maximizing the 'creature enters the battlefield' effects.
You are creature one or more token copies of a creature.
Those creatures should not just sit there looking at you like an idiot. Make those token work.
I know that the token come into play tapped and attacking, but by using the ETB triggers those tokens will be doing double duty.
Another thing I noticed while looking at what other people are doing with this deck is the use of +1/+1 counters to power things.
Not sure if that is a direction this deck need to go, so I'm not going to use that too much.
With that new idea in mind, lets look at some swaps.
OUT: Budoka Gardener, Charnelhoard Wurm, Emissary of Grudges, Indulgent Tormentor, Rubblehulk, Scute Mob, Scuttling Doom Engine, Seedborn Muse, Zendikar Incarnate
Not sure about: Loyal Apprentice, Loyal Guardian, Loyal Subordinate, Rampaging Baloths
IN, with no particualr order:
(I'm going to list more cards than we take out so that you have some options to consider.)
Wood Elves, note that the Forest does not have to be a basic Forest. We can fecth a dual or shock land.
Eternal Witness, to get back any other card.
Greenwarden of Murasa, another option for card recursion.
Solemn Simulacrum, land fetch and card draw ine one.
Broodmate Dragon, because dragons.
Garna, the Bloodflame, for more graveyard recursion.
Fleshbag Marauder and/or, Merciless Executioner to help control the board. We can use the sac
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, fattie with life draining ability.
Mindslicer, so that we can make people's lives suck.
Pilgrim's Eye, land search and flying chump blocker. the poor man's Solemn Simulacrum
Hoarding Dragon, because it never hurts to get useful artifacts.
Netherborn Phalanx, this one has always been good to me in group games. Really punishes the token player.
Puppeteer Clique, so that we can eat and exile opponenet's creatures.
Dire Fleet Daredevil, why not cast other people's spells?
Balustrade Spy, screw your deck.
Avalanche Riders, screw your land.
Sadistic Hypnotist, screw your hand.
Entomber Exarch, give us some nice options. It is a bit weak, but useful and cheap.
Bogardan Hellkite, becuase damage is almost always good. But I'm not sure about the mana cost on this one.
Molten Primordial, let's use our sacrifice outlets on other peoples stuff.
Viscera Seer, so that we can filter the top deck when we sacrifice creatures.
Hornet Queen, tokens making tokens, now with deathtouch.
Feldon of the Third Path, create tokens of creatures that don't get exiled.
Kresh the Bloodbraided or Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper as alternate commanders and good creatures.
Not creatues but need to be in the deck:
Warstorm Surge, let's turn each token into direct damage in addition to it's ETB.
Path of Discovery, why not explore the deck?
Evolutionary Leap, I'm not sure about this one, I like the ability to fetch more creatues from the deck, but we may need more dicard outlets to really make this work for use.
Goblin Bombardment, cheap to cast, multiple uses, may help finish off the last opponent.
So, let me know what you think.
Great. Thanks. Now after helping you with this deck, I'm going to have to finish my jund deck. I'll see if I can get my list up in a couple of days.
1 month ago
Hey, if you're looking for big beaters, you can look at eldrazis with Artisan of Kozilek.. In jund, you can have Kresh the Bloodbraided, Butcher of Malakir, Corpsejack Menace works with your commander and kresh.. Prossh, Skyraider of Kher Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar Protean Hulk, Combustible Gearhulk Verdurous Gearhulk Noxious Gearhulk.. Hornet Queen can make your ennemies attack into 1/1 deathtouch which is fun There's a lot of dragons stuff such as Hellkite Overlord, Hellkite Tyrant, Bogardan Hellkite Dragonlord Atarka..
For big green stuff and ramp, you can look at my
SCORE: 1 | 37 VIEWS
Maybe some of those cards cost a lil' bit over 5$, i'm not sure on some prices, but I'll look for cards that benefits always having to attack or always be attacked from now on, and I might get back to you ! Good luck on your deck, Thantis seems really fun !
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
2 months ago
After watching your video and now looking at your decklist, there's one minor, but very important detail I think was missed. If you look at the rules regarding Xantcha on Gatherer, you'll see that if the person you gave Xantcha to dies, then she doesn't go to your command zone, she stays in play under her owner's control without changing zones. So the deck probably wants something more than Miren the Moaning Well to sacrifice her, or some other way to take her out.
A couple thoughts I had that fit perfectly: Bogardan Hellkite, has flash and deals exactly 5 damage, which can kill Xantcha and leave you with a nice sized creature. Kiku, Night's Flower can activate to kill Xantcha, but also can be used to kill other creatures in the mean time.
Also a potentially worthwhile card to help keep you on top while doing all the stacking minor damage to everyone is Vampiric Link. Considering Xantcha has to attack every turn anyway, you can put that aura on her to give her pseudo lifelink, however you'll still gain life from her dealing damage even while you don't control her.
5 months ago
Hmmm... Daretti’s Dragons. When I first saw this name, I didn’t think the deck would work very well, considering that most dragons do not work with artifacts. However, this actually seems like a pretty strong deck, with the artifacts doing all the cool stuff and the dragons coming in late game for lots of damage. Now, I don’t particularly like to play artifacts. I’m sure that many people do, but I just prefer creatures and spells. However, I have experience with dragons, and should be able to give you some good suggestions for that bit of the deck. I would guess that you probably want dragons that interact with artifacts, so here’s what I have for you:
Dragons that do artifact stuff: Covetous Dragon
Other cool dragons you could use:
And some more artifact dragons:
Now, you might use a or a f these, or you might use none of them. I am just giving ideas that you COULD use. So try them out if you want, keep experimenting. Hope this helps! Good luck!