|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Merfolk
(Blue)(Blue), Tap: Gain control of target legendary permanent. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||dplerner , Kiortio , Kleptozaniac , Enivid ,|
|Want (16)||Willis1994 , GrandeKhan , Bull_Kai , Leodude , KingMathoro , elyria , mgla , afeuling , itheoryz , Approximos , jp262 , awalloftext , Tyranitar201093 , shaistyone , pelzee , maniac1198|
Empress Galina Discussion
2 months ago
faver18: I've tested it and honestly not a big fan of it because it requires you to have a legendary creature out and it's 6 mana. I would run Vedalken Shackles/Empress Galina/Memnarch over it. Glad you like the deck!
2 months ago
Hey dude :)
really nice deck !
You'll probably lack some removals and/or counterspells in order to be efficient : Counterspell, Mana Leak, Memory Lapse, Remand, Pongify, Rapid Hybridization and Song of the Dryads are very efficient ones and quiet affordable.
I tried some games with Lullmage Mentor and in a multiplayer format it is kinda useless unless you have 20+ counterspells :/. If there is already 7 merfolks on the board the wrath is comin' !
Your curve is kinda low (which is good) so you probably won't need that much ramp. You can probably cut 1 or 2 thing in Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Cultivate Kodama's Reach Sol Ring Song of Freyalise and instead add creatures that will help you hit your lands each turns such as Silvergill Adept, Jadelight Ranger, Wistful Selkie or Merfolk Branchwalker. Thada Adel, Acquisitor is extra to steal the signets/sol rings of your opponents early game and powerfull stuff in end games.
Surgespanner is a must have in your deck and combine with some untap shenaningans and enough manas you'll be abble to bounce the whole board. Empress Galina is a blast in multiplayer and some Vedalken Orrery or Leyline of Anticipation will help you maximize the value of such key creatures that need to pass one turn in order to be effective. Opposition is a must have in blue heavy creatures wide decks and when you have the tools to untap your creatures it's even better :)
I really like the draw on Vanquisher's Banner furthermore it has an impact the time it enters the battlefield which is really nice
Merrow Commerce is really nice in duel but not that good in a multiplayer format.
If you wanna take a look at my builds (they're made for duel so it's kinda different but maybe you'll find interesting stuff) :
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 46 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 318 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Have fun !
3 months ago
Thank you I_TappedWrong! The repeats must have been my dumb self using this for the first time on my phone. Empress Galina didnt actually make the cut. I have to update my list since I actually got to playtest it twice over the weekend and did some edditing based on what I had and game play. Prime Speaker Zegana might have to be an include
3 months ago
you also have Empress Galina on here twice
3 months ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
4 months ago
Things to consider replacing with the items on the Maybe Board: 2 lands Traveler's Amulet Empress Galina and Leyline of Singularity Invisibility Portcullis, as this usually does more harm than good anyway Pacifism Braingeyser
5 months ago
i always love to play Laboratory Maniac , Rebuild and Empress Galinain blue decks so i suggest adding that. If your meta is high in graveyard shenanigans Relic of Progenitus , Mnemonic Nexus, Day's Undoing orTime Spiral is a few i would run.