|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Rite of Flame
Add (Red)(Red) to your mana pool, then add (Red) to your mana pool for each card named Rite of Flame in each graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rite of Flame Discussion
1 day ago
I'm not sure this works but I would add cards that keep adding additional attack steps.since the damage is per turn you can keep growing the mana after each additional attack. would need more card draw to keep fueled...
The best is Aggravated Assault - if you dealt 5 damage once you can combo for infinite attack steps
3 weeks ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
4 weeks ago
skyninja135 your average cmc is too high (3.81) and your Abundance combo is solid but there's a lot of win more cards in there (whats Worldspine Wurm and Realm Seekers doing?). A number of your artifacts don't seem competitive at all, Storm Cauldron, Horn of Greed, Ghirapur Orrery all benefit the opponents as well which is something you want to avoid (except cards like Selvala, Heart of the Wilds), giving them extra lands basically speeds up their game plans as well. Most of the creature ramp (Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder etc.) you got can be cut for normal dorks ( Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves etc.). I get the fact that you want to ramp heavily with lands, but most of the spells that enable you to do so are rather slow; compare Cultivate to Mox Diamond, of course, mox may be out of your budget but this kind of ramp allows early explosive turns ( after all you're aim is to pull off the combo asap) rather than a slow accumulative ramp (someone's bound to go off before you do). You can take out the landfall theme it's just not fast/strong enough. I'm unsure what the optimal land count for a deck like this would be, but removing the tapped lands is a definite (Temple of Abandon, Evolving Wilds) and adding in off-color fetches (unless your budget prevents you but it should be one of your top priorities). Also, why no artifact hate? Just some other cards that I think should be cut:
- Seek the Horizon (for 4?)
- Tempt with Discovery (letting the opponent search for a land is not a good idea)
- Rites of Flourishing (should really be adding cards that benefit yourself like I mentioned above)
- Constant Mists (unless there's someone who plays the kiki combo)
- Knollspine Dragon, Kodama's Reach (let's be honest: it's too slow)- Krosan Tusker (better options out there)
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Oracle of Mul Daya ( 4cmc is a bit too much for this effect and they don't really do anything else, you also want enough lands in the library for Borborygmos to discard)
- Temple of the False God (when you can just replace it with an Ancient Tomb)
- Centaur Vinecrasher (yyyy?)
- Kessig Wolf Run, Thespian's Stage (kessig if you must, but I don't see the value in stage)
As for the cards, you'll want to add:
- The green tutor package (Worldly Tutor, Sylvan Tutor etc)
- Taiga (when you can ocf)
- Red Rituals (Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc.)
- Mana Rocks (Mana Crypt, Mana Vault etc if budget allows)
- Autumn's Veil, Guttural Response, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast to ensure Borborygmos sticks
I believe there's a loop to reshuffle the lands discarded through Kozilek, Butcher of Truth I may be hallucinating tho, but if someone finds a way then the double damage + Illusionist's Bracers package can go.
Either way, I'm looking forward to the development of this list :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks for your input! I would say midgame (turn 5-9) is when this deck typically wins, depending on how quickly they lay down creatures, and whether or not I drew repercussion in the first few turns. If not, I'm basically keeping their creature numbers down with the "each creature" burn spells and shooting the player with the targeting ones until I either draw enough burn spells to kill them, or repercussion, when I can then use their creatures against them. I'm definitely planning on getting more Rite of Flame, probably replacing furnace of Rath with something possibly cheaper manawise and more directly burning, and removing the quest for pure flame, just to add to the deck's expediency- mana problems causing lack of expediency have caused more game losses than probably anything else
1 month ago
Ok, I see long time no update, but if by any chance you still come here from time to time to look at things and maybe an update...
Scrap Trawlerwas printed and I think it can be awesome with 0 mana artifacts that sacrifice themselves to give mana (like Lotus Petal) or any low cost mana rock with a sac outlet. You could just crack the Lotus Petalfor mana, crack another artifact, return the Lotus Petal to your hands then on the battlefield, then start over again, never needing any more mana to crack your eggs. You could even possibly generate mana with this loop, depending on the artifact you use to produce mana (let's say Krark-Clan Ironworks+ Mana Crypt, this I think would be pretty good with Scrap Trawler).
I would also add in Rite of Flame and Pyretic Ritual, that way you would also have a winning line from the graveyard. Self mill with Basalt Monolith+ Mesmeric Orb, flashback Past in Flames to be able to cast from the graveyard Rite of Flame, Pyretic Ritual and Seething Song into Scrap Mastery, then you get infinite mana from one of the combo included in the deck and you can win from Goblin Cannon. All you need in addition to this combo is to start everything.
1 month ago
Love it! Maybe Mana Vault, Windfall, Diminishing Returns, Inner Fire, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Seething Song, Rite of Flame, Trinket Mage and an expensive manabase would be nice if you had all the money in the world haha :P would potentially remove some counterspells to accommodate