|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horror
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Untap all green and/or blue creatures you control during each other player's untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Tiddilywinkus , pskinn01 , Lindough , ChrisH , xavierplaguelord , dplerner , golgarigirl , Vergil_Redgrail , HR19 , rebelteddybear , , ironax , gildan_bladeborn , NostalgicAce , LegendDeer|
Murkfiend Liege Discussion
2 weeks ago
If you're looking for a replacement to give flash to your spells, you could run Alchemist's Refuge or Vedalken Orrery. If you want to untap your creatures on your opponents turns, you could consider Murkfiend Liege.
3 weeks ago
Major overhaul to account for finalized archetypes.
- Dragonlord Ojutai
- Drogskol Reaver
- Goblin Electromancer
- Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker (this makes me sad. If we ever lower the overall power level of the cube then I think this is a contender for a good stuff inclusion in Azorius, but I think its pretty weak right now. Im open to be convinced otherwise!)
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
- Melek, Izzet Paragon
- Murkfiend Liege
- Pride of the Clouds
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept
- Sphinx of the Steel Wind
- Sphinx Summoner
- Stoic Angel (to be replaced with Roon I think?)
- Thunderclap Wyvern
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
- Mask of Riddles
- Thopter Foundry
- Migratory Route
- Archangel of Tithes
- Aven Mindcensor
- Bruna, the Fading Light
- Gisela, the Broken Blade
- Nyx-Fleece Ram (doesnt do enough)
- Precinct Captain (creates tokens on damage, not attack. Not good enough)
- Windborn Muse
- Wingmate Roc
- Call for Unity (there are better pump effects than this)
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (this might make Boros unplayable. It cant exist in the format, I dont think)
- Arcane Savant
- Baral, Chief of Compliance
- Docent of Perfection Flip
- Ethersworn Adjudicator
- Kefnet the Mindful
- Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
- Sower of Temptation
- Sphinx of Magosi
- Spirit Noble
- Stratus Dancer
- Talrand, Sky Summoner
- Thing in the Ice Flip
- Warden of Evos Isle
- Bident of Thassa
- Etherium Astrolabe
- Notorious Throng
- As Foretold
- Spellweaver Volute
- Baral, Chief of Compliance
- Herald of Anguish
- Liliana's Specter (not sure this does enough, but maybe Im wrong)
- Maddening Imp (this makes me sad, but the cube is too powerful for this card. Maybe in a powered-down version, which we could explore later)
- Morbid Curiosity (the sac deck has enough. This should probably be replaced by Greater Good in any case)
- Executioner's Capsule
- Lethal Vapors (slows the game too much)
- Charmbreaker Devils
- Goblin Dark-Dwellers
- Lord of Shatterskull Pass
- Young Pyromancer
- Mizzix's Mastery
- Vizkopa Guildmage
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
- Ghoulcaller Gisa
- Havengul Lich
- Cemetery Puca (just found this. Thought it could be interesting)
- Vulturous Zombie
- Brago, King Eternal
- Venser, the Sojourner
- Mistmeadow Witch
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
- Cemetery Reaper
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- Liliana, Death's Majesty
- Graveborn Muse (good as a phyrexian arena on a stick)
- Geth, Lord of the Vault
- Withered Wretch
- Wight of Precinct Six
- Custodi Lich
- Phyrexian Delver
- Corpse Augur
Note: With Welder and Daretti in the picture, I think its worth reconsidering whether we want Spine of Ish Sah. Its just pure value at that point (still slow to reduce opponents board presence, but you get your artifacts directly to the battlefield)
A few thoughts:
If we want to include Eldrazi Displacer, then I think we have to keep the painlands, and should probably include some other colorless utility lands as well. I would be okay to lose some of the tap for any color lands as well as the artefact lands for this purpose. Its also possible that the Displacer is also just too good, in which case we can add the trilands over the painlands to give Simic Domain a bit more oomph.
Speaking of: Im not familiar with the enablers for Domain, so Im gonna be relying on you a bit to help flesh out the archetype. I look forward to your suggestions!
Anyways, let me know what you think about cuts/additions and I will make the changes. After that, we should probably just switch to cubetutor to get a better idea of where we are with each archetype.
4 weeks ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
1 month ago
Daedalus19876 I love your comments, they're always insightful and useful. Unfortunately for me, I can only do so much, being a currently unemployed college student. Seedborn Muse is a card I've been hoping to get my hands on for a while, but for the time being Murkfiend Liege will suffice.
