Grow from the Ashes
Kicker _(You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.) _
Search your library for a basic land card, put it into the battlefield, then shuffle your library. If this spell was kicked, instead search your library for two basic land cards, put them onto the the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Grow from the Ashes occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Grow from the Ashes Discussion
1 month ago
Card advantage (8/10): Reki, the History of Kamigawa (31 Legendaries), Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Oath of Jace, and Tezzeret's Gambit.
Ramp (14/10): Kethis, the Hidden Hand , Wood Elves, Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Nissa, Who Shakes the World, Oath of Ajani (not for your commander), Chromatic Lantern, Sol Ring, Cultivate, Explosive Vegetation, Farseek, Grow from the Ashes, Kodama's Reach, Tempt with Discovery, and Harrow.
Removal (14/5): Liliana of the Veil (Unreliable Removal), Liliana, Waker of the Dead, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Sorin Markov, Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Vraska the Unseen, Vraska, Relic Seeker, Oath of Kaya, Oath of Liliana (Unreliable Removal), Assassin's Trophy, Path to Exile, and Swords to Plowshares.
Board Wipes (11/5): Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, Contagion Engine (slow but works well with your deck), Cleansing Nova, Languish, Merciless Eviction, Sublime Exhalation, Supreme Verdict, Urza's Ruinous Blast, Wrath of God, and Cyclonic Rift.
3 months ago
Hey, nice first budget version of Gishath. Good job on the win.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower: staple Rainbow land.
- Arcane Signet: staple Rainbow mana rock.
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw and give creatures you control trample.
- Rhythm of the Wild: makes Gishath uncounterable, can be a haste enabler or a +1/+1 counter effect to offset Forerunner of the Empire/Rampaging Ferocidon/Marauding Raptor.
- Apex Altisaur: repeatable creature removal with enrage fight and it fights when it ETB.
- Deathgorge Scavenger: repeatable graveyard hate is helpful in Commander.
- Three Visits: another two drop land ramp spell that can get a dual land.
- Exotic Orchard: staple Rainbow land.
- Path of Ancestry: staple Rainbow land, repeatable scry with Dinos.
Several of these cards are in Commander Legends, the new Magic set just released. The prices of these cards will be decreasing.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Meadow
- Temple of Abandon
- Temple of Plenty
- Grow from the Ashes
- Migration Path
- Vanquisher's Banner: repeatable draw from casting Dinos is not as good as draw that triggers when a creature you control ETB. Banner doesn't trigger when Dinos are cheated onto the battlefield and doesn't trigger when a Dino token is created.
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Burning Sun's Avatar
- Thundering Spineback
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Frontier Siege is a cheap bit that will get you 4 each of your turns that could come in handy.
Bellowing Tanglewurm is an amazing all star that people don't use enough sometimes making your board unblock able against non green opponents.
Terastodon is great for taking out utility lands as well as artifacts/enchantments.
Crashing Drawbridge is fantastic to give your creatures haste so you don't need to wait to go for that swing.
5 months ago
I've tried your deck with some friends and it's really strong and fun, I would suggest substituting 1 Migration Path and 1 Grow from the Ashes with 2 Doubling Season for a shitton of tokens and damage with Dragon Tempest
6 months ago
This looks like a budget build, so I'll throw some cards at you that will help improve your game plan without totally breaking the bank.
- Myriad Landscape is a great budget fetch that nabs 2 basics.
- Exotic Orchard is a great rainbow land < $1. It's certainly not Command Tower, but it gets the job done.
- Avoid the bounce lands in your maybeboard. Don't run them ever in this build.
- Sire of Stagnation is straight gas and draws 8 cards off 1 opposing fetch.
- Woodland Bellower lets you go off and nab up to 6 extra cards. Combo with Fierce Empath and Wood Elves to get yourself ahead of your opponent super quick.
- Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are great budget options for land acceleration. They are both strictly better than Grow from the Ashes and have cheaper CMC than Circuitous Route.
6 months ago
I like it!
Druid's Deliverance is another solid utility card, it's worth considering.
7 months ago
Wild Pair is a pretty decent enchantment for tribal decks with high power and toughness creatures. Living Death and Primevals' Glorious Rebirth are pretty decent too. Explosive Vegetation, Cultivate and Grow from the Ashes are also good to consider.
7 months ago
Personally, I'd swap out some of the mana rocks for Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Ranger's Path, Migration Path, Explosive Vegetation, Grow from the Ashes, and the like. 2 CMC mana rocks are definitely awesome, but in this deck you're really gunning for that 7-CMC stuff. Land-based ramp will be safer in the long run, not being susceptible to mass bounce or Vandalblast, etc.
There is the argument for getting Arixmethes out on turn 3, so you have 6 mana on turn 4, but you have to weigh that vs. long-term ramp and getting past 6 mana. YMMV!