Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Arc Trail deals 2 damage to target creature or player and 1 damage to another target creature or player.
5 months ago
Each time a target is assigned damage, Torbran, Thane of Red Fell adds 2 to that damage.
Arc Trail has two instances of damage being assigned, so Torbran will affect both of them, dealing 4 damage to one target and 3 damage to another.
When you divide damage from Magmatic Core, Torbran adds 2 damage to the damage assigned to each different target.
5 months ago
I'm aware that combat damage must be assigned to lethal before bonuses, but was looking at cards like Arc Trail or Magmatic Core. Would each permanent or player assigned damage also take the +2 from Torbran, Thane of Red Fell or does he affect the total damage to be divided?
1 year ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
4 years ago
Hi! Thanks for your deck, I am a big fan of non-UG madness myself.
Cards to consider, espcially if you feel mana-confident:Violent Eruption as it helps wipe out several smaller creatures and can be nice against aggro decks. Arc Trail works similarly and you can cast it from your hand.
I tried to put together a GR spellshaper madness and even though I have a weak spot for Bola Warrior, it is not very mana-efficient and you cannot use it outside combat, which is the main hinderance of most of your discard outlets. I would suggest Kris Mage who is cheaper to cast and more versatile, especially against aggros. Or you can use her to finish off a bigger creature. Or in the worst Undertaker.
If you are not playing against black and you feel you can muster toghether BB, Gorgon Recluse could be nice.
Any particular reason for not running the Twins of Maurer Estate since you feature them on the deck description?
5 years ago
5 years ago