|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
(Blue)(Blue)(Blue), Tap: Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Temporal Adept Discussion
5 months ago
Hello my dude, I also have an Azami list that everyone hates and can give you some advice.
If you want to win you are probably going to need one of these three cards: Dream Halls You have more cards than anyone else, so you get the most value out of it. Can also be used to cast Azami from the command zone. (It's like 20$), Mind Over Matter This goes infinite with Azami out for lab man win. Can also be used for mana generation, fun with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ( It's about 20$), or Intruder Alarm The value here is completely insane, you draw buttloads of cards. (It's like 18$). None of them are cheap, but its hard to have a fast lab man win unless you get one of those out. If you want to go really nuts, Paradox Engine is also in this category of "cards that win you the game almost immediately" but it costs 50$ and you need to run mana rocks to make it work optimally.
As for your wizards, you might want to switch a few for better options. Timestream Navigator , Sower of Temptation , Galecaster Colossus are all great and under 2$. Inspired Sprite lets you draw 2 every time you cast a wizard. If your a real monster Beguiler of Wills is disgusting, and if you have Intruder Alarm out... well, you just take every creature as it enters the battlefield. Archaeomancer is also just really good. And Temporal Adept and Portal Mage seems right up your alley.
On the more expensive end you have cards like Patron Wizard Which makes grown men cry. Glen Elendra Archmage Which combos quite well with Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic in play. Fatespinner which helps keep people from attacking you. Baral, Chief of Compliance can also help reduce the cost of your counter-spells.
Lastly, mana rocks. You definitely need some. Mana rocks are the only way your going to be able cast wizards and still have mana open to counter spells. The faster Azami hits the table the better, and shes costs 5. After playing Azami for years, I can tell you the primary reason I lose is not having mana fast enough (that and everyone ganging up on me for running hard control). I'm only running 8 mana rocks in my list if you count cost reducers, and I'm honestly thinking about pushing that number up to 10 or 11.
Here's a link to my list, maybe you'll see something there you like: Nerds. I can confirm that my playgroup hates it.
8 months ago
Thanks a lot, DrukenReaps and multimedia! I love Linessa, Zephyr Mage 's art and obscurity, but you are correct that Alexi, Zephyr Mage would be more effective in this build. Plus her art is awesome and she is also pretty obscure, so I am going to go ahead and make the switch. Of the 3 people that gave me recommendations, all 3 recommended that I drop the planeswalkers, so I am going to do that and ditch the cards that fetch them too. Definitely need Tidespout Tyrant and Temporal Adept in there! I meant to include both of them from the start, but totally forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me!
9 months ago
Hey, bounce of your opponent's permanents is a fine strategy, but consider expanding on this strategy? More bouncing or blinking of your own creatures with ETB abilities to then get more value from them.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding:
- Frantic Search : instant draw that's also good with High Tide.
- Peregrine Drake : good with High Tide, bounce and blink.
- Turnabout : good with High Tide.
- Snap : good with High Tide, bounce your own creature or an opponents.
- Spellseeker : tutor for High Tide or any other 2 or less CMC instant or sorcery. Good with bounce/blink.
- Merchant Scroll : tutor for High Tide, Supplant Form, Capsize or any other instant.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable ways to draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Supplant Form : instant speed grandeur with Linessa.
- Capsize : bounce any permanent including a land and buyback is powerful.
- Crystal Shard : repeatable bounce of your creatures.
- Temporal Adept : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanent.
- Aphetto Alchemist : repeatable untap of Heidar, Temporal Adept, Crystal Shard, etc.
- Freed from the Real : enchant a creature who has a ability to use that ability many times a turn. Good with Linessa, Alchemist, Heidar, Temporal, etc.
- Tidespout Tyrant : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanents. Combos with Sol Ring.
- Deadeye Navigator : repeatable blink, combos with Peregrine Drake. Good with any other creature who has an ETB ability such as Archaeomancer.
- Azure Mage : mana sink to draw.
- Stunt Double : instant speed Clone. Clones are good with bounce/blink.
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Displace : blink that combos with Peregrine Drake and Archaeomancer.
- Mind Stone : two drop mana rock that ETB untapped.
- Prismatic Lens
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- Aeon Chronicler
- Burnished Hart
- Jeering Homunculus
- Mu Yanling
- Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
- Soramaro, First to Dream
- Disappearing Act
- Dream Fracture
- Vision Skeins
- Split Decision
- Reality Strobe
- Grasping Current
- Rhythmic Water Vortex
- Argentum Armor
- Coveted Jewel
I offer more advice if you want it, including explanations about cards I'm suggesting to add/cut. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
While technically not a wizard itself Docent of Perfection Flip makes wizard tokens and when it transforms gives all your wizards a lord effect kind of buff. Arcane Artisan can help you cheat out some of your higher cost wizards as tokens and adds some more card draw. Temporal Adept can let you bounce any one permanent as long as you keep mana for it. Also since you are a mono-color deck consider Caged Sun and maybe Gauntlet of Power so your mana is doubled.
10 months ago
thom-le, Great suggestions... going to pickup them up and give them a go. Temporal Adept is a upgrade over Time Elemental for sure. I noticed you run Silent Arbiter in your KILL AND RUN deck. I've had someone suggest Crawlspace as another option for a similar effect. You could use Silas Renn, Seeker Adept to keep bringing the effect back.
10 months ago
Very cool deck, I like that there are no endless loops in. Maybe consider Temporal Adept over Time Elemental , Surrakar Spellblade over Lu Xun, Scholar General if you want to have the card draw. With Lazav my personal favorite mana ramp is Dowsing Dagger Flip. Cavern Harpy is nice for protection. It's great to see how your deck works with that budget.
Althought I've build a more heavy budget deck, there are also ideas you might be interested: KILL AND RUN
1 year ago
yeah, Temporal Adept, Tradewind Rider, Capsize, Man-o'-War, Exclusion Mage, AEther Adept, Venser, Shaper Savant, Alexi, Zephyr Mage, Sunken Hope, Tidespout Tyrant. to name a few, but yeah stuff like this should work great.
1 year ago
Tectonic Edge, Ghost Quarter, Wasteland, Field of Ruin, Unstable Obelisk, Sundering Titan, Lux Cannon, Ark of Blight, Worldslayer, all creatures with Annihilator force sacrifice so could combine with creature bounce to force land sac (Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre)
No data for this card yet.