|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Daretti, Scrap Savant
Planeswalker — Daretti
+2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards.
-2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-10: You get an emblem with Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
Daretti, Scrap Savant can be your commander.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||perrin515 , xXThormentXx , hippienproud , L4DMalus , Raknamadak , Espi14 , Lucretian , Clawsun73 , rhinoloupe , NostalgicAce , Va1mar , Dredgar , snackeater , Sparky41 , Candyman949 , , Dyobsemaj , rockleemyhero , Kiortio , mziter501 , Tiddilywinkus , ironax , Justinaut , Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , DruneGrey , jstn.mrrtt , GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (4)||fireborne1986 , KB2187 , gamerhat , SirFowler|
Daretti, Scrap Savant Discussion
1 day ago
this looks like a whole lot of fun already :D Since you have a good deal of things with counters on them, proliferate would be of great help :) you could go for counterspells, burn, or creatures to give you that - so plenty of options there.
Hellkite Igniter is ADORABLE - look at how happy it is :D
Opaline Unicorn is beautiful and very practical.
Ever since I started doing artifact decks Broodstar has held a very special place in my heart :D
Solemn Simulacrum is always a win.
Bosh, Iron Golem can put in a lot of work :)
if you end up with a lot of golem tokens, Tomb of the Spirit Dragon could be very useful.
If you are serious about having angels be part of the deck - there's good old Platinum Angel :)
Those are my 2 cents. Stay frosty!
1 week ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
2 weeks ago
Oh wow, I'm sorry, your correct. I didnt actually read the bottom of Nahiri, the Lithomancer It cleaerly states that it can be your commander.
Currently, the official rules only allow for legendary creatures that are not on the banlist, but a handfull of planeswalkers (all from Commander 2014) include language on the card itself indicating they can be used as a commander: Nahiri, the Lithomancer, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Daretti, Scrap Savant, and Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury. ( My bad)
1 month ago
I have purposely left out all of the mana positive rocks bar Sol Ring to bring the decks power level down to a more acceptable stage for my play group. I don't want people to feel like they can't compete because of my ramp.
Clock of Omens and Voltaic Key are currently in the deck as they combo with Salvaging Station and Sensei's Divining Top as card draw engines to set up for the kill turns. Trinket Mage searches for a good chunk of the deck, so I don't know why you considered it a dead card??? Reshape is in the deck as a way to cheat Lotus Bloom into play. A well known trick which made modern eggs so powerful.
This deck isn't meant to be 100% competitive. Although some of the card choices may make it feel that way. I assure you everything is here for a reason.
1 month ago
I play eggs quite a bit as well, and I think you should put in Workshop Assistant Metalspinner's Puzzleknot, I know that theme of your deck means that you want to slap someone in the face but I think you should consider more options to killing people like Aetherflux Reservoir or Disciple of the Vault.
I think you should put in the Terrarion and Quicksmith Genius (there is a sensei's top and quicksmith combo). I find that I can dump my deck into the graveyard quickly(which is ultimately what an eggs deck wants to do).
Although I find that Quicksmith Genius is to mana intensive to play sometimes.
It might just come from a different vision of the deck but you don't have easy ways to win other than just looping artifacts with pia/jeskai on the board. You don't have easy things like Paradox Engine, Temple Bell, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Basalt Monolith, cheap one mana draw spells.
In addition it seems like you are unable to actually utilize most of the spellbombs because they are too colored mana intensive. You don't run all of the eggs from odyssey that you can. You also don't have any interaction with your opponents. Other than that you basically got eggs down.
1 month ago
An artifact focus is a great way to go with red since it allows you to more easily get around the lack of ramp and draw.
I honestly don't think there is much difference in who you choose I had a deck that ran both and Feldon of the Third Path, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Bosh, Iron Golem. I generally just rolled a die to see who would lead for that game. The core of the deck didn't need to change as most of the artifacts used are used with all of them. Though if I wanted to win Daretti, Scrap Savant was usually the go to simply because he is a toolbox in the command zone.
1 month ago
Hey guys. As some of you may know I'm making a Stitcher Geralf deck and its been going very well. Current list isn't updated because I haven't had all the time I need, but its been good enough that I decided to work on another deck. I've decided to make a deck in each of the mono-colors and already have a Gonti, Lord of Luxury deck to go along with my Stitcher Geralf deck, and have decided to do my favorite color in MTG, but have always been to scared to try, Mono-Red.
We all know Mono-Red is with Mono-White on terms of strength and neither are the best, but I'm a pyromancer and artificer at heart. These two generals I have lying around, after my brother decided he didn't like his daretti LD deck (THANK GOD), and another just from packing it, and I can't decide between the two.
Underplay compared to Daretti and I love me an underplayed general
Rings of Brightheart in the command zone? Uh... sure.
Can easily incoporate Daretti into the deck as a support card
Seems to have a fragile deck
More one directional
Most popular red commander for a reason. Very strong
A planeswalker as a commander is badass.
I love looting so hell yeah +2~
Is a planeswalker (very doubleedged sword here)
Popular and can be hated for fear its a STAX or LD deck
Popular but for a different reason, I'm not the biggest fan of the most popular commanders and I like to go off the beaten path.
Anyone have any advice?
1 month ago
Thank you for your input pjeseb
Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip seems to fit pretty well with what the deck does but I don't really understand what Vraska the Unseen and Vraska, Relic Seeker have to offer in comparison to the threat the pose on the table.
The reason there are so many mana dorks is beacuse I've noticed that is Meren of Clan Nel Toth doesn't hit the table on turn three, she will not affect the game in a meaningful way. The rest, as you assesed, are more for combo pieces.
Mindslicer is really good, but it doesn't really hurt Daretti, Scrap Savant, Arcum Dagsson, Muzzio, Visionary Architect, or Zur the Enchanter. I feel like I would eliminating chances at table politics more than helping my own position.