|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horror
Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Untap all green and/or blue creatures you control during each other player's untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||Tiddilywinkus , Lindough , xavierplaguelord , MonoRedBomb.Com , Vergil_Redgrail , rebelteddybear , ironax , Lucretian , gildan_bladeborn , jstn.mrrtt , AllDayTayTay , Joblaska , Mortiferus_Rosa , bakunet , Vasbear1 , killstars , Reliva , KingOfGrixis , NCN946 , mziter501 , Cazaz0816 , Florg , itheoryz , ChrisH , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , slemulv , brokendwarf , rockleemyhero|
|Want (26)||vincentgalbo , ElectroPanda , Talistan , xpsychovampx , Slatibartfast , cainanunes , Dantheman18 , thefinalstair , jamin , Leodude , failurechild88 , sleepy104 , starkzero , Elphane , squitxl , PopeJonIII , Thotny , ToshiChan , lordlex , XxCataclysmiCxX , voryn , Approximos , orzhov_moskalski , tondef001 , zephyrmoth , Mahtimatonen|
Murkfiend Liege Discussion
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
2 weeks ago
All: Mirrorpool Sea Gate Wreckage Worn Powerstone Mind Stone Hedron Archive Rogue's Passage Ashnod's Altar Swiftfoot Boots Blue: Insidious Will Neurok Stealthsuit Kefnet's Monument Green: Zendikar Resurgent Manglehorn Rhonas's Monument Red: Word of Seizing Mana Geyser Hazoret's Monument White: Oketra's Monument Black: Bontu's Monument Razaketh's Rite Green/Black: Creakwood Liege Golgari Signet Green/Blue: Murkfiend Liege Simic Signet Green/White: Dromoka's Command Selesnya Signet Red/Green: Decimate Gruul Signet Red/Blue: Izzet Signet
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Spidersilk Armor seems like a cool addition. I'll have to play with the deck a bit more to see if I need it. Murkfiend Liege's last ability seems super powerful, but I want to keep my creatures power as low as possible for the other mechanics I have like boardwipes and the stacks.
4 weeks ago
That and Murkfiend Liege just to have around for static effects.
2 months ago
KayneMarco Thanks for the upvote and suggestions.
My friends were all using Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca as the Merfolk Commander but I wanted to do something more novel. Derevi fits into the tap/untap theme nicely. The deck has a Wizard subtheme too.
I've considered the cards you recommended when I was building the deck. Supreme Inquisitor and Lullmage Mentor require 4 other wizards and 6 other merfolks respectively to "turn on" their tap ability. In the games I've played using this deck, it is extremely difficult to reach that threshold, given how common board wipes are in EDH.
Feel free to try them out and let me know how it goes for you though.
On the topic of Derevi, she helms another of my novel deck, which should be getting popular these days, thanks to the Bant Enchantment deck in Commander 2018. Attaching the deck list below to give you more ideas on how you can build Derevi.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 15 VIEWS
2 months ago
I personally went with a Wizards theme to emphasize the counterspells. Ertai, Wizard Adept is repeatable Foil, while Patron Wizard is just amazing at stopping your opponents, when paired with Murkfiend Liege.
2 months ago
Stifle - the counter package is in flux. This may go back in later if my meta demands it.
Murkfiend Liege - I originally put it in without thinking enough about how much worse it is when compared to Seedborn Muse. It's useless in this deck.
Simic Initiate - the low CMC wasn't enough to justify leaving it in. The other Graft creatures in the deck all add useful functions that justify the higher CMC.
Exploration - Extra land drops to abuse Tatyova
Jace, Cunning Castaway - For the combo win with Doubling Season
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - Because reasons
Lotus Petal - Because reasons
Nissa, Vital Force - For the utility of her minus abilities
Reclamation Sage - I needed a way to deal with artifacts and enchantments, as I totally lacked the means.
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage - Utility
The reason for slotting in three new planeswalkers is because I clarified the interaction between Pir, Imaginative Rascal and Doubling Season. Specifically that if I have both in play, Doubling Season is allowed to affect PW counters when plus abilities are used.