|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Mythic Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Dragons (DRB)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
Flash (You may cast this spell at any time you could cast an instant.)
When Bogardan Hellkite enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures, players and/or planeswalkers.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Tiddilywinkus , Lucretian , Doom_of_Valyria , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , marcus638 , Forkbeard , frederiklw , johnsongrantr , jstn.mrrtt , Ashy , Wolfebladeelite , Msgstallion , Pelli , killstars , Spinalripper , rikertchu , Epidilius , MattN7498 , mziter501 , bpiser95 , BOFH , saj0219 , itheoryz , AcidZephyr , PTsmitty , slemulv , rockleemyhero , silvereh , Xz0mb13x91|
|Want (20)||theHopp , squirrelmeat , rco , BringerOfStorms , kovellen , ElCamino , clongst , GrandeKhan , Lythia , PopeJonIII , afeuling , waptdragon3 , CptnFab , wegotdahooch , AgentCrazyDiamond , rakdos24 , IamWaffleMan , PRO-AUGMANDOO , antivitamin , raespadas|
Bogardan Hellkite Discussion
4 weeks ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
1 month ago
After watching your video and now looking at your decklist, there's one minor, but very important detail I think was missed. If you look at the rules regarding Xantcha on Gatherer, you'll see that if the person you gave Xantcha to dies, then she doesn't go to your command zone, she stays in play under her owner's control without changing zones. So the deck probably wants something more than Miren the Moaning Well to sacrifice her, or some other way to take her out.
A couple thoughts I had that fit perfectly: Bogardan Hellkite, has flash and deals exactly 5 damage, which can kill Xantcha and leave you with a nice sized creature. Kiku, Night's Flower can activate to kill Xantcha, but also can be used to kill other creatures in the mean time.
Also a potentially worthwhile card to help keep you on top while doing all the stacking minor damage to everyone is Vampiric Link. Considering Xantcha has to attack every turn anyway, you can put that aura on her to give her pseudo lifelink, however you'll still gain life from her dealing damage even while you don't control her.
4 months ago
Hmmm... Daretti’s Dragons. When I first saw this name, I didn’t think the deck would work very well, considering that most dragons do not work with artifacts. However, this actually seems like a pretty strong deck, with the artifacts doing all the cool stuff and the dragons coming in late game for lots of damage. Now, I don’t particularly like to play artifacts. I’m sure that many people do, but I just prefer creatures and spells. However, I have experience with dragons, and should be able to give you some good suggestions for that bit of the deck. I would guess that you probably want dragons that interact with artifacts, so here’s what I have for you:
Dragons that do artifact stuff: Covetous Dragon
Other cool dragons you could use:
And some more artifact dragons:
Now, you might use a or a f these, or you might use none of them. I am just giving ideas that you COULD use. So try them out if you want, keep experimenting. Hope this helps! Good luck!
4 months ago
Have you considered Plague Spitter, Maga, Traitor to Mortals, Cryptborn Horror, Harvester of Souls, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Viashino Heretic, Bogardan Hellkite, Myojin of Infinite Rage, Myojin of Night's Reach, or Inferno Titan?
Also, Hammer of Purphoros for more haste?
4 months ago
The biggest drawback for my Kaalia deck is when she hits the field without haste. She eats removal in almost every 4 man pod I have ever played against. Hall of the Bandit Lord is well worth the 3 life loss for her. Also Bastion Protector, Grand Abolisher, Fervor, Hammer of Purphoros and Urabrask the Hidden.
4 months ago
Grand Abolisher is very nice, means Kaalia of the Vast can attack and play an A/D/D on your turn without interference. He is $6 though, so doesn't help your under $200 budget, but you have some room it looks like.
Karmic Guide is pretty cheap, has protection: and has recursion built-in, I really like her, she can be abused too if you choose. Could easily replace Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, he's too random, and can't get your graveyard.
Should also spend the $8 on Master of Cruelties. Instant kill-con.
Archfiend of Depravity is a reasonably good budget demon. Mortify is a good budget removal spell. Aegis Angel is a good budget angel, and protects Kaalia of the Vast. Bladewing the Risen is good budget recursion dragon. None are auto-includes though, but there's some stuff there they could replace.
Hellspark Elemental feels wrong, does he combo something? No synergy.
Battlefield Forge is a budget land that can get rid of some of the "ETB Tapped" lands your running.
Crackling Doom feels in the flavor of this deck because of the red spells you play. Thunderous Wrath is awesome to top deck, but sucks in the hand, can always just burn a player if drawn at a inconvenient time. Bogardan Hellkite also feels kind-of in this flavor too.
Flameblast Dragon won't work if he enters tapped and attacking, you'll have to wait until next turn to activate his ability.
I'm testing Demonlord Belzenlok, I think he's going to work out, I have a feeling.
Necropotence is $6 I believe, but can help with the draw issues.
Hopefully you find something useful here. Nice build. +1.
4 months ago
Ashling the Pilgrim: Doesn't really do anything here. Sure, you can boardwipe, but there are better things for this.
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief Kinda just a goodstuff card, with a commander that doesn't want to be running goodstuff.
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius: Again, why is this here? This ain't a goodstuff deck.
River Kelpie is a trap. I have played this card EXTENSIVELY and I find it to be a "win more" card. It ONLY works when you have your board state set up, whereas Harvester of Souls or Dark Prophecy gives you cards regardless of whether or not the things that died slipped through the cracks.
Finally, why don't you have any sac outlets? Ashnod's Altar, Attrition, ect. I feel like you're not entirely grasping what makes Marchesa powerful. You need to find a way to build around her and abuse all of her abilities. I'm not even recommending my list, just that you look at what stands out about the general and go from there.
5 months ago
Zoetic Cavern - replaced with better land option
Trepanation Blade - doesn't really belong b/c it's not a mil deck
Syphon Flesh - replaced with better wipe option/ not a token deck
Stranglehold - good card, really just inspires a lot of hate in my playgroup (searching for lands
Stoneforge Masterwork - moving away from Counters/ doesn't help kaalia
Scale Blessing - moving away from counters
Righteous Cause - good card, but not a lifegain deck(will probably find its way to my Oloro deck
Prismatic Lens - deck is overflowing with mana ramp and this one doesn't help as much as the others
Master Warcraft - fun card, can't seem to use it efficiently, might add it back in
Lightkeeper of Emeria - Good early blocker, swapped for a fatty, might add it back in
Gleam of Authority - Moving away from counters
Contagion Clasp - moving away from counters
Cathars' Crusade - moving away from counters
Bomb Squad - moving away from counters/swap for fatty
Reya Dawnbringer - recursion
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste option
Karmic Guide - recursion
Swiftfoot Boots - haste option/protect Kaalia
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - more effective aggro
Tainted Field - land upgrade
Merciless Eviction - wipe upgrade
Steel Hellkite - fatty/wipe
Harvester of Souls - card draw
Hallowed Burial - wipe upgrade
Bogardan Hellkite - a lot of options with this fatty(spot removal, aggro, clear small tokens)
Kokusho, the Evening Star - aggro upgrade
Austere Command - wipe upgrade
Rune-Scarred Demon - tutor option