As an additional cost to cast Magmatic Insight, discard a land card.
Draw two cards.
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Magmatic Insight occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Magmatic Insight Discussion
5 days ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
6 days ago
I love the idea of mill and I’m going to play test your deck to see how fast you would deck the opponent.
1 month ago
Maybe instead of Magmatic Insight you could add Lightning Axe for dealing with other creatures, or Tormenting Voice if you want the card draw. The reason for this is that, if you draw an emrakul, you need a discard outlet.
2 months ago
Magmatic Insight could help lower your mana curve. It’s sorcery speed though so I don’t know how helpful that would actually be without play testing.
2 months ago
So, after finally getting some rest (averaging between 2-3 hours of sleep per night, crazy work shifts) I been thinking. Now correct me if i'm wrong here.
Doomsday Stack. From my understanding you're going to Dark Ritual into Doomsday . Now you need a card to draw into that stack. Thus, needing a card such as Night's Whisper , let's say this is in hand(or any other card as such); Now we can draw into the Doomsday pile, which then the stack will look like:
Leonin Relic-Warder (Discard)
that's a total of CMC5, . This is all assuming you're not going to wait until your next turn to draw into that stack. I was under the impression this is what will be done in 1 turn to end the game. Now if you are going to wait until your next turn to draw into the stack, then we can just dump this pile.
If you were to wait a turn to begin the draw, depending if there is a land in hand, you can replace Street Wraith with Magmatic Insight which will bring the stack to a total CMC6, . But now it comes with the a cost of trying to find a home for Magmatic Insight
4 months ago
If you want the draw/digging over the discard, then Magmatic Insight isn’t terrible.
4 months ago
Have you considered Magmatic Insight ? I know it isn't faithless looting but it is a 1 cmc cantrip that gets rid of unnecessary lands in your hand.