Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
Draw a card.
|Want (2)||surpriselizard , Obsydyn|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Expedite occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
1 week ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 month ago
2 months ago
Dango: I had seen a list of decks specifically with All Legal Commanders Gain Partner (LabManiacs) which featured a Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder + Zada, Hedron Grinder list. It did exactly what you were describing using Young Pyromancer / Empty the Warrens and then drawing something like 18 cards off Expedite effects. Deck if you're interested: Zada+Yidris
2 months ago
Realistically I would probably say Zada, Hedron Grinder and maybe something like Najeela, the Blade-Blossom for access to five colors and exponentially put more dudes on board to Expedite and profit. Otherwise a stormy commander like Yidris might put in solid work for Zada. Maybe that's the degenerate in me saying that, but 5 color Zada seems nutty.
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions clayperce. I haven't had a chance to play the deck, but I plan on hitting up a Pioneer event at my LGS this Wednesday.
- I 100% understand your pain with Rootbound Crag . I may consider dropping it as you did before I play on Wednesday. I'm playing a little riskier at 19 lands, but I'm hoping the Servant of the Conduit will help accelerate me.
- Maximize Velocity is there primarily for the haste. I just looked up some other similar 1-CMC options to give our buddy haste: Cartouche of Zeal (or it's clone, Hammerhand , Claim the Firstborn , Expedite , Fervent Strike , Messenger's Speed , and Samut's Sprint . I'll have to see how the format lines up with removal to re-evaluate if I need the hastiness. I am considering swapping in 1x Rhonas the Indomitable for 1x Maximize Velocity .
- I would have several Veil of Summer in the sideboard if I had them. Instead, I've added Heroic Intervention ($$, but I already own a playset) and Ranger's Guile , the poor sibling of Blossoming Defense for more spot-defense.
I'll let you know how the sideboard works out on Wednesday. Aethersphere Harvester is there to out-gun any burn-based decks. Rhythm of the Wild might also be a good option for me to replace the second Maximize Velocity in the main deck.
FYI, I will probably brew a UG version to see if those colors still hold some opportunities, maybe even bring in back to Temur. But with the price of Mana Confluence , the mana base may struggle to fit the requirements.
2 months ago
Loved UR prowess when it was in standard, and to start you have too many creatures and lands. 16 creatures and 18 lands I found to be efficient at the time using cantrips such as Slip Through Space and Expedite .
So I looked through some pioneer legal UR stuff and here's what I came up with:
Baral, Chief of Compliance was a neat find, lowering the cost of your spells, and turning any counterspell into a cantrip. This I think would allow you to run more counters to protect your creatures while keeping cards in hand. I think I'd go with 2-3 copies because Legendary if you do. Extras can be discarded with spells or abilities or held as backup.
Prowess works with non creature spells, so if you don't mind sorcery speed buffs that cantrip or draw when you connect these auras may be for you; Curious Obsession , Cartouche of Knowledge , Fate Foretold , and Ordeal of Thassa .
For spells Opt allows for filtering, Renegade Tactics is a cantriping evasion option, Thrill of Possibility is a great draw that can be used as a combat trick with prowess and being instant, Titan's Strength and it's ilk make for harder hits.
Also tapped lands are bad, so the less the better. Shivan Reef and Mana Confluence while pain lands are untapped and your game plan should make it so you deal alot more to them than you do to yourself. Ramunap Ruins can offer that last shock to win for longer games. And Basics if balanced usually fill out the rest.
Hopefully that helps some, ifnI were to get into pioneer this probably would have been my first stop as well. +1 for ya.
2 months ago
Play fewer cards that do nothing. Beacon of Immortality , Pyroblast , Red Elemental Blast , Rebuff the Wicked , Bar the Door , Approach of the Second Sun , and Emerge Unscathed don't do much to buff your Commander and none of them draw cards. Cards like Expedite and Brute Force are both fine because they draw cards and buff your commander repeatably. But cards that drag the game out aren't what Boros Aggro wants
The reason the cards that do almost nothing and draw cards are good is because they draw cards. In this deck, that should be more pump spells. You draw a Brute Force , cast it, get it back, then draw Fists of the Anvil , cast it, get it back and cards like Expedite let you draw even more cards to start looping. The bottleneck of this deck is the card draw. Sure, you can dump your hand, but that's 7 cards at most. What if it were 9, 10, or more?
~ Cards I think don't do enough ~
Helm of the Host - Very slow on its own and 5 mana to equip; Payoff is more creatures that you don't need because your commander is a 3/4 flyer and copying any other creature is not as good as your commander. However, copying your commander is bad because all of your instants and sorceries are single target
Approach of the Second Sun - You're never casting this twice. If you even cast this once you've probably already lost. In this deck, it's a 7 mana Angel's Mercy do NOT play Angel's Mercy, it doesn't do anything you will lose
Aegis of the Heavens - Only gives +1 to power. Toughness does not matter when you have a) an aggressive deck and b) a flyer
Isochron Scepter - Everything goes back to your hand anyway, why imprint anything?
Caged Sun - a 6 mana artifact that lets you cast spells you could already cast. It's a "win-more" card, I don't see a need
Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith - Only in for the infinite mana combo, which does nothing. Instants are Sorceries have colored costs (and are mostly a majority colored in fact) that still need to be paid, so there is no loop or anything. If anything, it's worse because you need to put 2 mana into the thing (which in this deck, is usually your colored lands)
~ Strictly Better ~
3 months ago
Very cool deck! You might like these: Solar Blast , Warlord's Fury , Crimson Wisps , Expedite , Honor the God-Pharaoh , Dogpile , Goblin War Drums , Inner-Flame Igniter , Wildfire Elemental , Zap , Spark Spray , Orcish Cannonade , Academy Raider , Burning-Tree Vandal , Prophetic Ravings