I have Blue Sun's Zenith in Drawn unto Death, but getting another would be nice. Now, as for Protean Hulk, I could run that in conjunction with Prime Speaker Zegana and have some really nice card advantage if done right or Acidic Slime to thin out some mana bases...the issue is getting the trade fodder or the money to get the cards.
1 month ago
Let me start by saying that you have picked a great commander. I like Momir Vig, Simic Visionary. He is so much fun, as long as you don't mind shuffling alot. Here's my Simic deck Simic Toolbox for a reference.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary let you build a toolbox deck that has many options and deal with a wide variety of threats. Let's use that.
I'm going to start with basic strategy, then move onto what to remove, and then what to consider putting in.
Due to the likelyhood of Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Gaea's Blessing, or Elixir of Immortality being in an opponent's deck, the mill stategies tand to not work well in commander games. Especially multi-player games. Now, I'm not saying that you can't mill the opponents, just don't rely on that stategy too much.
Additionally, you should be in the 34 to 38 lands range. Only having 29 lands could really slow you down. Don't rely on mana creatures because opponents will target them to hinder you.
I would remove the following:
Blanchwood Armor, only sees forest, auras aren't that good in commander, and there are better options.
Curse of the Bloody Tome, only works on a sinlge opponent.
Khalni Heart Expedition, there are much moer efficient land seach methods.
Ring of Kalonia and Ring of Thune, there are better equipments and other artifacts to consider.
Gridlock, weak tap target permanent ability. Too much of a mana sink.
Gatecreeper Vine, Creatures with defender can't attack and in later parts of the game, just disappoint more often than help. The search for a gate only nets one card.
Skullwinder helps your opponents as much as it helps you.
Wood Elves only finds a forest. Borderland Ranger, Sylvan Ranger, or Farhaven Elf may be better options. And/Or add Breeding Pool.
Without haste, creatuers that have tap abilities are just targets until they lose summoning sickness. Let's minimize those.
Boreal Druid, Kiora's Follower, Llanowar Elves, Merfolk Mesmerist are all cards to consider cutting for lands or stronger creatures.
These are maybe remove or maybe keep, depends on where you want to focus:
Fertile Ground, more land would be better.
Ghostly Touch, better ways to untap a permanent
Paragon of Eternal Wilds, only sees green creatures.
Now for the toolbox creatures. Let's really expand on your +1 counters theme. In no particular order:
From my deck, look at Cytoplast Manipulator, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Cytospawn Shambler, Forgotten Ancient, Helium Squirter, Plaxcaster Frogling, Spike Feeder, Spike Weaver, Triskelion.
Additionally Armorcraft Judge, Baloth Pup, Oran-Rief Hydra, Ainok Guide, Avatar of the Resolute, Battlefront Krushok, Hooded Hydra, Experiment Kraj, Fertilid are all fun cards with abilities that capitalize on counters.
Mystic Snake gives you a repeatable counterspell when you have Roaring Primadox or a Crystal Shard on the field.
Murkfiend Liege, makes everything stronger and untaps your dudes each turn. Truly obnoxious with a Hair-Strung Koto in play.
Gilder Bairn can accelerate your creatures and planeswalkers. But to really abuse it you need a Holdout Settlement, Springleaf Drum or Hair-Strung Koto in play to tap it.
Sphinx of Magosi has been a favorite of mine in commander decks. Flyer, card draw, and keeps gettign bigger.
Omnibian is a good way to remove an opponents blocking creature by reducing it to a 3/3 after blockers are declared and before damage happens.
Simic Guildmage is good for the counters, but if you really want to run some auras then he gets better.
Other cards to consider:
Crystal Shard lets you block and then bounce a creature you control so that you can reuse the 'enters the battlefield' triggers.
Durable Handicraft give you an option to put a counter on any creatures as it enters the field.
Hardened Scales is a great card in this deck and is cheaper than Doubling Season.
Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden, Llanowar Reborn, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Temple of Mystery and Treetop Village have always been good to me.
Simic Growth Chamber lets you bounce the Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden or a tapped basic. Also retriggers the landfall cards.
Writing this up has made me want to get off my chair and go build my Simic commander deck. Thanks!I hope that these suggestions help you. As always, temper these suggestions with your collection and your budget. Feel free to take a look at my decks and let me know what you think.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Some suggestions from my Surrak deck Bloody Russian Dragons:
Hope some of these suggestions interest you. Good luck, Surrak is a lot of fun.