Goad all creatures you don't control. (Until your next turn, those creatures attack each combat if able and attack a player other than you if able.)
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Disrupt Decorum Discussion
3 months ago
Syphon Mind and Midnight Clock are far better in multiplayer but not particularly "abusive". Ward of Bones and Land Equilibrium can be crazy harsh in a big game vs a small one and they tend to feel a bit more "abusive". Edric, Spymaster of Trest also really shoots up in power level with multiple opponents. Unwinding Clock is basically a colorless Seedborn Muse, its super busted. Disrupt Decorum is a hell of a party that doesn't even work in 1v1. A known Constant Mists can do wonders in hand, as nobody will want to waste an attack on you. Arachnogenesis and Comeuppance are similar, if they are suspected responses to attacks you may start being left alone in the game until someone has a counterspell for you. Dragon Broodmother, and a few other cards trigger token making on each player's turn, maybe not super abusive but still much better in multi than in a 1v1 game. Mind's Eye can be quite strong as well, especially with Smothering Tithe!!
4 months ago
Here’s some decent pieces to both help with the war theme and make life difficult for your enemies.
Fumiko the Lowblood because samurai
Warmonger Hellkite makes creatures attack and can be pumped
Grand Melee because open war
Goblin Diplomats because diplomacy is needed in every war
Prowler's Helm like a spy slipping through their defenses.
Outpost Siege card advantage and siege is referenced.
Dockside Extortionist because there is always people like that in war
Neheb, the Eternal is likely worth a spot.
Oni of Wild Places may not necessarily fit the theme but repeatedly bouncing varchild has its advantages
Iron Myr for mana
Downhill Charge seems pretty good.
Seize the Day is very war themed to me.
By Force implies hostilities
Burn at the Stake might be a big kill card after you’ve taken a bunch of survivors. 3 times the amount you tap gets huge quick.
Crawlspace so you can bottleneck their armies like Sparta did against the Persians lol.
Voyager Staff to remove varchild maybe?
That’s what stood out most to me with a quick glance through EDHRec. I’ll keep brainstorming for ya though!
4 months ago
I run Master of Cruelties fine without either of those - we have lots of removal if it's imperative we punch through and it's often easy enough to find someone without a blocker - he's most effective with haste enablers where we can surprise someone.
I think Master Warcraft is just a much worse Disrupt Decorum to be honest (although much more budget friendly) - and overall I'm not to keen on the card as you don't get to choose who is being attacked, as alexjustdoit already mentioned.
As for Rogue's Passage - it's definitely playable, however we are very tight on utility land slots and there are quite a few I'd choose over this. Sure it seems good on paper to help get an attacker through to get back Monarch, but in practice we have lots of creatures with either evasion or deathtouch so that's not normally an issue. I also don't like spending 5 mana on my own turn unless I'm deploying something generally as we want to play at instant speed as much as possible. Just my take, but I hardly think either of these are necessary to run Master effectively.
4 months ago
As for an actual card suggestion, and uh..an attempt to redeem myself from spamming your deck page how in Chaos could you not include Disrupt Decorum? That card is essentially the entire theme of your deck, and is hilarious to cast when the board is awash with creatures.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Alrighty! I definitely feel like this deck is reaching its conclusion. Specifically, the conclusion of dealing in hypotheticals - without holding the cards in hand and seeing how they fair against my playgroup, I fear there aren't any more substantial changes I can make.
I'm also afraid that the budget for this deck is still a bit outside of my reach. Luckily, this doesn't all have to be built in one installment. Without changing the decklist here on Tapped Out, these are the more expensive cards remaining and my budget choices for initial purchase:
- Despite having already cut out the worst offenders, Shock Lands (ex. Breeding Pool), City of Brass, and Mana Confluence still feel like substitutions I can make later.
- For now, Basics will suffice - though I may have a Shock Land or two hiding somewhere in a 60 Card deck.
- The only Creature that really fits the bill here is Craterhoof Behemoth. Frankly, it's fantastic and a Green staple for a reason. However, it too seems like something I can build up to.
- For now, I choose you End-Raze Forerunners!
- Phyrexian Altar...
- Although in a previous comment I mentioned $20+ as being around the place I'd try and trim things down, I think Phyrexian Altar is one I'll actually spring for.
- Unlike Craterhoof, whose only role is as a finisher, the second Altar is something I'd be happy to see at almost any stage in the game. Plus, if it ever comes down to it, Phyrexian Altar is playable in almost any deck - certainly a deck of any color(s).
- Nothing to see here! The only noteworthy cards (Sylvan Library + Parallel Lives) are already cards in my collection, so there's no conflict of interest.
- Crickets chirping
- Which leaves Cyclonic Rift. I mentioned this card in my first comment alongside Expropriate and Tooth and Nail as a Good Stuff card that feels like needless fluffing for my nest. C-Rift, however, made it this far in the revisions where the others did not.
- My choice of replacement actually takes things in a different direction. Rather than another Bounce Wipe (ex. Flood of Tears, Evacuation, or my previous slot-holder Whelming Wave), I'm actually going with Disrupt Decorum as my substitution.
- I don't know. Something about forcing your opponents to duke it out just seems fun and satisfying to me. And it still meets my goal of lowering their defenses for an aggressive rush.
That's all I've got for now - I still plan to check in every once and a while, so as always feel free to reach out with ideas.
Best of luck, stay safe, and wash your hands thoroughly!