Artifact Creature — Construct
Epochrasite enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't cast it from your hand.
When Epochrasite dies, exile it with three time counters on it and it gains suspend. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast this card without paying its mana cost. It has haste.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 months ago
2 months ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?
3 months ago
Not too few, but the 4 costing artifact creatures would need to be cast after Arcum for maximum efficiency. I'd think you need as low costing artifact creatures as possible, but not to a detriment. Liquimetal Coating might be able to help with the non-artifact creatures, but even that can be slow.
3 months ago
i really really Love Epochrasite. chump blocker in the early game without blink (that turns into a 4/4 eventually), and a easy 4/4 with a blink, for 2 colorless mana. it would seem like card disadvantage, but Mulldrifter+blink easily refills your hand. try it!!!
4 months ago
Panharmonicon Martyr's Cause Restoration Angel Asceticism Avenger of Zendikar Woodfall Primus Harmonic Sliver Timely Hordemate Icatian Moneychanger Simic Basilisk Naya Soulbeast Bane of Progress Caller of the Claw Epochrasite Skullwinder Terastodon Swords to Plowshares Tooth and Nail Aura Shards Frankie Peanuts Celestial Convergence Floral Spuzzem
just some random cards that looked funny XD
4 months ago
Some more cards I think you can cut:
None of these cards feel like they do enough in the deck to warrant a spot.
5 months ago
I'm pretty sure the myriad copies would be 4/4 (1/1 plus 3 +1/+1 counters) seeing as they were not cast from the hand. But lets say my opponent blocks 1 myriad copy with a 5/5 (or higher) creature. Seeing as the token will die do you still suspend it? Does it simply disappear at the end of combat? What exactly happens to it? Do you keep the epochrasite copies?
6 months ago
pet_snake: I merely summoned people I already knew to be good deckbuilders - thank you for joining the party of your own volition. Your insights into this deck are brilliant: mind if I tag you next time that I'm brewing a deck? :)
Now, on to my actual responses to your comment!
Based on the limited testing I've done so far, I like how Hangarback Walker and Bloodline Keeper Flip work in the deck. For the former, a T2 Walker for X=1 followed by T3 Yahenni is a strong start (giving me a guaranteed two indestructible triggers, and allowing me to slowly amass an army "inside" the Walker). Same with the T3 Yahenni, T4 Keeper pairing (Keeper also gives me flying blockers, which can be a big deal). The back side of Keeper is pretty handy, too, since it spits out flying 4/4s every turn and boosts Yahenni herself.
I think you may be right about several of the others. I'm still on the fence about Pawn of Ulamog, but the others are strong cuts. Thanks for pointing those out!
I really like Harvester of Souls in general. He turns my many board wipes asymmetrical - we both have no field, but I end up with significantly more cards in hand (in addition to my commander who sticks around). I haven't drawn Blood Artist in my testing yet, so let me get back to you on his inclusion.
Mimic Vat is an amazing idea and I'm embarrassed that I neglected to include it. I generally find Epochrasite to be a bit too slow - it sticks around, sure, but only comes back every 3 turns. Nether Traitor is a good idea, but I'd play Bloodghast before I'd include Traitor. And I honestly just don't like Demon of Dark Schemes (aka Slim Shady) much - I find energy to be parasitic, and having Massacre Wurm in here is usually better.
Bane of the Living is pretty great, and I can sac it to make Yahenni indestructible after I unmorph it. That has to go in here...
Tombstone Stairwell is something of a pet card. I acknowledge that occasionally it will kill me, but each of those tokens dies at EOT and they're generated every turn for every player. If I cast it in the late game, Yahenni will grow so large that it isn't even funny. Maybe I should include Disciple of Bolas to "recycle" a large Yahenni...
I am also thinking about cutting Hellfire, but more because of the $20 price tag and because I need the slots. I think for now it'll stick, though, because one-sided board wipes are hard to come by. And if the board is empty, I'll be able to swing for enough damage to make up for my life loss. I don't play in extremely token heavy metas currently, so I don't expect to kill myself off of it.
Rogue's Passage is very neat, and 100% immediately deserves a slot. I'm again miffed that I forgot to include it myself, lol. I'm iffy on Mirrorpool, though, since I can't generate colorless mana reliably enough.
Thank you, very very VERY much, for your comment. Mind if I tag you in the future to get your thoughts on other decks? :)