|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Daretti, Scrap Savant
Planeswalker — Daretti
+2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards.
-2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-10: You get an emblem with “Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.”
Daretti, Scrap Savant can be your commander.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (41)||perrin515 , xXThormentXx , L4DMalus , Raknamadak , Espi14 , Lucretian , Clawsun73 , Dredgar , snackeater , Dyobsemaj , , kaboomeow , sepheroth119 , thorrs , Candyman949 , 2austin5 , mziter501 , BOFH , itheoryz , Sav547 , AcidZephyr , mlouden03 , slemulv , Unlife , Sparky41 , mandoso , ninjaclevs13 , Swamy , Tiddilywinkus , ironax , Justinaut , Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , DruneGrey , jstn.mrrtt , Joblaska , Va1mar , mycheze , hippienproud , Dimarx , Xz0mb13x91|
|Want (41)||pvandy123 , tristanishappy , libraryjoy , kvfd1719 , CorvusAstron , Radish , fireborne1986 , B4rberblacksheep , RoninH3RO , KB2187 , Wizidross , Poggy , Georgez96 , gamerhat , GrandeKhan , marsp44 , pieguy744 , Killuas , ryuzaki32667 , smaps , wonka747 , DeifiedExile , Furiosto , Exo-TheGamingCuber , Hakkai_Requiem , AquaDave , AyyAyyRon , mn6334 , AntiheroFOREVER , coadster , Zeldark , pphhaazzee , CerberAsta , kovellen , L15mrz3k , Kadynsr , TAMA , Benjamin909 , obitus , KingCold999 , grabarzstg|
Daretti, Scrap Savant Discussion
6 days ago
Okay so I have a brew fairly similar to yours, except a few key factors:
1) include more creature removal. Works like a charm against opponents' commanders. Bogardan Hellkite, Spitebellows, Flametongue Kavu, and Firemaw Kavu are all good inclusions. On a related note, Meteor Golem deals with enchantments!
2) not enough land destruction. But that's more of an opinion.
3) you really don't have a lot of ways to get creatures in your graveyard. Try Smuggler's Copter, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Daretti, Scrap Savant, Cathartic Reunion, and finally, Anvil of Bogardan.
Lastly and most importantly, I named mine after food. If you read the description it makes sense. Take a look-
Commander / EDH
5 COMMENTS | 253 VIEWS | IN 4 FOLDERS
1 week ago
Thank you for checking out the deck and taking time to give feedback, Rabid_Wombat This is my favorite edh deck that I've ever made and I took a lot of time contemplating which cards I would put into the deck. Do not think that your comment is invalid, I appreciate it. But, as for the suggestion, I already know about Junk Diver and Myr Retriever. They don't do very much in the ways of board presence and the effects are minimal. We want to accelerate by leaving and putting more stuff in the graveyard, if we need something out, we have Daretti, Scrap Savant. As for the other card, dude I have never seen that before and its a pretty cool card, however it kind of feels like anti-synergy against my deck, and the only reliable way of getting him out is to cheat him out with Daretti, Scrap Savant or Trash for Treasure. So, you're suggestions are not forgotten, and I will consider them, but as for right now, I do not see a need to make these changes. Once again thanks for the upvote and wisdom. Have a good one dude! :)
3 weeks ago
Hello ^^ I haven't put my version in tappedout yet, but I'll do it as soon as I can! The changes I tried over your version are minimal for now. I'll list them one by one:
1) in Loyal Apprentice, out Young Pyromancer. The few times I've played pyromancer I haven't been impressed at all, while the apprentice have been an overperformer. Maybe it's a matter of playstyle, but I've come to appreciate haste a lot. I was also considering taking out Thorn of Amethyst so it's probably worth to have pyromancer instead, as cheap token producers are very good in this deck, although I'm still not quite sure if pyromancer scales as well as apprentice as the game goes on; apprentice topthers having haste and flying is huge to push in grenzo triggers.
2) Took off Moggcatcher for Glorybringer. As an standard red player I've been consistently impressed with the dragon. The way I see it, it's a heavy hitter, able to push in damage and get grenzo triggers on late game fast, that sometimes kills stuff. I haven't drawn it yet so I'm gonna consider this a flexible slot, and try some other alternatives over time. Stolen Strategy feels also like a good replacement for moggcatcher, as both are grindy cards.
3) took off Sandstone Oracle for Chandra, Flamecaller. I see why the oracle is here: helps catching up, can't be easily casted with our colorless fast mana, has a nice flying body, and can be quite grindy with Daretti, Scrap Savant or Goblin Welder. However, in my experience it rarely does enough if you are not in a dedicated Daretti deck. 7 mana is a lot and unless you have some player going crazy on the table, the draw etb is not that good if you can't consistently recurr it. The fact that it dies to artifact removal is huge too. Put in Chandra instead cause is 1 mana less, the 0 ability is a very consistent way to get you cards, the tokens she produces have haste and help with grenzo triggers (they are also great sac fodder, and as Spawning Pit has been super good the few times I've play it, I'm super happy to have more psinergy with it), they close games very quickly too. Chandra also is a board wipe in a pinch and very good to have in play when you Jokulhaups. I still haven't got to draw an play the card but as the deck generates lotta tokens to defend her, I feel it's gonna be decent, what do you think?
