Search target opponent's library for an artifact card and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
|Have (2)||DudeMan1031 , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Acquire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
3 months ago
Hello how's it going, I love commander and always like seeing what people come up with, since this is your first deck let me throw out a couple observations from having built many different decks over the years. First thing I notice is 31 lands is pretty low for not rocking some outrageous ramp/mana shoot closer to 36-38 if you dont have a ton of ramp but even my ramp decks dont go under 34. Next is the large amount of instants, since commander is designed to take longer and involve more ppl a classic instant packed deck doesn't have the same value as in modern, the 1 for 1 logic doesn't apply since you got 4 other guys to worry about ideally. Instants work best in commander as support for an over arching strategy of a deck, to many and you leave yourself cardless quickly unless your goal is to drop a Rise from the Tides while running telrand other than that you should make them more online with your theme, the stronger you can support your main them the better value for values sake will dilute a commander deck. that said some cards I think would run well with your deck are Bribery/Acquire would be funny, Azor's Elocutors/Mechanized Production/Approach of the Second Sun are all great alternate win cons for control decks. Dance of the Manse is a great card for this many enchants and artifacts and a Rise from the Tides or Luminarch Ascension would allow you to drop some creatures in favor of some more classic controll like Winter Orb,Stasis, Static Orb, Propaganda, and with this many enchantments Sphere of Safety. And lastly who wouldnt want to order the top of their deck as they see fit? Well Soothsaying is here to do just that. I hope this helps in any way if you have any question about anything I said feel free to ask, good luck and welcome to commander.(sorry 'bout being so long winded lol)
6 months ago
Cut: Tidewater Minion - There is better stuff imo Acquire - Too dependent on the opponent's deck having a good/useful artifact. Mirrormade - Should be switched for something that straight up steal stuff instead of copying it. A mana rock - I think you could go down to 6
Add: Agent of Treachery - More versatile than Acquire AND removed the card from your opponents control. Hostage Taker - Replace Mirrormade Retreat to Coralhelm - Replace Tidewater Minion (scry if you don't need to tap!) Bane of Bala Ged - Decent hitter that also exiles.
6 months ago
troca opportunity por Precognitive Perception , shrine of the forsaken gods eh ruim, dispatch precisa de um deck mais focado em artefato, 19 eh pouco pra consistentemente ter 3 no campo, callous oppressor parece horrivel kkkk, painful truths nao funciona se voce jogar de graca do yennett, troca por um Read the Bones ou Notion Rain ou Dream Cache , o resto parece bem decente, mas vou falar um monte de carta impar que eu gosto: Burnished Hart , Thief of Sanity , Prognostic Sphinx , Scheming Symmetry , Acquire , Aether Gale , Wave of Reckoning eh especialmente bom pq nao mata yennett e mata o resto, Time Wipe , Plague Wind , Generous Gift , Mortify , Gilded Lotus , Imprisoned in the Moon , Mind's Dilation
8 months ago
Thanks for following up so fast. Nice to see your thought process.
- For me the copy package is a great asset in this list. Stealing is not strictly better imo, as copying has way more versatility than stealing does. I have won several times casting a kicked Rite of Replication on something like Kokusho. And even just copying Gary once or twice can just get you the victory. This is why I run more expensive ETB creatures like the primordial, Noxious gearhulk and Rune-Scarred Demon , since I will rarely get their effect only once. Either recurring them or coping them can generate a lot of value.
- Bolas's Citadel has been great in this deck so far, as I can steal a lot of life quite reliably with all the copy and recursion stuff going on + Gary and Kokusho. I disagree it is only good with low cmc cards. Plus it turns into a Yawgmoth's Bargain with Top. However, I agree it is probably more fitting in other decks. Still, if I'd cut it I would then replace it with another draw spell, and not something from your list of tips :|.
- Trinket mage is here mainly as a second Top for the synergy with Citadel, but can also fetch artifact lands or sol ring, so doubles as ramp or a land. I would cut this together with Citadel if I would ever cut that card.
- I see your point regarding Steal Artifact vs Acquire . Will give that some consideration.
- I put in Personal tutor because I needed my vamp tutor for another deck :). I agree it is relatively slow and could easily be cut.
- Of course there will be scenario's possible where Steal Enchantment is the winning play, but that's quite meta-dependant. And it is still more narrow than for example Mirrormade . Again, I prefer options over efficiency in this build.
- You make me at least wanna try out memory plunder, so I will put that on my maybe list :).
- I'm not sure I want to take the deck in the direction of bigger mana rocks and more expensive spells. It could synergize well with the copy-artifacts cards, so I will also take that tip into consideration. It might be a fun direction to at least try, so I might do that :).
Thanks again for your time! Exchanging thoughts on steal decks always shows me how much cool thing are possible with this archetype. All the possibilities to prevent it from becoming stale!
10 months ago
I love the theft theme for Sen Triplets I'm not sure what you want your curve to look like, but some of my personal favorites are Agent of Treachery , Thief of Sanity , Acquire , Mind's Dilation , Praetor's Grasp , and Bribery
10 months ago
Oh how I wish we could run Vraska, Relic Seeker ! I love this list. For flavor I'd add Acquire , Bribery , Greed , Piracy Charm , Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip , Vanquisher's Banner and Coveted Jewel .
Great list though. +1 from me,
1 year ago
1 year ago
Cool deck! A hearty upgrade could be Mycosynth Lattice which can slightly widen the scope of what Tawnos’ ability can target. I know lattice isnt cheap but could find a spot in your line-up if you decide to go that route. Mycosynth Golem is great too. But also $$. Could help cheapen cmcs down significantly.
Now this is a bit janky but There’s a cycle of Towers: Tower of Fortunes , Tower of Calamities , Tower of Murmurs are what i can remember. I’m pretty sure it’s a cycle. Anyway, expensive to activate but could be awesome/funny to pull off.
Good luck! +1