Whenever a creature is dealt damage, Repercussion deals that much damage to that creature's controller.
Printings View all
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Repercussion occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
2 days ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
4 days ago
My regular playgroup made a "no two-card infinites" rule (this deck didn't have any so it didn't effect me), but a long time ago when I had a few 3+ card infinite mana combos (mostly built around Mana Echoes ) and a few infinite Goblin generators (Krenko + Thornbite Staff , Goblin Warrens + infinite mana, etc..) I realized I had a lot more fun winning or losing through combat than I did with any of my infinite combos. Especially with Ib as a commander and the path this deck has followed since I started it, I definitely wanted the focus to be on combat shenanigans, even it meant working a lot harder to do win (dealing 120+ damage in a game isn't always easy!), or giving up on a few easy wins out of nowhere.
Personally no infinite I ever cast felt better than a Blasphemous Act + sac outlet win, wiping a table off the back of Repercussion , or going all into a Price of Progress / Acidic Soil combo after saccing all of my lands.
I still like something like Aggravated Assault a lot as it is a nice boost to combat on its own, but if you get the right 10+ cards/creatures on the battlefield it will go infinite in this deck as well. That's the kind of convoluted, hard to follow type of infinite that I like to pull off. Plus, no one really gets butthurt when it takes you 10+ cards to do it!
2 weeks ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Mask of Memory , Bestial Fury , Ferocity , Laccolith Rig , Banshee's Blade , Specter's Shroud , Keen Sense , Kusari-Gama , Repercussion , Genesis Chamber , Druid's Call , Seed the Land , Nacatl War-Pride , Fumiko the Lowblood , Curse of Opulence , Curse of Stalked Prey .
3 weeks ago
Double check what Sun Titan can get. I suspect most of your CMC 3 or less things are instants or mana ramp that won't be destroyed in general.
1 month ago
Torbran, Thane of Red Fell is my favorite deck right now. I've found it very hard to keep him out, as I run more 'all creatures' damage. He's also super hungry for mana.
I like to run Pyrohemia and Sword of Fire and Ice / Sword of Sinew and Steel to protect him. My favorite play ever with Torbran is having him, Repercussion , and Pyrohemia out. Paying a red to do 3 damage to each opposing creature and 5 damage to each opponent for each creature they control is nasty, and you only do 1 damage to you and your creatures each time. Those are the kinda things that make this deck so fun, it's just not very consistent. Maybe you've had better luck?
I've had good luck with Embermaw Hellion . Having another source of additive damage has been valuable on multiple occasions, but I go heavy into the doubling effects too with Furnace of Rath and Dictate of the Twin Gods .
Today is a good day.
I definitely expected the first incarnation of this deck to play more as burn and was surprised by the stax-y vibe it has in practice.
I took a pretty hard turn from single target spells like Lightning Bolt . I haven't run into too many hard choices between hitting everything or keeping my board, but I run less creatures. There have definitely been times I've /wanted/ to have a single target spell.
Anywho, awesome deck and I hope it does well for you. I'm definitely going to see what cards I could see playing from yours that I'm not in my own.
1 month ago
I'm interested in creating a R/W/B bleed deck and need a little advice regarding the right ratio of cards.
What proportion of protection / pillow fort cards should I keep to damage? Do you have any other suggestions for this?
1 month ago
king-saproling I do like Shifting Shadow this would help with the consistency of getting stuffy out. Pariah's Shield was included in my hand written list but I must have overlooked it, so that's definitely has to go in. Repercussion was thought of, but I can't afford taking the damage to myself with my Stuffy Doll and the clones I make of Stuffy.
As for the others, I don't see them fitting in this deck with it's focus on getting Nin to burn my Dolls and the Clones.
I greatly appreciate the suggestions, it helps me look at the deck in a different way. Thank you!
1 month ago
Cool deck! What do you think of these? Shifting Shadow , Magebane Armor , Hammer of Nazahn , Needletooth Raptor , Silverclad Ferocidons , Coalhauler Swine , Mogg Maniac , Spiteful Sliver , Pariah's Shield , Repercussion , Illusory Ambusher , Deep-Slumber Titan , Chain Reaction , Trove of Temptation , Braid of Fire