Creature — Goblin Warrior Ally
Surge (You may cast this spell for its surge cost if you or a teammate has cast another spell this turn.)
When Reckless Bushwhacker enters the battlefield, if its surge cost was paid, other creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain haste until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reckless Bushwhacker occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Reckless Bushwhacker Discussion
14 hours ago
I played a similar deck using spare cards from a family friend's collection, and it is good!
1 month ago
Have you thought of Captain Lannery Storm? It seems like a really good aggresive creature for the deck. Also, i dont think rig crew is worth running in the deck, since this seems like a really aggressive deck and 3 mana for those stats are really not worth it. Maybe something like Goblin Instigator to make tokens and trigger impact tremors. Its much more aggressive and cheaper. Reckless Bushwhacker might be a really good finisher for the deck because of how wide it goes.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey dude thanks for the feedback! i really like Icon of Ancestrywill add it, the goblin digging of it is really neat...Kaervek's Torch is cool cause the extra 2 mana for counter! add it!...i dont like Stoke the Flames cause if goblins arent being sac´d theyll be attacking :S I do realize that Krenko is gonna have a bullseye in his head so i did put some haste givers like Fervor, Swiftfoot Boots,Goblin Bushwhacker, Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Warchief and Reckless Bushwhacker....i didnt add Lightning Greaves cause of the tag price, its a bit high and im trying to make this deck as cheap as possible!
2 months ago
- Lightning greaves is a card to use or or you use something like momentrary blink. You get an etb and the orginal target no longer exists which means the spell fizzles. If you want it on an elemental creature: Flickerwisp.
- The downside to greaves its an artifact that does nothing turn 2. Artifact hate is easy to come by in green, red, (white), and in its own way blue. The match ups where it comes into play like jund will be able to get these affects no problem. equipping is also sorcery speed, so even if they cant remove the artifact they can wait for a target, or for you to cast a spell and now your out of luck.
- the goal is to cast Smokebraider and then activate it soon. Say you play it turn 2 and you can activate it turn 3. Well if you cast greaves turn 2 then you have to wait till turn 3 to cast Smokebraider, leaving you in the same spot.
- Clout of the Dominus might be better than boots for you.
- Reckless Bushwhacker is a source of hast you already have. I dont see a way to speed the deck up faster although itd be nice. It might not be even necessary being you can just keep bring back maw every turn.
2 months ago
Okay so here are my present considerations:
For main board, Grapeshot may be better than Reckless Bushwhacker. It's just harder to interact with. Usually the Whack's not gonna get countered, as I save him a Cavern of Souls, but Wurmcoil Engine or Dredge's enormous board states do make my life super annoying when I go off. The more I think about it, yeah. Grapeshot's in.
And here are the options I'm looking at for sideboards:
Fulminator Mage: I don't need it against tron; this deck just dominates tron. Tron usually plays a big thing on turn 3 and if I have the play I can often win on 4, and if I don't I just chump-block forever. I may, however, need this card against the other popular deck that runs Amulet of Vigor. Thoughts?
Lightning Bolt or Dismember: my deck has no interaction and some creatures warrant interaction. Right? What creatures am I worried about? Arbor Elf? Urza, Lord High Artificer? Batterskull? Yeah Imma probably run Dismember, if anything.
Tormod's Crypt... yeah Dredge is a bitch, and basically my only solution is to race them. Or... to run Crypt.
3 months ago
I've faced similar decks on MTGO and I was thinking of building one. My ideas were to replace the four Goblin Rabblemaster with three Kari Zev, Skyship Raider and the two Chandra, Acolyte of Flame with three Reckless Bushwhacker. This lowers the curve and financial investment of the deck. It also makes the plan B stronger. Also, replacing two Mountain with two Castle Embereth pretty much seems like a free roll.
It's an old thread, but I appreciated the effort on the deck tech, so I thought I'd put in my thoughts.
4 months ago
I've played many a Reckless Bushwhacker in my time. It is a very strong card. To make it work best I would recommend more creatures, especially 1 drops, maybe Zurgo Bellstriker, or Grim Initiate. I don't know if spending turn 3 playing Icon of Ancestry is worth it. But hey, that's just my opinion. :) Overall kool deck