Creature — Cat Soldier
As long as Sunspear Shikari is equipped, it has first strike and lifelink.
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sunspear Shikari Discussion
1 month ago
Keeper of Fables seems like it should be right at home in your deck.
overall, a solid deck, lots of enchantment / artifact removal, which tends to be a weak point for alot of decks.
other odd suggestions:
5 months ago
I'd encourage you to consider making this a more midrange-y deck, trying to outlast aggro with a sideboard to withstand control. I organized my suggestions by matchup so that you can decide what might fit best in the meta you're up against.
Whirza: Only Disenchant can hope to save you.
Creature-Based (humans, hardened scales, etc.): Godsend is a massive rattlesnake, Sword of Fire and Ice can kill a surprising amount of things, Novice Knight can eat a surprising amount of things, Leonin Den-Guard can block SO many things, and Kitesail Apprentice can get above most decks in modern. Worth noting that Stone Haven Outfitter can make trading just awful for your opponents. Path to Exile is kind of a necessity as well.
Removal-based (the rock, azorius control, etc.): Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots are decent protection, and Stone Haven Outfitter to make opponents hesitant to kill and to pump everyone, thereby forcing the opponent to bite the bullet, kill your fellas, and lose the card advantage.
Tron: Hedron Blade . No, I am not joking. Find your least relevant creature, trade it for the opponent's Wurmcoil or huge Eldrazi or etc. Definitely not ideal but tron is a tough matchup, especially in no-land-destruction white. Path to Exile is also really good in these matchcups.
You by no means want to include all of these, I understand that under half of these are likely to be relevant. But find the ones that are, and seriously consider incorporating them.
7 months ago
Mostly to improve protection for Sram on T2
10 months ago
total= 14.71 save $0.29
UsagiBlade on meow
10 months ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet
1 year ago
Hey, so I don't entirely know the restrictions on pauper commander, but the flipside of Loyal Cathar Flip is color identity black, meaning it's outside Tiana's color identity. You could replace it with another equipment-centric creature, such as Goblin Gaveleer , Skyhunter Cub , Sunspear Shikari , or Training Drone . Happy brewing, hope it works the way you want!
1 year ago
Found a few cards I wasn’t looking for when I was browsing through a shops blue rare boxes and had to grab them to add them to some decks, this being one of those decks...