|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Epochrasite enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't cast it from your hand.
When Epochrasite dies, exile it with three time counters on it and it gains suspend. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast this card without paying its mana cost. It has haste.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Tiddilywinkus , ironax , sonnet666 , Lucretian , gosora , pskinn01 , HR19 , Va1mar , , PTsmitty , Hootiequack , maR2307 , mziter501 , darthnuchi , Ashy , GeminiSpartanX|
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
id cut Phyrexian Colossus and Epochrasite seem pretty weak, youd be better cutting them for more ramp, getting double Dreamstone Hedron could be juicy or its little bro Hedron Archive or the smallest brother Mind Stone
1 month ago
If you want some late game punch, the trick with Alesha is to run creatures who are much bigger than their printed stats suggest! For instance, Arcbound Overseer, Clockwork Dragon, Sewer Nemesis and Ignition Team all have 0 power while they're in the graveyard, but much more when they come into play. It can almost feel dirty, but nothing beats the feeling of paying two mana to reanimate your Pentavus.
Other creatures worth considering include Garza's Assassin (you can kill a creature every turn!), Thought Gorger for the potential size and ability to discard other reanimation targets, Ravenous Baboons, Herald of Leshrac, Flayer of the Hatebound, Epochrasite, Clone Shell, Bone Shredder, Nighthowler, Murderous Redcap... plenty of nasty creatures that have good synergy with Alesha.
2 months ago
In any case, Darksteel Forge, Nevinyrral's Disk, Hedron Archive, Mind's Eye, Foundry Inspector, Quicksmith Genius, Epochrasite, Anger, Cathodion, Volcanic Offering, Trash for Treasure, Wayfarer's Bauble, Blinkmoth Urn, and Skullclamp are all cards worth at least considering.
2 months ago
I jsut tried and I really like this deck, its quirky. So except for lands which I am not a master on, and you land base is okay if just a little slow. Here is what I'd add:
Ancestral Vision - Why not?
Eternal Witness - to save your Haze if removed
Chronomantic Escape - Thematic, and with a copy of haze can be cast lots ;)
Crescendo of War - I found I had a lot of creatures out, could be risky though if you struggle to maintain the board.
Curse of the Cabal - can be scary quickly
Darksteel Reactor - alt win con
Deadbridge Chant - maybe? I just like this card tbh
Rise of the Dark Realms - another win con
Delay - I hear counters are good?
Epochrasite - early game
Sidisi, Undead Vizier instead of demonic tutor
Honden of Life's Web cos shrines
And any eldrazi titan, Or mana drain cos I found I was floating lots late game. And why not have something beastie to scare them away?
3 months ago
If you want to have this as another theme in the deck, Grave Pact would benefit from sacrificing creatures, but first, I'll list out a few creatures you could use.
Nether Traitor is a useful card. Although probably better in other formats, where you can keep chaining 2 of them, it still has a really easy way of recursion. Especially if you sacrifice a creature that has it's own way of returning.
Doomed Necromancer is a card that can return just about any creature, which can be helpful.
Epochrasite is a useful creature to sacrifice. It has a consistent way of returning, and has it's own benefit from dying. If you can't win off of impact tremors or blood artist, you can always just get a very strong epoch and kill your opponents.
Geralf's Messenger has a one time recursion, but will get stronger after the counter is placed.
Of course, an easy way of giving recursion is to run 2 cards, which happen to fit your colors. Cauldron of Souls, and Solemnity. after giving your creatures persist, you can sacrifice all your creatures and get everything back. If you had an impact tremors, or a blood artist, or both, you probably won the game, or is close to. The only thing about solemnity is that it screws up any card reliant on counters, and I believe it also screws up Epochrasite if you choose to run that. Of course, this is a singleton deck, so you should be fine running each of those.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?