|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Golem
Your life total can't change. (You can't gain or lose life. You can't pay any amount of life except 0.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||warcry02 , NOGzFTW , ThatJaceWannabe , Puzzlemayor , Neos272 , L4DMalus , MTG1814 , Fullmetalmage , kaboomeow , jstn.mrrtt , themindbullet , Fairseas , Kiortio , Harashiohorn , Thunderbeard , Nightdragon779 , Pumpkinking913 , mycheze , zach353 , Wolfebladeelite , metlguy , MagnaAura , Justinaut|
|Want (25)||kovellen , Pardus , xpsychovampx , samuelianstorm , Clones16 , Crivaro , Coopenhagen , Nemesis , theilluminaire , MeteoricChimera , squirrelmeat , Iveliᴓs , Cetriel , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , flipdipple , VampSlayer , RedZebra , bigblue32123 , arthurxisde , Brandamn , BringerOfStorms , imlinuxgeek , Ace_Kavu , BlackyMTG , nathanrcfell|
Platinum Emperion Discussion
12 hours ago
Please use double brackets to link cards you're asking about. For further information check out the formatting tips page.
Safe passage will not save you from Greed's activation cost because Greed does not do damage, you pay life. Damage causes loss of life, but loss of life isn't damage. Furthermore, because the payment of life is in the cost side of the ability, if you can't pay the life because you don't have the life or something is preventing you from doing so (like say, Platinum Emperion) then you cannot activate the ability.
1 day ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
5 days ago
I also suggest you to reconsider some of these cards: Rhystic Study (in 1v1, it can be underwhelming), Overflowing Insight and Mulldrifter (straight up draw spell, good or bad, always have their limits) and Sphinx of Magosi (its just a really basic cards, you can easily find a better engine alternative card somewhere out there.
On another note, if you play with commander damage, I suggest you invest into more voltron-ish play, more equipment and stuff. Otherwise? you should take out Blackblade Reforged and Empyrial Plate (equipment that gives stat boost and no other abilities are fine, but commander's not about the fine, its about the awesome, amirite???).
In anyway, I love straight up mono-color good stuff deck. You have my upvote :D
1 week ago
For around the $30 mark you should certainly be able to get the following cards: Duplicant, Thopter Assembly, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Platinum Angel, Metalwork Colossus, Darksteel Colossus, Colossus of Akros, Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient, Blinkmoth Urn, Pia's Revolution, Buried Ruin, Inventors' Fair, Hellkite Tyrant, Nevinyrral's Disk, Jhoira's Familiar, Foundry Inspector, Thran Temporal Gateway, Copper Gnomes and Unwinding Clock.
I have seen all of these guys do a lot of work for a Daretti deck and all of them are relavtively affordable for this first batch. I did the math and it is around the $30 for all of the above cards on TCGPlayer.
For future upgrades though I will recommend cards like: Rings of Brighthearth, Blightsteel Colossus, Darksteel Forge, Mycosynth Lattice, Platinum Emperion, Vedalken Orrery, Metalworker, Krark-Clan Ironworks Mindslaver, Karn, Scion of Urza and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Hopefully that helps out!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I like the deck. It looks aggressive and fun at the same time, with a bit of randomness due to all the "discard your hand and draw seven cards" effects. Just a few things:
Leyline of Punishment is something of a nonbo with your other damage prevention and lifegain, it seems. Same with Skullcrack. I can see why they're in there, but at the same time they hamper your defenses. Stigma Lasher's ability works better in this regard, so long as someone doesn't hit you with it. Platinum Emperion is also good, as it at least locks your life total in place. I'm curious as to your thoughts for including these pieces?
Also, why Possibility Storm?
3 weeks ago
Cards to try out: