Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
Draw a card.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Expedite occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
4 weeks ago
How has Game Trail been working for you? I don't think you are running enough mountains/forests to make it quite good enough as a 4-of. 12 seems like too few. Maybe cutting down to 2 and adding more basics would make smoother draws. You don't need access to very much Red mana anyways.
I would run way more targetting cantrips in your deck to really take advantage of the cheap card draw with Zada. even drawing 3-5 cards for 1 mana is back-breaking. I would run a full playset of Expedite and even 1-4 copies of Renegade Tactics. They can also be used just to filter through the deck in the early game, so they are valuable at all times. I feel like they would be more immediately impactful than something like Season of Growth, which doesn't synergize as well with Zada. Enter the Unknown also seems like it would be better served as actual card draw rather than explore triggers, though the potential pump is nice.
I also think you might be a bit light on creatures. How has the split between creatures and pump spells felt so far? From an outside perspective, it looks like you are playing too many pump spells, especially considering that you don't need more than 1-2 to win the game.
Since you are running a lot of 1-drop creatures and are aiming for a turn 5 kill, would Paradise Druid not give you a lot more benefits over Llanowar Elves? Hexproof and the extra power seem worth it and it would smooth out your curve better.
In your sideboard, Moonlight Hunt seems a bit strange. What is it there to combat? I feel like there would be better sideboard cards to choose from to address difficult matchups. Lava Coil could provide solid removal that doesn't rely on your creatures while also giving you the benefit of exiling the target. Even Domri's Ambush has great synergy with your strategy and would be difficult to stop.
1 month ago
If you want any ideas for sideboard or mainboard instant/sorcery you can go to my profile and look at my “Zada/Silverfur Combo” deck.
2 months ago
Idol of Oblivion is super impactful.
Bolt and Tormenting Voice are super mid. If this deck is competitive, I'd play some way besides purphuros to utilize the giant sums of mana you can make with Altar/Rituals. Perhaps a wincon like Comet Storm or some repeatable pump effect in the same vein as big daddy purphuros?
Also Coat of Arms and Rings of Brighthearth are no-brainers for this strategy that you might have missed (I also like throwing in basalt monolith with my rings just to be a spike). Expedite is strictly better accelerate, in fact cut it entirely for Goblin Motivator
2 months ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
3 months ago
4 months ago
Dango: I had seen a list of decks specifically with All Legal Commanders Gain Partner (LabManiacs) which featured a Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder + Zada, Hedron Grinder list. It did exactly what you were describing using Young Pyromancer / Empty the Warrens and then drawing something like 18 cards off Expedite effects. Deck if you're interested: Zada+Yidris
4 months ago
Realistically I would probably say Zada, Hedron Grinder and maybe something like Najeela, the Blade-Blossom for access to five colors and exponentially put more dudes on board to Expedite and profit. Otherwise a stormy commander like Yidris might put in solid work for Zada. Maybe that's the degenerate in me saying that, but 5 color Zada seems nutty.
4 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions clayperce. I haven't had a chance to play the deck, but I plan on hitting up a Pioneer event at my LGS this Wednesday.
- I 100% understand your pain with Rootbound Crag . I may consider dropping it as you did before I play on Wednesday. I'm playing a little riskier at 19 lands, but I'm hoping the Servant of the Conduit will help accelerate me.
- Maximize Velocity is there primarily for the haste. I just looked up some other similar 1-CMC options to give our buddy haste: Cartouche of Zeal (or it's clone, Hammerhand , Claim the Firstborn , Expedite , Fervent Strike , Messenger's Speed , and Samut's Sprint . I'll have to see how the format lines up with removal to re-evaluate if I need the hastiness. I am considering swapping in 1x Rhonas the Indomitable for 1x Maximize Velocity .
- I would have several Veil of Summer in the sideboard if I had them. Instead, I've added Heroic Intervention ($$, but I already own a playset) and Ranger's Guile , the poor sibling of Blossoming Defense for more spot-defense.
I'll let you know how the sideboard works out on Wednesday. Aethersphere Harvester is there to out-gun any burn-based decks. Rhythm of the Wild might also be a good option for me to replace the second Maximize Velocity in the main deck.
FYI, I will probably brew a UG version to see if those colors still hold some opportunities, maybe even bring in back to Temur. But with the price of Mana Confluence , the mana base may struggle to fit the requirements.