|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Target opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a creature card. That player puts all noncreature cards revealed this way into his or her graveyard, then you put the creature card onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Telemin Performance Discussion
4 hours ago
I would definitely have 5+ consistent ways to copy instants/sorceries, because she gets crazy with them. I specifically added ones that I don't think are listed on EDHREC for her:
1 day ago
I'm currently procrastinating, so I have more suggestions.
- Drift of Phantasms - A flying wall that can alternatively tutor for any 3 mana card
- Fog Bank - Not indestructible, but perhaps call it impervious
- Glyph of Delusion - Seems good in a deck with a lot of walls
- Glyph of Doom - A 1 mana Murder
- Hightide Hermit - Crab crab crab
- Oona's Gatewarden - 1 mana, flying, wither. And she's sassy.
- Isleback Spawn - I mean, the goal is to get your opponents to 0 cards which is definitely less than 20
- Wall of Junk - High toughness at low CMC
- Telemin Performance - Milling and stealing, all around excellent
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Often used as an ocean-denizen or mill commander but still effective as a normal creature
- Bojuka Bog - Milling your opponents won't work if they Elixir of Immortality or something, this prevents that
- Tormod's Crypt - Same as Bojuka Bog but as an artifact
1 month ago
Because the Formatting doesn't want to work in the edits section:
2 months ago
2 months ago
well, to name a few;
4 months ago
4 months ago
Looking good :D There are definitely a ton of chaos effects, so while I would drop Order of Succession, Mindmoil, Telemin Performance, and Witch Hunt for Endless Whispers, Yidris and Friends, Psychic Battle, and Perplexing Chimera, it really depends on what type(s) of chaos you want to cause, and how much of each type if multiple types. I find using the custom categories to be very helpful in looking at the deck to see what effects I have too much of and what I don't have enough of. For example, you could aim for 10 cards that draw you more, 10 cards that ramp and smooth your mana, 7 chaos cards that switch control of stuff, 7 chaos cards that make people's instant/sorceries target different things than what they want or get copied, 7 aikido cards, 3 board wipes, 4 cards that protect your stuff, 7 cards that change board states drastically, and 7 cards that help you cast more stuff. Those number can be tweaked as the deck is built, but building it that way let's your decision making be easier (it's easier to cut a card from 7 slots than from 62 slots), and ensure that you don't have a hand full of cards that all do the same thing that isn't chaotic enough for a particular board state (diversification is easier when you know what diverse effects you want).
Also, I will say that with only four white cards in the deck, I would be thinking about whether or not I want to change the commander to the aforementioned Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder for chaos in the command zone and a bit of an easier time with mana.
4 months ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!