Destroy target artifact or enchantment with converted mana cost 3 or less.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Natural State Discussion
3 days ago
Looking at your sideboard ...
- I'm wondering if you need faster answers for Solemnity, especially if you're on the draw Game 2 (since Lost Legacy is useless if one is already on the board). Natural State was of course lousy against Marvel, but it might be exactly what the deck wants for HOU Standard.
- Hour of Glory over Final Reward?
3 days ago
LOVE that Pummeler!
A couple quick thoughts:
- With Marvel out and Walking Ballista back, Natural State may be better in sideboard now than By Force and Manglehorn.
- With Glorybringer such a big part of the meta now (in mine anyways), you might need some flyerhate in the sideboard. I like Plummet, but there are a ton of good options.
Finally, you might want to drop by the All Things Pummeler thread sometime. I'd love to add your voice to the conversation there!
3 days ago
White Decks will be a pain to deal with thanks to Solemnity. I'll have to add some Natural State to the side. I think it will be good in this matchup to turn more aggo by getting out the champion and the tracker for things like the leopard and the gnarlid
4 days ago
Based off of the recent spoilers, a resolved Solemnity literally destroys this deck. I would take the Eldritch Evolutions out of the sideboard for 2-3 copies of Natural State, since none of the major artifacts in Standard at the moment are CMC 4+.
1 week ago
It's cool to see a Mono-G Pummeler build! Looks solid!
A few quick thoughts:
- Nature's Way maybe, as a strictly better Rabid Bite?
- Natural State is fine vs. Mardu Vehicles, but I prefer Appetite for the Unnatural since it can also hit Marvel. Speaking of which, Manglehorn is really good against Marvel.
- Some other sideboard options, depending on how your meta shifts over time: Heroic Intervention, Key to the City, and Prowling Serpopard
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hi, thanks! Your advice is nice and well meaning but I have reasons as to why I don't run most of the cards you've mentioned. Mostly it comes down to me trying to make this deck more competitive, and since most Modern decks are close to winning on turn 4-5, most slower cards can no longer be in this deck.
Mycoloth can be great, but it's also a fantastic way to lose all your saprolings to a single removal spell, or even a simple Vapor Snag. Verdeloth the Ancient is a really nice card as well, but at six mana it's a bit too slow - but I might consider running it again after I manage to get a set of Utopia Sprawls.
Natural State is chosen over Sundering Growth because in a fast paced game, that one mana can make a huge difference - and most Modern decks don't run enchantments and artifacts with a CMC above three. But I'll think about it, maybe it'd be a good change.
Growing Ranks is also a bit slow, and not as powerful as the other enchantments in the deck, so I decided not to use it - a single saproling per turn is not that impressive considering that initial mana investment. I do not have or can afford Doubling Season, but probably wouldn't use it anyway if I did, because once again, that one more mana compared to Parallel Lives makes it not worth it, and counters are not as important here as they might be in another deck.
I've thought about Essence Warden, but since she's not directly helping me create saprolings or win the game, I feel that the creature spot is better given to something else. Aetherflux Reservoir is neat and I might actually try to use it on another deck of mine, haha.
And finally, for flying - I don't have trouble attacking anyone with flying - the one problem I have is -defending- against them, since an army of nonflying blockers is still helpless against even a single flying opponent. But sadly Bower Passage does not help with that.