Creature — Goblin Rogue
, Discard a card: Draw a card.
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Rummaging Goblin occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Rummaging Goblin Discussion
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 month ago
Artifact - Vehicle
Whenever you loot or rummage, you may exile the card(s) discarded this way underneath Shopping Cart.
Whenever Shopping Cart attacks, until end of turn you may cast the cards exiled underneath Shopping Cart.
0 / 1
I wanted to go further and see if I could make a balanced zero-cost vehicle...
I know looting and rummaging arent technically keywords, but trying to fit it neatly into text otherwise is hard, without dragging it out paragraph after paragraph (and I dont want the card to catch all discards). (if you're not familiar with the colloquial terms looting and rummaging, it's basically Merfolk Looter and Rummaging Goblin 's abilities, which we see time and time again on so many cards.) So this cart has a good ability... its drawback is that you have to attack with it to use it.
Another zero-cost artifact!
1 month ago
-1 Rummaging Goblin +1 Merchant of the Vale : The instant and 1 costed loot effct is relevant and then you can cast him to still get the looter, which you can use right away, as he doesnt need to tap.
-1 Tectonic Reformation +1 Shenanigans : Not so sure that a mono red deck can afford to discard lands, so its a possible card to substitue for shenanigans, which is reusable artifact hate thanks to dredge 1 which is very very good in this deck.
2 months ago
nataku Agreed. They do work with other creatures such as Moggcatcher (which I need to purchase and add) Goblin Sharpshooter and Rummaging Goblin . For that they might be worth running at the risk of a dead draw.
Had Heartstone in a one point to reduce Pashalik's cost. However it's symmetrical and only a few creatures benefit.
7 months ago
There are some cards that are strictly better than the ones you are already running.
7 months ago
Honestly? I don't really like any of these except for Clock + Key, and that's only in a deck that's heavily artifact based.
This is largely dependent on how much functionality Clock of Omens and Key to the City already have in your deck. If there are a lot of splashy artifacts you want to untap and a lot of scary creatures you want to connect with, then I'd say play it, but that sounds like it's two different decks. If you have to hunt around for two different artifacts that don't do much on their own just to spend 2 or more mana per card (you have better things to do with your rocks usually), then this is kind of meh.
The per card really kills this one. Paradox Engine + Rummaging Goblin will let you rummage forever pretty much for free. There are several other untap effects in red you could work with. Aura versions of creature effects are much less versatile than just running the creature version, and Pili-Pala has very limited usefulness in these colors.
I'm always a critic of group hug effects. Giving your opponent cards in EDH is like handing the enemy ammunition in war. It's just a bad idea. If your opponent is running green and has a ton of mana, you won't be outpacing them in draws no matter how many treasures they give you. ( Smothering Tithe is, of course, still a great card.)
This might be : draw a card if your opponent exists, but Mind's Eye is also : draw a card if your opponent exists, and Mind's Eye is a single card. What reason do most decks have to run Norin the Wary ? I've never played him in anything outside of Purphoros, God of the Forge .
I don't really see how any of these come close to Skullclamp + creatures, and Red/White is the best color identity to tutor an equipment.
8 months ago
TypicalTimmy Just curious; where's the rule about the planeswalker card using the subtype to determine whether or not you can use an ability? I couldn't find it; all I could see was that it was the same permanent. Is there currently a planeswalker that changes subtype when it transforms?
Assuming for the moment that you can't activate both sides of it in a single turn, I think they'd currently look like this. I'm keeping my weird mana cost, just because I like it.
Sorin, Out for Blood
Legendary Planeswalker - Sorin
You may have this card enter the battlefield transformed.
+1: Each player discards a card. Draw cards equal to half the number of cards discarded this way, rounded up.
0: Gain life equal to Sorin, Out for Blood's loyalty, then transform it.
-X: You may tap up to X creatures you control. Creatures you don't control get -1/-1 until end of turn for each creature tapped this way.
Nahiri, Heart of Stone
Legendary Planeswalker - Nahiri
As long as it's your turn, Nahiri, Heart of Stone is a 4/4 Kor Ally creature with menace and indestructible that's still a planeswalker.
+1: Deal 2 damage to target planeswalker or each opponent. You may transform Nahiri, Heart of Stone
-X: Tap Nahiri, Heart of Stone. X target creatures you control get +1/+1 for each mountain you control.
So, - changing Sorin's +1 to make him a Rummaging Goblin in 1v1 and Tormenting Voice in EDH/Oathbreaker - Nahiri stays legendary as a creature - replace Nahiri's -X with the +1/+1 bonus for mountains