|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Lightning Strike deals 3 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
Lightning Strike Discussion
23 hours ago
Adding Lightning Bolt over either Shock or Lightning Strike would represent a huge upgrade. Also, Claim the Firstborn is really not doing much for the deck. I would suggest Monastery Swiftspear over it and 2 Electrostatic Field . I believe these changes represent a pretty small budget increase while also offering a huge boost in power.
1 week ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
1 week ago
15 "Elementals" 8 Tribal Bonuses
I see that you are trying to go competitive, but you missed the point of tribal decks. Instead of using cards that are perfect in your strategy, you are mostly restricted to a creature type so that your bonus providers matter.
With only 15 ways to get an Elemental, and two of those being land, it is highly unlikely that Omnath, Locus of the Roil will ever get more than three damage at best.
Risen Reef doesn't do much for you either. Because Nissa and your walking land don't enter as Elementals or make tokens, they can't trigger it. You might as well have built a weak Temur Landfall deck.
If you truly care about going Tribal, I strongly recommend ditching Rogue Refiner for Cloudkin Seer , Harnessed Lightning for Lightning Strike , Scorching Dragonfire , or Lava Coil (Because you lose Rogue Refiner ), and throw in Omnath, Locus of Rage to replace some Hydroid Krasis es.
Not many people know this, so be glad I'm telling you. If you have Omnath, Locus of Rage and 2-4x of Risen Reef out on the field, then by simply playing a land, you will draw/play your entire deck. You could abuse this by giving Elementals haste with Temur Ascendancy or Scampering Scorcher , or by using Omnath, Locus of the Roil to deal around 16-22 damage with the E.T.B. trigger.
Just some suggestions, but in the world of tribal, you need to maximize your bonuses. The lack of any +1/+1 or +1/+0 bonuses was odd. Not exactly sure what you are going for.
1 month ago
This deck wont be standard legal at any time.
Deck idea is cool, need more consistency thou. I guess you wont need 4 Bag of Holding . I'd also cut Chandra's Regulator , Marauding Raptor and (if you only want to play with 22 lands) Cavalier of Flame
1 month ago
Well, it's kinda hard to say what to replace without taking into account my own taste. However, if I have to say I would choose to cut Drakuseth, Maw of Flames and one Dragonmaster Outcast with the reasons being:
Drakuseth, Maw of Flames - Too heavy and slow. Does nothing when it enters and is easy to remove.
Dragonmaster Outcast - Not a bad card by any means but since you are playing a monored deck you won't be ramping which means you are gonna have to wait until turn 6 at least to play it.
In both cases, Thunderbreak Regent is way faster and way more punishing to your opponent.
Also, small tip. Scavenger Grounds since red doesn't have that much grave hate and you can put it in the main deck.
1 month ago
Hi, nice list ! Good point for the Creeping Trailblazer . Now I think the next step (as the others here and on reddit said) would be multiple shocklands (don't buy the checklands they rotate "soon". AND changing the weakest elementals for straight up good cards like
Have fun :p
2 months ago
I’d hesitate to use the term “strictly better” since that’s generally a term of art used when one card is definitively better, not just different, than another - such as Lightning Bolt being strictly better than either Shock or Lightning Strike .
Here, the effects are slightly different, so one cannot be “strictly better” than the other. That said, you can still say if one of the two effects is generally going to be better than the other, and that analysis overwhelmingly favours Arcane Signet .
Think of it this way - you always will have use for mana in your own colours; you’ll almost never have use for mana outside your colours.
Lightning Strike occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.06%
All decks: 0.89%