K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Legendary Creature — Horror Minion
( can be paid for either or 2 life.)
For each in a cost, you may pay 2 life rather than pay that mana.
Whenever you cast a black spell, put a +1/+1 counter on K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth Discussion
2 days ago
Santiago1011, that is completely understandable. I also wanted to bring up Gary aka Gray Merchant of Asphodel possibly being replaced by K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth. I have found on numerous occasions of playing with Gary that he just often felt underwhelming in this deck. In order to fully tap into his potential I found that I needed several other pieces already in play. As his replacement I opted for K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth as a form of mana acceleration. I found that he acts as a one card mana cost reduction engine for a number of our pieces, such as Bolas's Citadel, Necropotence, our commander, etc. This addition also helped improve running Font of Agonies if you so desire.
1 week ago
Orange+: Thank you for the kudos.
The Minus counter theme is something that grew while going through my collection. I do realize that Ifnir and Carnifex Demon don't target, and that actually is the reason I included them. The deck has two cards that can steal opposing creatures. The first one is Grave Betrayal, which is just ridiculously powerful, but also costs seven mana. The second one is Necroskitter. If I were to target a creature which e.g. Cauldron of Souls, it would die before getting the counter, so Necroskitter wouldn't trigger. The demons can spread the minus counters without targeting, so the next targetting ability will give me control over them. A thing that seems very interesting in this regard is that proliferate doesn't target. I don't yet know what to make of this, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to abuse this...
The auras are meant to be used just as you said. They can protect my creatures when I attach them without an active Horobi. Swiftfoot Boots are especially important here. Protecting either K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth or Magus of the Coffers is crucial. Unhallowed Pact and Unholy Indenture habe a special little place in that regard: They can simply be protection, but enchanting an opposing creature with either before putting out Horobi is another way to steal them.
There are overall three spells like that: Bone Harvest, Forever Young, and Gravepurge. They are somewhat of a combo with Gray Merchant of Asphodel and Bolas's Citadel. Fill my grave with lots of creatures, control a Citadel and have a Merchant in hand or graveyard. Cast one of the three recursion spells, put all the creatures on top (If Gary is in the Grave, put him on the bottom of the creature pile). Cast all the creatures with Citadel, then cast Gary into a crowded board and drain an obscene amount of life. When we have enough mana, Death Denied or Reaping the Graves can do a similar thing.
There is one find in particular that I really like in the deck: I've always wanted a reason to play Skeletal Wurm. Horobi is propably the only deck that can make use of it, and it plus the not so small number of other activated abilities is the reason I included Necrotic Ooze. This can be a very powerful creature that can protect itself from Horobi's influence.
1 month ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Vilis, Broker of Blood, etc... also from the new set: Profane Transfusion (I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
1) Loxodon Warhammer - is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with Shadowspear, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply Bontu's Monument as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
1) Tortured Existence - even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with Phyrexian Altar and Desecrated Tomb to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate/Animate Dead/Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp.
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation.
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
2 months ago
Tortured Existence seems kind of dumb with Tormod, the Desecrator. Makes a dude for assuming you have 2 creatures to cycle between. Gives you good sac fodder or just lets you make a bunch of dudes and beat someone to death really quickly. Especially if K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth is in play.
2 months ago
Definitely need to listen to Last_Laugh. He's helped me a substantial amount with a few of my decks too.
Cards you might wanna consider that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet:
Dockside Extortionist - depending on your playgroup this can ramp you an insane amount.
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth - stay off the throne and make your spells cheaper (easy to get +1/+1 counters on it, and can help stem the bleeding if you're losing life too fast)
Deathbringer Thoctar - opponents can never have a creature with 1 toughness again. Give it deathtouch and they can just never have creatures.
Dismember - really good spot removal
Snuff Out - more free removal
Chainer, Nightmare Adept - haste enabler + being able to cast creatures out of the bin is pretty sweet (gives marchesa haste from the command zone).
Soldevi Adnate - fantastic ramp & sac outlet.
Thalakos Deceiver - your creatures are now my creatures
Also, depending on how degenerate you wanna be....
2 months ago
Just trying to understand this combo: A fun combo I've found is Coveted Prize + K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth . If you have a full party, first search for Archaeomancer, then recast and search for Rite of Replication and kick it copying Archaeomancer.
What is K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth doing for you in this combo? Just looking at it it seems like hes not really doing anything for it. And the result is that you get to cast a much of stuff from your library and graveyard right?
3 months ago
Marwyn, the Nurturer is definitely my favorite, but I'm also a fan of Gargos, Vicious Watcher, Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, and Yarok, the Desecrated. Here's the link to my Marwyn, the Nurturer and Gargos, Vicious Watcher decks: Gargos And His Hydra Buddies Too Many Elves (Marwyn Commander). I'll update my Marwyn deck description soon so you can see what the cards are for. Love this forum!
3 months ago
Since you've got so many planeswalkers and you're going a proliferation route I think The Chain Veil might be a good fit for you.