|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Rite of Flame
Add (Red)(Red) to your mana pool, then add (Red) to your mana pool for each card named Rite of Flame in each graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rite of Flame Discussion
2 days ago
Just realized Rite of Flame is not modern legal. If anyone has suggestions or alternatives that would be appreciated.
2 weeks ago
4x Last Chance
4x Glorious End
4x Lotus Petal
4x Chrome Mox
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
You may try Rite of Flame. Surprisingly I have found this mana ramp to be effective at times with my mono-red decks
1 month ago
I'm not sure this works but I would add cards that keep adding additional attack steps.since the damage is per turn you can keep growing the mana after each additional attack. would need more card draw to keep fueled...
The best is Aggravated Assault - if you dealt 5 damage once you can combo for infinite attack steps
2 months ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
2 months ago
skyninja135 your average cmc is too high (3.81) and your Abundance combo is solid but there's a lot of win more cards in there (whats Worldspine Wurm and Realm Seekers doing?). A number of your artifacts don't seem competitive at all, Storm Cauldron, Horn of Greed, Ghirapur Orrery all benefit the opponents as well which is something you want to avoid (except cards like Selvala, Heart of the Wilds), giving them extra lands basically speeds up their game plans as well. Most of the creature ramp (Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder etc.) you got can be cut for normal dorks ( Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves etc.). I get the fact that you want to ramp heavily with lands, but most of the spells that enable you to do so are rather slow; compare Cultivate to Mox Diamond, of course, mox may be out of your budget but this kind of ramp allows early explosive turns ( after all you're aim is to pull off the combo asap) rather than a slow accumulative ramp (someone's bound to go off before you do). You can take out the landfall theme it's just not fast/strong enough. I'm unsure what the optimal land count for a deck like this would be, but removing the tapped lands is a definite (Temple of Abandon, Evolving Wilds) and adding in off-color fetches (unless your budget prevents you but it should be one of your top priorities). Also, why no artifact hate? Just some other cards that I think should be cut:
- Seek the Horizon (for 4?)
- Tempt with Discovery (letting the opponent search for a land is not a good idea)
- Rites of Flourishing (should really be adding cards that benefit yourself like I mentioned above)
- Constant Mists (unless there's someone who plays the kiki combo)
- Knollspine Dragon, Kodama's Reach (let's be honest: it's too slow)- Krosan Tusker (better options out there)
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Oracle of Mul Daya ( 4cmc is a bit too much for this effect and they don't really do anything else, you also want enough lands in the library for Borborygmos to discard)
- Temple of the False God (when you can just replace it with an Ancient Tomb)
- Centaur Vinecrasher (yyyy?)
- Kessig Wolf Run, Thespian's Stage (kessig if you must, but I don't see the value in stage)
As for the cards, you'll want to add:
- The green tutor package (Worldly Tutor, Sylvan Tutor etc)
- Taiga (when you can ocf)
- Red Rituals (Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc.)
- Mana Rocks (Mana Crypt, Mana Vault etc if budget allows)
- Autumn's Veil, Guttural Response, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast to ensure Borborygmos sticks
I believe there's a loop to reshuffle the lands discarded through Kozilek, Butcher of Truth I may be hallucinating tho, but if someone finds a way then the double damage + Illusionist's Bracers package can go.
Either way, I'm looking forward to the development of this list :)