3) Alternatives to Mishra's Workshop. Put in Temple of the False God cause it felt similar, but it leds to some feel bad moments so I'm considering taking it off. Crystal Vein is always a mana source that can give you a burst when needed, and Scavenger Grounds doesn't ramp you but it's such and easy inclusion to hate on graveyards, something the deck lacks.
General considerations! Man I miss Chaos Warp so much in this deck. It's an answer to Ghostly Prison effects that are very bad for us, walkers that bolt can't hit, indestructible eldrazis, stuff that our damage base removal can't kill... I feel those represent the three things this decks is weaker against: ramp to big creatures strategies, dedicated token strategies (with green) and pillow fort. The last feels less problematic cause generally pillow forts are annoying to everyone on the table so other players are gonna also throw removal at them. But I feel we are kinda hopeless against lotta big dudes cause almost none of our removal can si anything about them and our creatures are to small to trade. Token strategies present a wall of chunk blockers that's hard to attack into, that eventually get very big and ran over you quite easily.
I'm putting cards like glorybringer or chandra in the deck to be able to disrupt those strategies and kill them as quickly as possible. I just wanna as much cards that can act as removal as I can get Xd so I have Mizzium Mortars, Subterranean Tremors and Umezawa's Jitte in my radar. The freaking jitte is in my binder looking at my with puppy eyes asking me to play it, such a great card, does so much! Bolt is the card I'd maybe take off for any of those but I'm still not sure at all. And sorry for the wall of text. I love the deck and I'm putting a lot os thought and work into it :P Tell me what you think. Did you consider any of these cards?
4 weeks ago
Daretti, Scrap Savant isn't legal in modern, might want to label this as casual
4 weeks ago
Playtesting a few changes:
Reforge the Soul out for future Experimental Frenzy.
Price of Glory out for Mycosynth Lattice - This is an odd switch, but I haven't really been feeling the impact of PoG for a long time. Putting in the lattice is more for trolling my playgroup than anything, but it just so happens to have some hilarious interactions. Of course it makes Vandalblast amazing (and dangerous for another person to cast, but it is very rare in my playgroup). It also makes Daretti, Scrap Savant, Goblin Welder, and //static.tappedout.net/cache/02/89/0289bd00ec63de74a0c78910e877013b.pngGoblin Thrashmaster better. Ashnod's Altar becomes much stronger ramp when I don't need to make red mana anymore.
The most fun interaction though comes in the form of Treasure Nabber. With the Lattice out, when opponents tap their lands it means I gain control of them at the end of their turn, and if I have Blood Moon or Magus of the Moon out I can sacrifice all the non-basics and the regular mountains to make Goblins!
A lot of my future changes, and a lot of my past changes for that matter, would be considered "sub-optimal", but what I've found is that playing into the politics of EDH and having rare or surprising effects has gone in my favor a lot more than brute token generating efficiency ever did. This means that my deck is constantly in flux, but it is more fresh that way, and I don't get bored with it that often.
1 month ago
- Retrofitter Foundry
- Whirler Rogue
- Echo Storm
- Maverick Thopterist
- Psychosis Crawler
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Hellkite Igniter
- Into the Roil
- Enchanter's Bane
- Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
- Endless Atlas
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Reverse Engineer
- Prismatic Lens
- Vessel of Endless Rest
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Daretti, Scrap Savant
- Goblin Welder
- Trading Post
- The Antiquities War
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Mizzium Transreliquat
- Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mechanized Production
- Clock of Omens
- Sai, Master Thopterist
- Whir of Invention
- Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
- Shimmer Myr
- Grand Architect
- Storm the Vault
1 month ago
Personally I would cut:
- Pia and Kiran Nalaar --> I think Siege-Gang Commander is a better choice, because he makes an additional token and his sac ability is cheaper
- Tyrant of Discord --> His ability is probably too random
- Dross Scorpion --> This will mostly untap manarocks, which is too weak for 4 mana
- Karn Liberated --> i think Spine of Ish Sah would be better with all the artifact synergies
- Anarchist --> I'm not sure about it but i think that 9 sorceries are to few
- Myr Retriever --> It does the same thing as Daretti, Scrap Savant and Goblin Welder, only worse
I would add:
- Flametongue Kavu: A really strong effect for only 4 mana
- Dismissive Pyromancer: A looter and Feldon target in 1 card and it only costs 2 mana
- Spitebellows: Evoke works nicely with Feldon and 6 damage kills most creatures
- Bedlam Reveler: I'm not sure if he's good here, but I think it's worth a try
- Avalanche Riders: Recurable Land destruction and it gets into the grave without looting/sacrificing
- Filigree Familiar:A mini Solemn Simulacrum
- Clone Shell: I don't know if that's maybe to random, but it looks fun