|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Red Sun's Zenith
Red Sun's Zenith deals X damage to target creature or player. If a creature dealt damage this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead. Shuffle Red Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , SirCorey , gildan_bladeborn , Pelli , Gabeph , , dplerner , mziter501 , mazrimtaim , rockleemyhero , REV666 , Tiddilywinkus , ZombieFood , Lindough , switchkill65 , geazykagar , pokemate0 , plof , brokendwarf , DrLitebur|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , richardmv|
Red Sun's Zenith Discussion
17 hours ago
I'd suggest replacing Banefire for Red Sun's Zenith, but it depends on your playgroup. Green Sun's Zenith isn't amazing by any means in your deck, but it still fetches some trample, artifact hate guys. Again, depending on your group Krosan Grip may be better than Reclamation Sage. Craterhoof Behemoth is the king of trample, and he can be fetched with Green Sun's Zenith; it's at least better than Somberwald Alpha (you didn't say whether you're on a budget or not).
Not much else comes to mind atm, but you can check edhrec, if you haven't already.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
For a sideboard you might go with or try;Browbeat x2Mirror SheenEpic ExperimentRed Sun's Zenith x2Isochron ScepterAct of TreasonLava Axe x2Hypersonic DragonEnigma DrakeNivix GuildmageSpellbound Dragon
1 month ago
Have you considered Red Sun's Zenith as a finisher? If you get it too early, just use it for removal and then shuffle it back in.
1 month ago
Great deck; I love this :) I'm using Rosheen too (still have to post my deck on TO), and I've found the following cards extremely useful:
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx; might be worth it, considering the amount of permanents you are using.
- Somberwald Sage; can only be used for your creatures, but still very powerful.
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds; I know your deck is supposed to be budget, but daaaaamn ...
- Savage Ventmaw; for a nice extra boost of mana that can be used in your post-combat main phase.
- Mana Flare; I use this card strictly as a finisher, so that my opponents will not be able to take advantage of it. But sometimes, it can be fun to use it earlier. Depends on your playgroup, I guess.
- Clan Defiance; very versatile spell in a deck like this.
- Red Sun's Zenith; a fireball that disappears back into your library, instead of in your graveyard.
- Pyromancer's Goggles; bit of ramp that allows you to copy stuff too.
I hope any of this helps. If you have time, I'd appreciate feedback from you on one of my decks. Thanks.
4 months ago
I decided that Extractor Demon was more along the lines of what I wanted. It doesn't count as casting a creature to get back Vengevine but at least it's a solid discard target, and since the mana count is somewhat low Red Sun's Zenith is never gonna be very big.
4 months ago
That's unfortunate, I'm gonna need a better name now. I was thinking maybe I should replace the scourge slot with Red Sun's Zenith since scourge was more of an extra way to close out the game. I also like the idea of adding Legion Loyalist but I'm not sure it will be as good.