|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Contamination unless you sacrifice a creature.
If a land is tapped for mana, it produces (Black) instead of any other type and amount.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
Deserted Temple you are running 3 big mana lands, Diabolic Intent great tutor in creature deck, Kindred Dominance tribal destruction Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni unique rat, Nezumi Graverobber utility rat, Contamination powerful mono black stax effect
2 days ago
Oh and Contamination if you don't like having friends.
6 days ago
1 week ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
2 weeks ago
Commander / EDH
I think I over complicated the deck a lot and need to be simplified down to be more effective. This deck is trying to use Contamination to shut down other decks while searching for a win con or two. (This deck needs to be faster) I don't want to go with the stupid Ad Maralen combo that most people do
1 month ago
In full disclosure I've never played against that list or one quite like it - but typically the crux of Meren's power is how you choose to mulligan and which lines of play you seek out in your first few turns. In other words, a generic "good hand" and luck of the draw will often not serve you well, as opposed to thinking very critically about your opponents' weaknesses and proactively seeking out the best ways to address their individual strategies.
For example, some games against certain lists I ignore all else and look for Null Rod ASAP, because the disproportionate advantage it provides vs. artifact combo / ramp (i.e. Rashmi, Eternities Crafter combo) is simply so strong that every other line of play is just not worth it in comparison. On the other hand, against something like Yisan, the Wanderer Bard it is usually crucial to find removal or a boardwipe as soon as possible. So, your opening hand / mulligans / early tutors should reflect the line of play you believe is most likely to win you the game (again, a generic "good" hand will usually be the incorrect choice - it needs to be "good" for the specific matchup)
Initial impressions looking at the Ramos list:
In summary, we are much faster than this list and it at least appears to me that bogging him down in the opening turns of the game would give us plenty of time to setup a lock or establish fantastic board advantage.
Was this a 1v1 game or multiplayer? If multiplayer, did the rest of the table not use any removal?
1 month ago
Contamination to work with reassembling skeleton and skullclamp
How do you deal with artifacts and enchantments?
Your list looks solid. +1 from me. If you want some more ideas, feel free to check out my deck The Descent Into Darkness
1 month ago
Mirage Mirror is CRAZY versatile, especially in this deck. Need another coffers? Another way to trigger dark depths? You got it!
Candelabra of Tawnos to untap your coffers (original, vesuva, thespian's stage and mirage mirror), then copy the untap ability with rings :). If you add Basalt Monolith, you get infinite colorless mana. Add Sensei's Divining Top and you can draw your whole deck. Plus the top is good filter and the monolith for ramp.