You may return two Islands you control to their owner's hand rather than pay Gush's mana cost.
Draw two cards.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
This post is going a bit long, but I wanted to give some constructive feedback, and this is an archetype I love to play around with.
Infinite Turns is probably the best thing you can set up in your build with almost no changes, most cEDH decks run that as their primary win con. You can easily tutor for the lands needed (people use Strip Mine I understand), and blue tutors can find the infinite turns spell, making it pretty easy to set up. Because you need so many Islands out to make Sanctuary work, I feel like the oddball cards like Cultivate/Kodama's Reach make sense, as a land in hand is very good early, and you will almost never be stuck on 2 mana, the main weakness of those 3 mana ramp spells. With Aesi, you automatically get a bonus land drop, so you just need a way to bounce Mystic Sanctuary and you're ready to combo. I think Trade Routes is about the best option, but Meloku the Clouded Mirror is decent, giving you flyers to win with if he's bouncing Sanctuary. Bounce also dodges graveyard hate like Rest in Peace that would otherwise neutralize your combo, not sure if you face such decks.
Aesi wants ramp rocks compared to Tatyova, with 5 feeling much cheaper. Jeweled Lotus is worth considering for the speed, and you're right, Mana Crypt and Vault should both likely be in to rush out your Commander.
I could be completely wrong on this, but I feel like you probably want more lands, I run 45 in my Tatyova deck, and I do not feel like it's too many. I honestly suspect the deck would play more smoothly with even more, since I like opening hands with 4 or more lands, and despise ones with 2. Aesi will probably need to play 5 lands (and have played ramp) before getting a card, and from my math you should expect to hit 5 lands at 12 cards. Aesi feels pretty clunky if you can't pretty much guarantee an extra land drop the turn you play it, but I admit 42 sounds like a lot. To double check, I recommend running it through a hypergeometric calculator, that's how I figure out my land count for more optimized decks.
Gush is generally a good card at higher levels. In your deck, I guess Gush is going to be good for 4 cards, and perhaps 2 extra mana that turn. That is good enough to run I'd say, and you shouldn't struggle to get out 2 islands to bounce.
Cursed Totem is a reasonable card (and worth running), and Collector Ouphe is a big nuisance for sure. You might consider Energy Flux as it's sometimes a bit better, though other times worse. A stax card I've always wanted to try out in Tatyova is Freyalise's Winds, which hopefully won't affect you as much as other people since you are putting extra lands into play. Most higher level decks set up a ton of mana at once, and Winds will make that a bad strategy arguably, giving opponents many dead turns if they can't hit land drops consistently. I never have tried it because my Tatyova deck cannot handle the attention that card would attract, and I don't have any other decks that can really make it work. Not really sure if it'll work for you or not. Mana Web is pretty interesting, it could be good enough, especially if people like to hold up instant speed interaction and run duals, they likely will have to choose.
Well, I feel like looking through your deck has helped give me some good ideas for my own Tatyova deck, so thanks for posting this! Infinitely Inevitable Combo is my work-in-progress infinite combo deck, and it mostly uses land bounce, if you want to see how that works.
2 weeks ago
Sadly, Gush has been banned from Pauper.
1 month ago
If you want to hose 0 mana cards, Void Mirror is more versatile. It stops the likes of Fierce Guardianship or ramping from Sol Ring into a 2 mana rock. You can't play it turn 1 as easily as Chalice, so it's up to your opinion which to run.
As for Doomsday piles, I'd check out the deck The EDH Doomsday Primer. Doomsday is a difficult card to pull off. Gush is often used, but since you're a 3 color deck without many fetches and duals, I'm not sure how useful it would be. One thing to watch out for is a rogue Opposition Agent will literally kill you if you cast doomsday. You exile your whole library and lose all 5 tutored cards.
1 month ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
1 month ago
I love that I'm seeing more Moonfolk decks out here!! I have a Patron of the Moon deck myself and what I've found to be extraordinarily helpful is Amulet of Vigor . It just helps speed things along if you've got Patron out and you're dumping lands out tapped. I also think cards like Sea Drake and Gush are uniquely fun with these strategies. Cool deck, though!
5 months ago
5 months ago
Wood Elves makes more sense in a two-color deck.
Renegade Doppelganger can be used to make one of your opponents waste a kill spell or just lose the game because you pull out so much value.
Baral's Expertise can be abused easily in your deck, it's also a very good control card.
6 months ago
No problem! I like the idea of snow lands and regular islands to have different card names! And I feel you on the tap lands, though with Teferi's Ageless Insight and cycle lands, it can get a bit nutty! Command Tower and Ash Barrens also jump out if you'd like to thin the lands too! Gush is definitely a win more card, but could serve to give you an island and snow covered island to pitch when your commander is out!
The end goal of draw/huge hand size and a mana sink into a card draw is a lot like Kefnet the Mindful , so that may be a good place to look as well for synergies!