Grow from the Ashes
Kicker _(You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.) _
Search your library for a basic land card, put it into the battlefield, then shuffle your library. If this spell was kicked, instead search your library for two basic land cards, put them onto the the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Grow from the Ashes Discussion
1 month ago
It's Koma Cute Snek! The World Serpent danger noodle! I think this deck might need one more ramp spell, though, especially since Koma has quite an expensive mana cost. I suugest Grow from the Ashes and Explosive Vegetation . Cultivate is a classic. Other than that, I also suggest a few token doublers. Maybe one or two of the new Quandrix commanders.
1 month ago
Heya Doombeard1984! I love the new look of your username! You're spot on. I almost have Crystalline Sliver , and will swap those immediately when I do. I was considering switching to some sort of reverse curve for slivers to cascade into more specific lines, which is initially why I reduced my 1-MV spells to so few. If I pop a sliver for 1 cost, at this point it would always be Galerider Sliver . Though it's probably nuts to try to do that with the deck so I'm likely going to make that switch as well. 100% on the Grow from the Ashes to either Nature's Lore or Skyshroud Claim . I'll switch to Skyshroud Claim!
And for Realmwalker I haven't gotten them in my hand or on my battlefield yet to see their effect, but I really like it for seeing the top card. I have plenty of fetches, so I can see the top to plan a cascade, and shuffle if I don't like it.
1 month ago
Your deck came up in the feed so thought I would drop in and see how its going. Seeing a few alterations. Here is a bit of food for thought though:
- Diffusion Sliver out for Crystalline Sliver - Dont make it cost more for your enemies to target your stuff. Make it so they cant lol
- Talon Sliver out for Striking Sliver . Its a better costed version of the same card.
- Grow from the Ashes out for either Nature's Lore or a Skyshroud Claim . These would enable you to get a shock land, not just a basic, and Skyshroud enables you to get 2 or them. Even works with the Triomes.
Just some ideas. Also a question for you. How are you getting on using the Sliver in disguise in the deck. You finding it is helping your plays? I have considered it, as it gives access to the top of my library as well as being a Sliver in most ways. I probably run a load less slivers and so would be a bit less effective, but I am curious about the results.
4 months ago
Card advantage (8/10): Reki, the History of Kamigawa (31 Legendaries), Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Oath of Jace, and Tezzeret's Gambit.
Ramp (14/10): Kethis, the Hidden Hand , Wood Elves, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Nissa, Who Shakes the World, Oath of Ajani (not for your commander), Chromatic Lantern, Sol Ring, Cultivate, Explosive Vegetation, Farseek, Grow from the Ashes, Kodama's Reach, Tempt with Discovery, and Harrow.
Removal (14/5): Liliana of the Veil (Unreliable Removal), Liliana, Waker of the Dead, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Sorin Markov, Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Vraska the Unseen, Vraska, Relic Seeker, Oath of Kaya, Oath of Liliana (Unreliable Removal), Assassin's Trophy, Path to Exile, and Swords to Plowshares.
Board Wipes (11/5): Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Contagion Engine (slow but works well with your deck), Cleansing Nova, Languish, Merciless Eviction, Sublime Exhalation, Supreme Verdict, Urza's Ruinous Blast, Wrath of God, and Cyclonic Rift.
6 months ago
Hey, nice first budget version of Gishath. Good job on the win.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower: staple Rainbow land.
- Arcane Signet: staple Rainbow mana rock.
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw and give creatures you control trample.
- Rhythm of the Wild: makes Gishath uncounterable, can be a haste enabler or a +1/+1 counter effect to offset Forerunner of the Empire/Rampaging Ferocidon/Marauding Raptor.
- Apex Altisaur: repeatable creature removal with enrage fight and it fights when it ETB.
- Deathgorge Scavenger: repeatable graveyard hate is helpful in Commander.
- Three Visits: another two drop land ramp spell that can get a dual land.
- Exotic Orchard: staple Rainbow land.
- Path of Ancestry: staple Rainbow land, repeatable scry with Dinos.
Several of these cards are in Commander Legends, the new Magic set just released. The prices of these cards will be decreasing.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Meadow
- Temple of Abandon
- Temple of Plenty
- Grow from the Ashes
- Migration Path
- Vanquisher's Banner: repeatable draw from casting Dinos is not as good as draw that triggers when a creature you control ETB. Banner doesn't trigger when Dinos are cheated onto the battlefield and doesn't trigger when a Dino token is created.
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Burning Sun's Avatar
- Thundering Spineback
Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
Frontier Siege is a cheap bit that will get you 4 each of your turns that could come in handy.
Bellowing Tanglewurm is an amazing all star that people don't use enough sometimes making your board unblock able against non green opponents.
Terastodon is great for taking out utility lands as well as artifacts/enchantments.
Crashing Drawbridge is fantastic to give your creatures haste so you don't need to wait to go for that swing.
9 months ago
I've tried your deck with some friends and it's really strong and fun, I would suggest substituting 1 Migration Path and 1 Grow from the Ashes with 2 Doubling Season for a shitton of tokens and damage with Dragon Tempest
10 months ago
This looks like a budget build, so I'll throw some cards at you that will help improve your game plan without totally breaking the bank.
- Myriad Landscape is a great budget fetch that nabs 2 basics.
- Exotic Orchard is a great rainbow land < $1. It's certainly not Command Tower, but it gets the job done.
- Avoid the bounce lands in your maybeboard. Don't run them ever in this build.
- Sire of Stagnation is straight gas and draws 8 cards off 1 opposing fetch.
- Woodland Bellower lets you go off and nab up to 6 extra cards. Combo with Fierce Empath and Wood Elves to get yourself ahead of your opponent super quick.
- Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are great budget options for land acceleration. They are both strictly better than Grow from the Ashes and have cheaper CMC than Circuitous Route.