Return target nonland permanent with converted mana cost X to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
@Omniscience_is_life I think I prefer Repeal over Unsubstantiate as card draw is really important to me in this deck, but I'll keep it in mind! Counterspell is without a doubt better than Condescend or any other counter spell, but it's sadly not legal!
And yeah, I love Select for Inspection, it annoys/slows people, lets you scry, and works great with decks that like it when you're casting spells or have instants on your graveyard. You get a lot of utility for a single cheap spell.
2 months ago
Repeal is nice because of the added card draw, but I would say Unsubstantiate is a better choice as it can work as a delaying counterspell as well if needed. Condescend is nice, scrying is great, but most likely costs more than two/ just doesn’t counter something. Counterspell itself is probably a better option. Love the use of Select for Inspection, however, haven’t seen that card be used for a while!
5 months ago
Great Idea! +1
In my opinion, Tragic Slip, Echoing Truth and Rapid Hybridization are somewhat weak links in your deck. I understand why you put them in, but their interaction is more fancy than useful. Maybe replace those with Repeal, Displacement Wave and Fatal Push?
8 months ago
I’d sooner use Into the Roil . But again, it’s a spell, so the hope is that your opponent doesn’t have any counterspells. The problem with Repeal is that you have to pay X. Makes the spell to expensive. Although I like your thinking. Any other suggestions?
8 months ago
shadow63 : Disallow is a solid card, but it doesn't fit Blue Tron very well. The deck is very fragile in the early game. That's why most interactive instants in the archetype can be cast for 1-2 mana. Disallow on the draw can't counter your opponent's 1-, 2-, or 3-drops. It costs double blue, which at least 13 lands in the deck can't produce (12 tronlands + Academy Ruins ) and doesn't cantrip or scry, which Condescend , Repeal , Remand and Spell Burst do.
plusARGON : Although Blue Tron can produce very high amounts of colorless mana, there aren't very many blue sources (by design; this is far from a mistake on IzzetFanatic's part). Cryptic Command is essentially uncastable, especially on turn 4. Gadwick, the Wizened and The Magic Mirror suffer from the same problem. Sea Gate Wreckage is very good in decks where you expect to have no cards in hand. In this build, 23 cards either cantrip, tutor, or scry. The ability won't be activated often at all. Snapcaster Mage is played in U Tron sometimes, but usually as a one-of, since flashing something back usually requires a second source of blue. Castle Vantress is worth trying out. It's a blue source which will ETB untapped often enough, and will occasionally help in the late game if you flooded out on blue sources.
10 months ago
- Fetchlands can help mana fix as well as thin the deck a little bit (It only gives you a like 1 or two percentage points so do that last).
- Fast lands and check lands are amazing I would have at least 4 in total between the two. Magosi, the Waterveil doesnt seem like an amazing card to me. You give someone one an extra turn which lets them draw more threats while you don't draw anything. I don't even see UWx Control style decks running it. I would run different lands, maybe some man lands if you want to go that route.
- Howling Mine is only good if you have a way to tap it, so you can break the symmetry. Look at this way, you are looking for 12-N fogs, they are looking for any threat in there deck. Temple bell isn't great for the same reason. They only way to use those cards are with ways to break the symmetry. Narset, Parter of Veils is a better card in general.
- Explore is great ramp when you are running more lands. If you want card draw run Opt .
- Fog Bank is also an amazing creature, being it flys. If you arent playing against bolt affects.
- Sleep can be pretty damaging and it lets you hold onto fogs longer.
- Cryptic Command is wayyyy better than whelming wave. Its always a two for 1. Venser, Shaper Savant is also good. Riftwing Cloudskate is also nice due to the fact you cant stall enough turns. Repeal is also good It can bounce anything, plus draw a card.
- Gigadrowse is an interesting card. I dont fault anyone for taking it. I personally dont like it as much. I think the cards i listed above just do a better job.
- If you use the blue filtering cards like opt, you wont need as many Kioras being you be able to find them easier, plus itll free up more deck space for other cards.
- I can see why you want no ETBs now. The Immortal Sun although higher CMC would shut them down hard as well. Id still probably run T. Orb though. Just throwing that out there.
- Eternal Witness and Snapcaster Mage mages are tempting for you to run being you can recast fogs which makes your deck more powerful. Just having creatures can be ok, because they get you value and can trade which means you dont have to use a fog, and can remove a creature slowing the game. Which are all great things, you can baord them out when you want T. orb.
- For spirits if they are playing a competive list you should just lose. I dont know how you deal with Spell Queller .